Five facts...

Michelle

Janet, I don't know anyone else besides you who has actually taken singing lessons, I think it's great and interesting to hear that you've taken them! And lots of respect for starting up piano lessons which you've always wanted to do! Seems like you've been really courageous lately, even holding a tarantula!! (yuck!!)

5 facts about me:

1. I've got freckles.

2. I've also got varicose veins in my right arm, I've had them for as long as I can remember. They're normally "found" on older people, I guess mostly women and in their legs, so I feel pretty special for having them in my arm :D:D People always ask me if I've hurt myself or painted something and the colour has stuck on my hand or arm. I've even had one person say to me that it must be hard for me in the summertime because I can't wear t-shirts or anything sleeveless :D Please, like I would really mind them so much that I'd wear woolly jumpers in the summer! One person also cried out "oh my they're ugly!" when she saw them for the first time. I wanted to say "not as ugly as your face", but I was too shy back then to give her my mind. (Not that she was even ugly, quite pretty actually, but it was all I could come up with.) It's really interesting to see how different people react to them, and who's really considerate and who's not. I really don't mind them because I've had them since forever and I don't even remember they exist until someone asks me what the heck is wrong with my arm.

3. I love Nordic countries, the cultures and the languages. I'd love to learn Danish and live in the country!

4. I have an older brother with whom I don't get along at all, and sometimes I think I should've worn the pants and he the skirts. He's more into hairdressing and clothes than I am, and he's the one in the family who loves them horses (at least in here it was always the girl thing to do).

5. I myself am scared of horses and don't like them one bit.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.It's my birthday.

2. I woke up and found a Playstation 2 outside my door.

3. The only person who could have gotten it is my brother, but he's never gotten me anything.

4. All I got him was a card (we usually don't even do cards) and now I feel awful.

5. This is the first present that's made me cry in years.

1. I'm in the State Emergency Service, which is a volunteer organisation that helps the community in times of natural disasters. We respond to calls for assistance during storms (cutting down trees, patching holes in roofs etc - this makes up the bulk of our work), floods and locating missing people. There are many other roles the SES does but my particular unit are most active in the above. We also do community events, which has just reminded me that I'm supposed to be putting my name down to do a Santa fun run some time soon (hundreds of people will dress as Santa and run through town, as far as I can gather). It's a rewarding experience and it's also where I met my partner. :D

I just noticed this and I think that's absolutely brilliant of you! And it must be so much fun (not the natural disasters part of course), doing the Santa fun run and all the other community events :D I know you've said on here that you're a bit shy so that's why I was particularly (and positively) surprised that you're doing something like this. And also to have met you're partner on the Santa fun run, awww :D

I have tagged your Offy Topicy posts onto ii's Off Topic thread over in the member's threads section. :D

And totally ruined my joke!! *pouts*

Okay, okay...

five more:

1) I often accidentally forget my lunch home so I can go to the department store's food section across the street.

2) There's a guy working at the deli whom I find really really cute.

3) I often flirt with the cute DeliGuy.

4) I did it again today.

5) He started it!

*laughs*

Five random facts about I, me, mine:

1. I've been dyeing my hair since I was 13 because I absolutely hate my natural colour, i.e. mousey grey-brown. In the past 11 years I've had my hair every hue under the sun, from bright pink (my favourite by far) to electric blue (not so good, it tinged the walls); the only one I've ever avoided is green, as it wouldn't have suited my complexion or gone with anything in my wardrobe. Now, however, I'm letting the remnants of it all grow out, hence the current patchwork look: it's part of my ever-so-enlightened mission to accept myself. Then I can go back and die my hair for the right reasons (i.e. it looks cool as opposed to I look terrible au naturelle).

2. After 20 years of tomboyness, UK higher education sparked the still ongoing Princess Phase I completely failed to have at 3 years old. When a few years ago my mum first visited my student digs and uncovered pink fluffy pillows and fairy-lights, her exact words were, "What have you done with my daughter?"

3. At the age of 8, I wrote my first metaphysical poem re: death and hell. Proud of my use of big words and themes, I showed it to my teacher; terrified calls to my parents ensued.

4. When I was 18, I very nearly did not win my high school's poetry competition because my use of language, rhyme and rhetoric convinced the panel that I must have plagiarised. A testimony to the effect that a. I would never steal another's work and b. I was indeed talented had to be obtained from my English professor to placate their doubts.

5. One of my many phobias includes drowning, to the point that I don't snorkel, swim with my head underwater or even want running water on my face when I have a shower.

Five new things about me:

1. In September I started an Access Course in Social Science with the hope to go to Uni in September next year to do the Social Work BA Hons Degree.

2. I have a black nail varnish fetish.

3. I am hopelessly in love with all things Twilight.

4. I seem to always wear at least one thing grey everyday.

5. Winter makes me eat bad food.

:D

1. In September I started an Access Course in Social Science with the hope to go to Uni in September next year to do the Social Work BA Hons Degree.

How's that going?

5. Winter makes me eat bad food.

:D

Bad as in 'bad in taste' or 'bad for you'? *laughs* Evil food.

3. At the age of 8, I wrote my first metaphysical poem re: death and hell. Proud of my use of big words and themes, I showed it to my teacher; terrified calls to my parents ensued.

You, too, rock my cotton based foot garments <3

Janet, I don't know anyone else besides you who has actually taken singing lessons, I think it's great and interesting to hear that you've taken them! And lots of respect for starting up piano lessons which you've always wanted to do! Seems like you've been really courageous lately, even holding a tarantula!! (yuck!!)

Thanks. :D The singing lessons were the best thing I've ever done (hubby bought me 5 for Christmas a few years back to get me started...). They gave me the confidence to join a choir which I love.

I'm enjoying the piano lessons so far too. :D

It's a pity you don't get on with your brother - maybe that will change over the years.

I'm also afraid of horses, Frankie, since I got bitten by one when I was about 8 and had to have a tetanus injection.

They gave me the confidence to join a choir which I love.

Another fact about me: I'm not into religion in any way, and not really even spirituality. However, I love churches architecturally, though they freak me out a bit, and I LOVED singing in the choir when I was young.

If it wouldn't be completely hypocritical, I'd love to still sing in choirs.

You, too, rock my cotton based foot garments <3
Thank you :D I suppose that in retrospect, it was a rather worrying poem. The ending (I translate very roughly and from memory) went something like this:

'... the angels of hell will descend,

Descend upon my defenseless body

To carry me away on the funereal veil of death.

Farewell, oh comrades, you will no longer see,

With the dismay of my derelict soul,

My wandering body.' - BookJumper, aged 8

Ahem :D.

How's that going?

Very well thank you, very busy but loving it! Got a Distinction in my first Sociology assignment! :D

Bad as in 'bad in taste' or 'bad for you'? *laughs* Evil food.

Bad as in fattening, tasty, naughty food. Ate a *whole* bag of marshmallows last night...:D

1.I have a particular likeness for punk culture.

2.Apart from books, I'm also a film and music lover...into arts, generally! :D

3.I'm not sure of what I'm going to study, but my dream is to become a film director.

4.I don't have the charisma of making easily new friends.

5.I would love to have a house by the sea or in a green hill.

Can't remember what I've posted before today, but I'll just spurt out five random ones now.

1) I'm currently obsessed - to my utmost shame - with the music of Chipmunk. Never usually my genre, I just find his lyrics quite good, and seem like I can relate to them.

2) I've been a diabetic for almost two years and remain constantly frustrated by how little knowledge people have of the situation. For example, I've had people say to me 'Oh did you get diabetes because you ate loads of sweets.' Common misconception.

3) I have trouble spelling the word necessary - got it that time! - however, I'm usually a fairly good speller.

4) I'm sixteen and studying English literature, History, Philosophy & Ethics and also Psychology, at my 6th form.

5) My favourite films include the Final Destination films, Fight Club, Sin City and Monsters Inc.

Hope that was a good range of random and mostly uninteresting facts about myself. :D

Hmmm, I don't even know if there are five facts about me. Let me try.

1. My favorite past time is reading.

2. I don't enjoy small social gatherings like parties, but I do enjoy larger gatherings, like concerts.

3. My favorite band is Porcupine Tree

4. I am bi-sexual.

5. I love animals, even the ugly ones like armadillos.

2. I don't enjoy small social gatherings like parties, but I do enjoy larger gatherings, like concerts.

Libri, I'm the same way! I have to go to a party on Saturday (a baby shower for a cousin) and I'm absolutely dreading it. But if I were to go to a concert or a play, I'd be fine. I think it's because I can be more anonymous in a large crowd than at a small gathering. At a small party, people want to talk to me, which gets so annoying.

Libri, I'm the same way! I have to go to a party on Saturday (a baby shower for a cousin) and I'm absolutely dreading it. But if I were to go to a concert or a play, I'd be fine. I think it's because I can be more anonymous in a large crowd than at a small gathering. At a small party, people want to talk to me, which gets so annoying.

I know how you feel in regards to the baby shower. :D I avoid weddings and things of that nature like the plague. And you are correct, we can be anonymous at concerts. I do enjoy hanging out with one or two friends, as long as I know I can trust them, but everyone is too friendly at parties, weddings, and baby showers. :D

Thanks. The singing lessons were the best thing I've ever done (hubby bought me 5 for Christmas a few years back to get me started...). They gave me the confidence to join a choir which I love.

I'm enjoying the piano lessons so far too.

Ooh fab. I sing in a choir - its great fun. Coincidentally I'm hoping to start learning the piano soon too. I'm getting a keyboard from santa this year i hope :D

Another fact about me: I'm not into religion in any way, ... However, ... I LOVED singing in the choir when I was young.

If it wouldn't be completely hypocritical, I'd love to still sing in choirs.

I sing in a secular community choir (although it does include some church songs - but its more about the music than the words)

My 5 facts (I dont remember what my original 5 were)

1. I sing in a choir :D

2. I'm allergic to chocolate :D

3. I'm half way through writing my second novel :D

4. I think Coronation Street is the best thing on TV :D

5. I have lots and lots of very vivid dreams, often with recurring themes, including outer space, multi-storey car parks and finding unexpected rooms in my house :D

5. I have lots and lots of very vivid dreams, often with recurring themes, including outer space, multi-storey car parks and finding unexpected rooms in my house :D

Andrea, that is so strange ....I have this recurring dream of a house with all these extra rooms out the back, which I never get round to exploring, but they still have all the former occupants possessions in them. And other ones where the house is multi-storied with hundreds of rooms where you have to crawl maze-like through them. They all have a vaguely disturbing feel about them.

Five "Interesting" *coughs* facts about me:

1: I don't have a television receiver - haven't watched telly for about...erm...six years or so.

2: I'm divorced, but not through choice.

3: I shaved my head for a laugh when I was 24 and it's been the same ever since. Funnily enough, I recognised that I was losing my hair when it started taking longer for me to wash my face...

4: I am a Scout Leader 2 nights a week (nobody say "dib-dib-dib")

5: I love Timothy Taylor's Landlord (it's a beer!)

Edited by Mac