Something I've Learned Today

ned

Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you

Apologies to any anatidaephobics, but that is absolutely hilarious! I've been ill all day but reading that article has totally cheered me up!

So, I have learned today that when I'm ill, I should read about bizarre phobias to cheer myself up! :lurker:

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, some of the fears listed are incredibly rational and reasonable fears to have e.g. Ballistophobia- Fear of missiles or bullets.

I guess if the bullets or missiles are just sitting there, it would be irational to fear them, but once they're on the go, oerfectly reasonable. I'd be wetting my pants with fear if bullets and missiles were flying around near me!

There are only 2 countries in the world beginning with the letter D, if you happen to be speaking English.

Would they be Denmark and Djibouti? I used to foil one of those "I can predict what you'll end up with" games with that as the last two questions were (the resulting answer of the pervious question being D) "name a country beginning with that letter", then "name an animal beginning with the last letter". You were supposed to end up with Kangaroo, but I always ended up with iguana, which totally stumped (and often upest) anyone who tried it on me! :lurker: