Five facts...

Michelle

I'm always significantly lacking in confidence to talk to people. I'm quiet at school, and I get the feeling most people don't like me.. I don't really care though. I love this place; it's somewhere I can just interact with others and I'm sure that I would get on ok with some of you in real life.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always significantly lacking in confidence to talk to people. I'm quiet at school, and I get the feeling most people don't like me..

I get the feeling most people don't like me either, but I'm quite eccentric, so I don't generally make an effort to get people to like me by acting normal.

I'm the same, too, I have a lot of friends but I rarely talk in class unless I'm with my best BEST friends because I'm so shy. I don't bother with trying to be something I'm not, though, and my friends appreciate it. However, when I'm with my closest friends I'm OK and confident.

But hey, online and by text I'm really chatty:D

I wouldn't say I am shy, but I like who I like, and I know with whom I am most at

ease. I also just don't care whether 'new' people like me, I feel like I have

just hit a point where a strangers opinion of me doesn't matter much. I am a good person,

with a sense of humour, a regard for others and the opinion that connecting with others

is great, but not at the price of losing myself.

The great thing about an online forum such as BCF is that we all have this thing in common,

(ie books and reading), and from there we can converse on other things, and build

relationships. Already there are certain posters posts that I look forward to reading,

whether I am actually in 'convo' with them or not.

from there we can converse on other things, and build

relationships. Already there are certain posters posts that I look forward to reading,

I agree entirely! I can think of 7 or 8 people whose posts I always read on here.. and then theres a little group of Twilight girls (me, Lexie, Bethany, BookBee and others) always keeping that thread moving, as well as a couple I talk to on an almost daily basis.

I'm always significantly lacking in confidence to talk to people. I'm quiet at school, and I get the feeling most people don't like me.. I don't really care though. I love this place; it's somewhere I can just interact with others and I'm sure that I would get on ok with some of you in real life.

See, this is just one reason this board is so great... It can be such an outlet for anyone! There's so much going on in it, and so many active posters... and with so many topics covered, it's so simple to find things here that interest you and before you know it.. you're talking with someone else that shares an interest in the same thing you do. Friends instantly .. or at least more instant than irl usually :)

See, this is just one reason this board is so great... It can be such an outlet for anyone! There's so much going on in it, and so many active posters... and with so many topics covered, it's so simple to find things here that interest you and before you know it.. you're talking with someone else that shares an interest in the same thing you do. Friends instantly .. or at least more instant than irl usually :)

Agreed. :)

Through being bullied for reading and being quiet. I do not mix with anyone but my best friend, who I hardly ever see and my GF.

But on here I have made some nice friends and I know many others on here that.

1. Do not bully me

2. Have the same interest.

3. Empathise with my plight.

4. One BF member even bought me two books as a house warming present.:)

Edited by Colin Jacobs

The great thing about an online forum such as BCF is that we all have this thing in common,

(ie books and reading), and from there we can converse on other things, and build

I'm exactly the same. :boogie:

I agree entirely! I can think of 7 or 8 people whose posts I always read on here.. and then theres a little group of Twilight girls (me, Lexie, Bethany, BookBee and others) always keeping that thread moving, as well as a couple I talk to on an almost daily basis.

I absolutely agree! :)

See, this is just one reason this board is so great... It can be such an outlet for anyone! There's so much going on in it, and so many active posters... and with so many topics covered, it's so simple to find things here that interest you and before you know it.. you're talking with someone else that shares an interest in the same thing you do. Friends instantly .. or at least more instant than irl usually :woohoo:

Couldn't have put it better myself! :)

Let's see here...

1. I'm an only child

2. I didn't read a whole book (nor truly enjoyed reading) 'til I was 13 and came across Rumble Fish by S. E. Hilton

3. My favorite movie is Braveheart

4. I like to eat apples, but I don't like applesauce or apple pie

5. I don't believe in love at first sight

I have enjoyed reading this thread so thought it only fair I say five about me.

My dog has very powerful smelling wind this morning

I am an insomniac

I am a reluctant atheist

The only footwear I own is work boots, walking boots, wellie boots & trainers.

1. I have more than 30 pairs of trainers (there was more but I had a clear out).

2. I have worked for the NHS since I was 19 years old, in different departments through the years but most addictions and mental health.

3. My favourite book growing up was 'When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit' by Judith Kerr

4. My favourite classic film is 'The Night of The Hunter' and I read the book of the same title last year and the film is very true to the book

5. I have the dirtiest laugh ever!;)

I'm going to to 'themed' five facts about me. ;)

Todays theme: MEN IN MUSIC. (As inspired by Nici's NKOTB photo thread.)

These are all opinions I strongly hold.

1. Johnny Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls is the sexiest man on earth.

2. Slash was recently knocked off that position, which he had maintained for a whopping 8.5 years. Then he got too old. Sorry Slash.

3. My guilty pleasures include Danny Jones from McFly (I so would) and Rhydian.

4. Any guy who can sing or play guitar is hot while doing so - including my best friend, which doesn't impress his girlfriend very much.

5. I know Mika is probably gay, but he's hot anyway. I know this makes me weird; deal with it.

I agree with this :)

My favourite Man of Music is Jason Orange from Take That :D;)

Sorry :D I'm a Robbie fan I'm afraid, but only after he left Take That. I couldn't stand him in the band but once he went out on his own and cultivated the bad boy image he had me! ;) Went to see him in Dublin too, absolutely fantastic!!

Sorry ;) I'm a Robbie fan I'm afraid, but only after he left Take That. I couldn't stand him in the band but once he went out on his own and cultivated the bad boy image he had me! :D Went to see him in Dublin too, absolutely fantastic!!

My mum was a massive Robbie fan when he left the group too :D I much prefer Take That without Robbie but like a lot of his solo songs. Jason Orange is still the one for me ;)

oh god i had a disturbing dream that mika was my mums boyfriend and i had an affair with him and then woke up and thought woah isnt he gay why the hell did i dream that.... ;)

Hes never actually said he was gay, he says it's nobody's business. But if he's not, then hes verrrrry camp.

I love him though, hes adoreable and he's actualy really good looking. Just imagine him with a bit of stubble, a guitar and a deep husky voice. Doesn't that just make him to die for? Having said that, I love his voice as it is.

Hes never actually said he was gay, he says it's nobody's business. But if he's not, then hes verrrrry camp.

I love him though, hes adoreable and he's actualy really good looking. Just imagine him with a bit of stubble, a guitar and a deep husky voice. Doesn't that just make him to die for? Having said that, I love his voice as it is.

oh yeah definitely, stubble makes men so much better in my opinion, im lucky that my bf likes hair and has grew a mini beard ;) love it!

A deeper voice would make him seem less camp :D