Five facts...

Michelle

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5: I once buried my hamster because i thought it was dead. It wasn't
This makes me sad :D did you realise in time or was the little fella R.I.P. by that point?

Five more from me, don't worry I'll be snappier about it this time:

1. I'm hypermobile, which means my joints are clicky, very weak and prone to injuries

2. I'm very sensitive so it's quicker to list films I've not cried at than those where I have

3. The very first short story I wrote was about a bookstore mouse, I even drew a little picture and everything

4. I don't own a single pair of plain socks

5. Shameful for an Italian to admit, but I'm currently in love with Starbucks eggnog lattes

3. The very first short story I wrote was about a bookstore mouse, I even drew a little picture and everything

The first book I ever wrote was about Mischief the mouse when I was 7, he lived in the library and had all sorts of adventures! I did everything, even illustrations and I bound the one & only copy :smile2:

Here's 5 from me :D

I take 17 pills a day and inject myself with 2 other different medications once a week.

I had my left knee joint completely replaced when I was 27.

I am slightly obsessed with all things Twilight (don't ask me why though) and, whilst I adore Robert Pattinson, Jackson Rathbone is definitely the 'Cullen' for me.

I never used to be a girly girl until I turned 30 - now I love the color pink, buying shoes and going shopping for clothes. I still can't convince myself to read much 'chick-lit' though...

I have one tattoo and wish I could get another.

I haven't done this in a while so here goes ..

1. My favourite genre of films and books is horror, except zombies. I have an irrational fear of zombies, I say irrational cause there's no such thing .. is there? :D

2. I'm a huge fan of old architecture and decor .. I would so love to live in a castle.

3. I'm happily married with two teenage kids, a rottweiler and a black cat.

4. I fully intend to learn how to brew my own wine, once my garage is built and I have the room.

5. I had an operation to have my sinuses drilled 4 weeks ago.

5. I had an operation to have my sinuses drilled 4 weeks ago.

Ouch, that doesn't sound pleasant! :D

That reminds me...my OH and I were trying to decide the other day whether there is an operation you can have to get rid of hayfever for good. I, for one, would sign up for it!

That reminds me... my OH and I were trying to decide the other day whether there is an operation you can have to get rid of hayfever for good. I, for one, would sign up for it!
Do let me know if you come to a positive conclusion *signs name right under Kylie's*!

Oooh, with a turreted tower for a library - not that I've given this any thought whatsoever :smile2:.

Absolutely!!

Huge big four poster beds lavished with glorious fabrics, fantastic dark panelling everywhere with ornate carvings, electricity and underfloor heating!! ;)

Ouch, that doesn't sound pleasant! :D

That reminds me...my OH and I were trying to decide the other day whether there is an operation you can have to get rid of hayfever for good. I, for one, would sign up for it!

The op I had might help, but I really wouldn't know. I had it done as I suffered badly with sinus headaces. It basically widens the sinus passage so that when they become inflamed it doesn't create the pressure and cause the headache ... so far so good! :D

Huge big four poster beds lavished with glorious fabrics, fantastic dark panelling everywhere with ornate carvings, electricity and underfloor heating!!
Tell you what, my sister's an architect, my dad's a systems engineer so between them they should be able to design us a castle and fit it with all modern conveniences, adequately disguised by ingeniously placed curlicues...!

Thanks. The singing lessons were the best thing I've ever done (hubby bought me 5 for Christmas a few years back to get me started...). They gave me the confidence to join a choir which I love.

I'm enjoying the piano lessons so far too. ;)

It's a pity you don't get on with your brother - maybe that will change over the years.

I'm also afraid of horses, Frankie, since I got bitten by one when I was about 8 and had to have a tetanus injection.

Awww, your hubby gave you the first 5 lessons to get you started :D I feel all mushy for you!

At least you've got a reason to be afraid of horses, I have no idea where mine has come from. I think I just feel like they're so big and unpredictable. Don't know how to get along with them.

And as for my brother... I'm 27, he's 5 years older than I am. As we were younger we had that typical brother-sister-bickering-thing going on, then he moved to another town after he graduated from junior high (or whatever it is, well when he was 16.) After that I think we continued with the bickering because it was all we knew, but nowadays I've tried to make an effort when I see him. I've asked him how he's doing and how's life, and he answers in monosyllabics and doesn't ask me anything. And he keeps teasing me. So after awhile I've just grown fed up with this whole thing and just try to get along. I think he should make an effort for a change. This has been so bad for me that I've even mentioned this to my psychologist and she said that my brother sounds like he has a few issues. But I'm not going to go into that, I guess this is off-topic already.

Another five of me:

1. Next year I need to be staying in an English-speaking country for 2 months and while I'm dreading the arrangements, I'm quite looking forward to it!

2. As much as I've loved the Karin Slaughter books, I cannot wait to read something other than crime fiction :smile2:

3. I feel completely embarrassed about my Getting into shape -thread as I haven't lost any weight during this whole process but have actually gained a couple of pounds :D

4. I don't understand why other people are so into anime/other cartoon movies.

5. I like to pick my nose ;)

Edit: Just noticed Charm's wine brewing wishes. It's really not that hard. Or maybe you northern Irelanders have a difficult way of doing it? Have I mentioned to you that me and my friend just did a badge ourselves? Good gried it tastes horrid, but well, it does the deed, if you know what I mean :D

Edit: also, Kylie and Bookjumper, as you two are wishing to get rid of your hayfever, have you ever heard of a treatment where they're trying to get you used to the thing that's giving you the symptoms? Gosh I don't know what to call it in English. Let me check my dictionary. No, no word for it there. But it's got to do with desensitation? You'd have to get regular injections for it?

Edited by frankie

1. Next year I need to be staying in an English-speaking country for 2 months and while I'm dreading the arrangements, I'm quite looking forward to it!

Ooh, that sounds good! Do you know where you're going?

3. I feel completely embarrassed about my Getting into shape -thread as I haven't lost any weight during this whole process but have actually gained a couple of pounds

I'm embarrassed about mine too. And I have also put on weight. ;)

5. I like to pick my nose :smile2:

And once again you've made me laugh out loud. :D I love your honesty. (And I also have to agree with you :D)

Edit: also, Kylie and Bookjumper, as you two are wishing to get rid of your hayfever, have you ever heard of a treatment where they're trying to get you used to the thing that's giving you the symptoms? Gosh I don't know what to call it in English. Let me check my dictionary. No, no word for it there. But it's got to do with desensitation? You'd have to get regular injections for it?

No, I haven't heard of it, but I'll have to look into it! It's frustrating having a runny nose every day. ;) Most of the time it's just annoying, but occasionally I'll have a really bad day. And it's such a shame, because I love this time of year otherwise. It's starting to get so I don't like going outdoors. :D

Five from me:

1. The most famous person I've ever met was Bob Johnson (those who aren't in the North East, he's was the weather man on North East Tonight for years!)

2. I have a phobia of spiders, but also really hate lifts, drains and bridges.

3. I'm an atheist.

4. I absolutely love watching movies, almost as much as I love reading. Lots of different genres - comedy, romance, horror, thriller, animation to name but a few.

5. I have now been in education for nearly 16 years (with at least another two before I finish) which is depressing as I'm not yet 21!

Ooh, that sounds good! Do you know where you're going?

Well. I have an idea but I have to make sure with my professor that it's acceptable. But I'd rather not reveal anything (heck I haven't even told my real life best friend yet!!) until it's all clear. But I can tell you that it's not what you'd think, it's not US or UK or even Australia =/ By the way, plane tickets to Australia cost an effin' fortune, did you know that?? It's a darn shame.

But I have to say that in my wildest dreams, my most dreamiest ways of spending the two months would be in Charm's backyard, living in a tent, taking care of their dog Piper :D It's an English speaking country, Charm's an excellent person to be around with and Piper's cool *giggle giggle*

I'm embarrassed about mine too. And I have also put on weight.

:D What is it with us??! Well at least we're honest about it ... whooray... =)

And once again you've made me laugh out loud. ;) I love your honesty. (And I also have to agree with you :smile2:)

Ha ha!! You're so busted!! :D

No, I haven't heard of it, but I'll have to look into it! It's frustrating having a runny nose every day. ;) Most of the time it's just annoying, but occasionally I'll have a really bad day. And it's such a shame, because I love this time of year otherwise. It's starting to get so I don't like going outdoors.

I was going to ask you whether you always have a runny nose but then I figured maybe it's that time in your country that your hayfevers are putting on their best show? Do look into it! The regular shots might get annoying but from what I've heard it's worth it!

Edit: And even if you won't be doing the desensitation you might want to see a doctor and get better meds. What are you using? If you're only using pills I would suggest you'd get some kind of nasal spray. My allergies are really bad but the last summer was very okay with me because of that dear nasal spray of mine <3

Edit vol. 2: Kylie, I think I've said it before that I think we're awfully alike, the two of us, but after reading your post I must say it's almost spooky how much we have in common!! =D

Edited by frankie

I can imagine plane tickets to Australia would be pretty expensive from there. ;) Did I ever tell you that I once had a dream that I went to Finland to visit you? I think you took me out for a drink and then we were on a train going to your place and you stopped some guy from groping me. :smile2:

My runny nose is definitely a hayfever thing, and as it's now spring here it is at its worst. Actually my hayfever in general seems to get worse every year. Now I even suffer from it in winter. I've only been on pills to date, and some of them are really good, but they can make me very groggy. I think my Dad has been using a nasal spray and it works well for him, so I might have to try it out as well. :D

I reckon we would get along very well if we met in real life. :D

1. I've met my best friend less than 10 times in the 6 years I've known him.

2. I've recently started turning into a girly girl. I used to be very unflappable and insensitive. Now everything makes me cry.

3. I lost my great grandfather when I was eight. Until he died, I used to go down to his house all the time, I used to pick up his paper and chocolate bar on a Sunday and he was the most wonderful person I knew. I don't remember anything about him, and am gutted that I never really had the chance to know him adult-to-adult.

4. I bite my nails, but I'm trying to get out of the habit. They're long at the moment.

5. My earliest memory of my nearly-nine-year-old collie/terrier cross, Holly, is bringing her home as a new born pup from the vets her litter and mum had been abandoned at. I was 13, it was Christmas, and I carried her all the way home in the palm of my hand tucked inside my jacket.

I can imagine plane tickets to Australia would be pretty expensive from there. :D Did I ever tell you that I once had a dream that I went to Finland to visit you? I think you took me out for a drink and then we were on a train going to your place and you stopped some guy from groping me. ;)

No you never told me!!! :D Hm, was that guy attractive? I would stop him if you wouldn't like it but if you did, I'd be sensible enough to let him carry on :D Oh my I'm laughing out loud! Btw, whenever you happen to come to Finland (yeah, because people do it all the time...) you'd be definitely welcome to visit my place! :smile2:

You definitely need to start using a nasal spray because it works wonders I tell you! I've had a terrible hayfever as well, and a couple of years ago a had a really runny nose in the winter as well. I went to the doctor who gave me this really efficient nasal spray and I used it all winter and the problem went away. I wouldn't dare my luck without that nasal spray anymore!

As for the pills, you could talk to your doctor about switching to another kind because feeling groggy isn't nice, but you still don't have to be in that much agony because of your allergies.

And yes Kylie, we'd definitely get along like a house on fire ;)

I think it was some dirty old man, so I was glad you stopped him. (Why I didn't stop himself I don't know!) I'd love to visit Finland and you! As soon as I win lotto, which I'm sure will happen any day now. :D

I'm definitely going to check with my Dad about the nasal spray he uses. Thanks!

Hmm, I better throw in some more facts:

1. I'd love to make my own jam one day. Even though I rarely even eat it, I really love all different types of jams. :smile2:

2. I have long, straight brown hair. It has been that way my entire life. I have only dared to colour it a couple of times (barely noticeable colours) and I had a fringe for the first (about) 16 years of my life. I'm too scared to make major changes because I don't want everyone looking at me and making comments!

3. My biggest dream in life is too live on a good-sized property in the country and have a big workshop where I could mosaic to my hearts content, and when I'm not mosaicing I'd be reading or tending my vege garden (see above comment re winning lotto).

4. I used to be completely paranoid that everyone was watching me. Something like The Truman Show, only this was before that movie came out (and when it did, I was blown away by the thought that someone else had those same ideas).

5. I love BLTs and especially Club Sandwiches. If they ever turn up on any menu in a restaurant, I'll always order them (well, I'd order one; obviously I couldn't fit in both!) Yum!

Wow you guys are chatty! :D

Charm: I love old architecture too, and new stuff too come to think of it. Sometimes I revert to my old school days and sit for hours drafting out plans. My houses always include a library with a hidden staircase behind a bookshelf that you can only get to by pulling out a copy of some volume :smile2:.

Frankie: But why aren't you coming to the US??!! I think the midwest would be a perfect place for you to hang out in for 2 months! There'd even be people of Finnish ancestry for you talk to I bet ;). I also don't understand anime either.

Frankie: But why aren't you coming to the US??!! I think the midwest would be a perfect place for you to hang out in for 2 months! There'd even be people of Finnish ancestry for you talk to I bet :D. I also don't understand anime either.

I definitely wouldn't mind coming to US since it's been my dream for at least, what, 15 years?? But I've figured it'd be hard to get a job there and an apartment for just two months. So unless you're gonna get me the apartment and the job, or put up with me for two whole months, I'm sticking to my current plan :smile2:

Five more:

1. I love how this place is so diverse. We have people from all the continents I think!

2. Because I'm allergic to dust, I tend to keep my flat decoration-free, which suites me because personally I like minimalistic, functional decore.

3. Scottish accent makes me swoon.

4. I absolutely love John Hannah in Sliding Doors.

5. I've learnt most of my vocabulary from TV, not from school. I can never diss The Bold and the Beautiful too much because that series has tought me so much languagewise!

Edited by frankie
typos

Wow you guys are chatty! ;)

I love it when lots of people are here during my day. It makes the time pass more quickly. :D

My houses always include a library with a hidden staircase behind a bookshelf that you can only get to by pulling out a copy of some volume :D.

That's very cool. :smile2: I've had ideas of having a library hidden in the middle of the house, with no obvious means of entry, but then I wouldn't have any natural light, and that's a must in my library!

ETA:

5. I've learnt most of my vocabulary from TV, not from school. I can never diss The Bold and the Beautiful too much because that series has tought me so much languagewise!

So long as it didn't teach you too much regarding morals. ;)

Edited by Kylie

I love it when lots of people are here during my day. It makes the time pass more quickly. :D

;) I love it that if I'm having a late night (just like now...) you'll be here! ;) And this is not the first time I've realised this.

So long as it didn't teach you too much regarding morals. :D

Morals? I'm having a late night and I almost let the dirty old man grope you! :smile2:

I think you could probably figure out a way to have a hidden library with natural light, Kylie. Skylights perhaps? I always imagine them with two stories and tall sliding ladder :D.

Frankie, which character is John Hannah in Sliding Doors? The jerk cheating boyfriend (who was also in the most excellent film Secret of Roan Inish) or the new guy Gwyneth hangs out with?

Yeah, I can see the difficulty in living in US for 2 months, and my place would most definitely be tight for 2 peeps! I hope you get to go wherever you want to end up and visit here one day :smile2:.

Frankie, which character is John Hannah in Sliding Doors? The jerk cheating boyfriend (who was also in the most excellent film Secret of Roan Inish) or the new guy Gwyneth hangs out with?

He's James Hamilton, the new guy who quotes Monty Python all the time :D