What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how you feel!! My son is a Harry Potter fan and talks all things potter and I find it frustrating I don't have a clue what a Grifindor is (I know now... finally :D) Anyway, so I have had more of a urge to read them and I will at some point.

As for me I have finished Living Dead in Dallas, and I am now reading Dexter in the dark and I am 70 pages in. I am liking it so far.

I have found though my last few books have not gripped me. I am not sure if that is because I have been ill and I have lost my Mojo or that I have not liked the books as much as I thought I would :D

I am nuts about Harry Potter. The first few books are a little childish but they really pick up around book three :D

You should read them and then you will know who Gryffindor is, who Hufflepuff is and Slyverin and Ravenclaw :)

I am nuts about Harry Potter. The first few books are a little childish but they really pick up around book three :D

I'd agree with this statement. You'll race through the first two, but book three gets darker and you will start to 'get' the fuss! :D

The Book of Lost Things by Sheridan Hay arrived in the post from BookMooch today; it's in shameful condition so (once again) I'm not a happy BookJumper. Is it so difficult and time-consuming to write a single line about condition, so that only people who aren't fussed about it will request the thing :D:motz::D?!

:D I hope you lost mojo folk get it back soon!

I read just a few pages last night since I was so consumed with the baseball game, but am now officially halfway through The Bone Garden. Loving it! :D

My reading and my writing mjo have gone walkies. On top of drilling workmen, loud housemates and hammering neighbours, life is once again not too good and that means concentration & inspiration are officially zilch. Haven't read or written a line in days - bleh.

Oh dear! Have you ever tried taking part in National Novel Writing Month (or Nanowrimo for short)? You don't have time to loose your mojo then! I managed to complete it last year (mainly because I was stuck at home with a broken leg), I don't think I've ever written anything that long in my life before, or since!

As far as my reading, I'm still reading The Wind-up Bird Chronicle, have just over 100 pages left so should finish soon.

I am now about half way through The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. I feel that she 'lost it' a little with The Boleyn Inheritance and The Other Queen but is really back on top form with this book :D I am absolutely loving it :D

Since I just finished Lynda La Plante's Deadly Intent I have just bought some more from my local 2nd hand book shop.

1. Cold Shoulder.

2. Trial and Retribution 2.

3. Clean Cut.

4. The Red Dahlia

another impulse buy "Booted and Suited" a social history of the 1970's by Chris Brown.

This book is mainly about football hooligan gangs and "Cropheads" and "Greasers."

Finally a first edition Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix.

A great afternoon out indeed.

Since I just finished Lynda La Plante's Deadly Intent I have just bought some more from my local 2nd hand book shop.

1. Cold Shoulder.

2. Trial and Retribution 2.

3. Clean Cut.

4. The Red Dahlia

another impulse buy "Booted and Suited" a social history of the 1970's by Chris Brown.

This book is mainly about football hooligan gangs and "Cropheads" and "Greasers."

Finally a first edition Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix.

A great afternoon out indeed.

Oh wow!!! I have wanted to read booted and suited for a while now. Please let me know if it is good!!

CW

I hope everyone who is struggling with their mojo finds it again soon. :D

I'm making reasonable progress with I, Robot but at the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to finish it by Friday.

The Book of Lost Things by Sheridan Hay arrived in the post from BookMooch today;

I thought that was by John Connolly?

I bought Join Me by Danny Wallace today. I wanted Yes Man but they only had a copy with Jim Carey's mug on the front and I don't want that version!

My husband ordered me from amazon for our wedding anniversary~

Frostbitten: A New Hunt Begins... and an Ancient Secret is Revealed by Kelley Armstrong

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

I am halfway through The Elephant Vanishes by Haruki Murakami

:D

William Corlett: The Steps Up the Chimney (a long-lost book from my childhood)

At the end of last year, my friend from Kent came down with some stuff for my daughter from one of her friends. At the bottom of the bag were a few books - including a couple from this series. I put them on the bookcase and forgot about them until you mentioned this - I should dig it out sometime and try it!

It was made into a TV series here it seems (it has one of those tie-in covers with the actors on the front) but I didn't see it.

Cool, Janet! I really can't even remember what the books are about, so I don't have very high expectations for how good they'll be, but I'm looking forward to them anyway. I had them at the back of my mind for such a long time and I was so frustrated that I couldn't remember enough about them. I thought I'd never see them again! I also have the third book in the series on its way to me. :D

I thought that was by John Connolly?

I bought Join Me by Danny Wallace today. I wanted Yes Man but they only had a copy with Jim Carey's mug on the front and I don't want that version!

Correct The Book of Lost Things is John Connolly. Sheridan Hay's book is called The Secret of Lost Things.

Edited by pickwick