Something I've Learned Today

ned

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That my patience is running out when having to queue more than 10 mins at the new Dobbies garden centre for a cuppa and scone (I left), is it my age or something!

To pace myself a bit better and not work so hard. I had an availability thing to fill in for the summer exams sent to me today, and when I fill it in will make sure I tell them I can't work on Wednesdays, as this is my one day off and I want to keep it that way !

I learned that Thora Birch played Dani in Hocus Pocus - I haven't seen that film since before I knew who Thora Birch was but now that I read it I can see it perfectly clearly in my head - of course it was her. That's cool.

I will remember this the next time I decide to inject myself with my spice rack :D

Next time someone annoys you.....................i'm just thowing it out there. I mean, would an autopsy look for nutmeg? :lol:

I guess they would if they were looking for something and did a toxicology screen if however it appeared to be natural causes they might not do an autopsy...see I watch far to many crime shows on tv..:lol:

I have oftened wondered what bitter almonds smell like, its always being used as a murderers poison and its cyanide i think, but what does it smell like? Almonds i know but bitter ones?? I mean even the ordinary man on the street is supposed to be able to tell its a murder whan they smell it according to the literarture.

I learnt this from my art teacher today. Aparantly if you put your London Underground ticket next to or beside your phone the phone's radar thing will de-magnatise (or something like that) the card and it will not work on the gates.

Haha. Yeah I guess some people don't realise. Absolutely nothing you put online is private, there will always be people with the ability to access information. My brother is quite an accomplished one, being a computer scientist.

In the 1400's a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb"

Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language

In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... "goodnight, sleep tight."