Something I've Learned Today

ned

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I learned the ins and outs of my wage slip today after buying a book all about the various different taxes and how your outgoings are deducted from your salary. I was a bit clueless before with all that tax credits and outgoings information, just assuming i was being paid the correct amount every month but i know a lot more about the many types of relief out there and how to claim them and i would advise anyone to read up on them.

I have already received money back from the revenue for bin charges and union fees and plan to claim for medical expenses this year, too. They will never tell you of any reliefs so its up to you to read up on it!

Spaghetti is meant to be eaten with a fork- not a spoon. Using a spoon could result in you flinging a big wad of it at your chest. :lol:

I'm never taking Abby out to a posh restaurant! :D

Don't try to eat grapes with a fork - it doesn't work.

Something I learned today is that there are TWO people on this forum I'm not going to take to a posh restaurant! It'll have to be a picnic! :lol:

I have visions of you cursing while grape juice shoots over your shoulder as you jab frantically at a grape. :lol:

I've learned that a decent night's sleep really sets you up for the day (I've not slept properly since I was 20 weeks pregnant - Xan is 18 months old today!).

However, I've also learned that when you're no longer used to spending all night in your own bed as opposed to on the 2-seat sofa, sleeping in bed all night makes your back feel sore in the morning! (Perhaps I should just relocate to a sofa part time and increase my time in bed over a few weeks till I'm used to it again - LOL!)

I learned that (apparently) Diet Coke is NOT calorie free! Coke refuses to change it though, even though they continuously get fined for having incorrect informatio on the label, because the fine is just a pittance. :D

I learned that (apparently) Diet Coke is NOT calorie free! Coke refuses to change it though, even though they continuously get fined for having incorrect informatio on the label, because the fine is just a pittance. :irked:

How many calories does it have?!!!!! :D

What I have learned today........ THAT!!!!!