Five facts...

Michelle

2) I'm not sure if I can afford said phD and it's a tad worrying
That's what Research Councils are for :D I can't afford my proposed PhD either, hence why I need to apply real early in order to then be able to apply for AHRC (Arts and Humanities Research Council) funding.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another 5

1. I smoked for 7 years and quit cold turkey last year.

2. My favourite beer is Carlsberg

3. I have seen every WWE PPV since Wrestlemania 12

4. I am a secret wrestling fan

5. I once told my maths teacher to 'go f**k himself' during a telling off for forgetting my textbook. He was not impressed, 11 years later the look of shock on his face still makes me laugh. I'd like to say that i'm not proud of this moment, but i am. That man was a bully.

Another 5

1. I smoked for 7 years and quit cold turkey last year.

2. My favourite beer is Carlsberg

3. I have seen every WWE PPV since Wrestlemania 12

4. I am a secret wrestling fan

5. I once told my maths teacher to 'go f**k himself' during a telling off for forgetting my textbook. He was not impressed, 11 years later the look of shock on his face still makes me laugh. I'd like to say that i'm not proud of this moment, but i am. That man was a bully.

Congrats on quitting smoking!

Also, that comment about your teacher really made me laugh because I had an english teacher like that and wish someone had said something to her just to see the shock :)

5 more :D

1. I broke my left arm three times and right arm once :)

2. I have three water turtles now, but no kitty

3. I dream in colors, and I speak english in my dreams :D

4. I'm studying computer engineering, but what I really want to study is medicine. We'll see next year :)

5. I'm saving for a second trip through Europe with my friend. Munich, Berlin, Strasbourg, Paris, London and Dublin are the main cities for now :)

That is unlucky. How did you break them?

Well, it happened for 3 summers in a row and one winter.. I liked doing sports ( I still like:mrgreen:) but I had many accidents.. with my bike, rollerblades and one when I was sledding - it ended very painfully in an encounter with a tree :)

But that was approximately 10 years ago :D

• 2 weeks later...

1. The first movie I ever saw at the cinema was Miracle on 34th Street (the remake) and I can remember being scared because it went so dark :)

2. I cannot stand peanut butter, custard, eggs, rice pudding, turnip, mushy peas, doughnuts, Dr Pepper (bit of a mix :()

3. I am addicted to buying DVDs, both movies and tv series.

4. It has taken two years for me to grow my hair out (it's now halfway down my back) and I hate it and intend to have it shoulder length before Christmas :cheers:

5. I was once in a car waiting at the roundabout when Bobby Robson pulled up in the lane beside me. I waved and he smiled at me :merry::D Great moment in my life :blush:

5 facts about me today:

1. I just had ravioli for dinner and it was yummy!

2. My 30th birthday is less than a week away, which has me very depressed.

3. I haven't finished a book in months. :irked:

4. There are probably only two weeks out of the year when I'm happy with the weather. The rest of the time it's too cold, too hot, or too sunny.

5. I'm extremely lazy.

1. When I was in college I got a bad concussion while doing the laundry and had to be taken to the hospital.

2. One of my most embarressing moments was during a concert in high school. The choir I was singing in was on a hydrolic stage and half way up the stage stalled causing me (and a few other choir members) to fall off the back.

3. I didn't tell my parents about my tattoo for over a year.

4. I hate snow more than anything else in the whole world, yet I live in one of the snowiest states in the entire U.S. (for the record, it's snowing as I type this...:irked:)

5. My body has equal amounts of coffee and blood. I cannot and would never even attempt to function without it.

1. When auditioning for Romeo and Juliet, we were asked to put down 3 characters we'd like to play, in order of preference. I said Mercutio, Tybalt, Romeo as I'm quite good at fencing and wanted to show off my sword skills. I was told I'd have to put down a female part as they weren't casting women as men in the show. I said, "Oh, OK then, if I really must, I'll go for Juliet". I got the lead. And they cast a girl as Benvolio.

2. When I was at college, I was injured during rehearsals for Romeo and Juliet. I was dropped on my back on steps and was told the damage to my back meant I would never be able to do anything like dance theatre without months and months of physio. Less than 3 weeks later (and without physio!) I began a 2-week stint in a dance show!

3. Half way through the first performance of that dance show, I dislocated my left baby finger. I had to carry on performing that section with my finger dislocated, come off stage at the end of that piece, whack it back into place and continue with the show

4. I hate wapping gifts because my perfectionism gets on my own nerves as it takes forever to get each one just right.

5. I'm terrified of heights - I can't even stand on a chair without feeling a bit sick and dizzy - but I love flying and would really like to go up in a hot air balloon. This from the woman who cried all the way to the top of the London Eye and only calmed down and let go of the railing when we stopped back at the bottom!

Edited by Kell

Hmmm... 5 more about me:

1. My first 2 cars were orange (when I was 16). The first was a Fiat Strada and the second was Toyota Tercel. The Fiat didn't last long because every time I had my lights and the windshield wipers on at the same time the battery would die.

2. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 19.

3. My brother took me to the movies for the first time when I was 5; it was Star Wars and I was terrified.

4. Over a 6 week period I saw Phantom of the Opera 5 times, standing-room-only.

5. I buried a time-capsule in my back yard when I was 15 and have always wondered if anyone's discovered it.

Wow, that's a long time to wait, Lexie! I don't remember everything I put in unfortunately - I should've made a list! I do know I put in a newspaper from that day, a little stuffed horse and photos of me and my dog and cat :lol:. I wonder what the people who live there now would say if they saw me out digging in their yard?! LOL

I'm mostly stealing other people's facts here. :lol:

1. I don't have any piercings, not even my ears. While I have no aversion to tattoos, the thought of metal rather than ink remaining in my skin freaks me out.

2. I don't drive. I know how to, I just see no point in taking the lessons and €70 test when it will be years before I can afford a car anyway.

3. When I was 10, I was a Liliputian in a pantomime version of Gulliver's Travels. That was when I discovered acting and stage work mostly definately was not, and never would be, for me.

4. I come from a very small town, and once accidentally caused a bit of a hushed up scandal when I (a non-religious checkout girl) started dating my boss's (younger, Protestant) son. Apparently I was trying to get into the business. :D I was 17 for crying out loud! We ended it because of the pressure from everyone we worked with.

5. If I was told I could go into space, see Earth, go to the moon etc, but couldn't come back, I would go.

ETA: Forgot one.

6. My heartbeat freaks me out. I get palpitations when I'm nervous, and if I so much as think about my heart I become aware of it beating. The feeling makes me feel sick because as I feel it filling after a beat, in that split second I feel like it might have stopped, and the more I think about it the heavier and thicker the sensation becomes, like it's struggling to beat, to the point of physical discomfort.

Edited by Nollaig

Another 5

1. I have a seriously big fear of needles. I avoid injections and giving blood samples at all costs and when i do get them i usually have to be prescribed something to take beforehand. Good news is that i suppose i will never become a heroin addict :D

2. I lived with my granny for the first 6 years of my life as my mum and dad were very young when they had me.

3. I moved in with my granny again when i was 19 for what was to be the last 6 years of her life although i lived in her house for a year alone as she was in a nursing home suffering after several strokes and alzheimer's. Still a little spooky though.

4. My first visit to A&E was to have a jelly tot removed from my nose :D

5. My second visit was on my second day of primary 1 when i had to have 13 stitches put in my head after falling and splitting my forehead in the playground. I have a Y shaped scar on my head from that.

1.I haven't pierced my ears either (and I don't think I will ever do so).

2.I sometimes think that some people think I'm silly or something.

3.Then again, I sometimes discover a trust in my judgment that surprises me.

4.My spontaneity doesn't always help me.

5.Munich is a city I would probably be happy to live in.

1. I don't have my ears pierced either.

2. I have just grown my nails to the point where I can paint them properly and I'm obsessed with changing the colour every few days :D

3. I cannot yet drive but hoping to this next summer.

4. My dissertation for uni this year is investigatins reasons why men stay away from Early Primary School Teaching.

5. My favourite christmas decoration which I own is an advent calendar. It's a wood christmas tree, about 2ft tall which has a different decoraction from the first until the 24th december which you put on :D

1) When I was pregnant with my youngest I constantly had cravings for Bath Sponges. I would suck them and chew them all day long. I could not sleep if I did not have one in my mouth.

2) I hate New years eve and New years day. I get really down and depressed, even if I have no reason what so ever to feel down. I have been like this since I was a child and no one knows why.

3) I have a band silver ring on my wedding finger. Inside it is engraved. Forever our Mummy. Bought by my OH from the boys. It is never taken off.

4) I LOVE twiglets.

5) I love Cartoons. you will quite often catch me watching cartoons even when my kids are at school! :D