What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

Finished City Of Thieves by David Banioff at 7a.m this morn:roll: and it's in the top 5 books I've read this year. Started The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue this afternoon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished City Of Thieves by David Banioff at 7a.m this morn:roll: and it's in the top 5 books I've read this year.

City of Thieves has been one of my best reads of 2009 too. :)

I haven't read anything today - I'm too tired. I hope to read a good chunk of Orwell tomorrow though. :lol:

Up to chapter 12 (page 157) of The Bone Garden so far, and can't put it down! If not for baseball distracting me on the TV I'd probably be a lot farther :lol:.

So glad you're enjoying this peacefield, I hoped you would :)

I've only read a few pages today, hope it picks up.

I finished Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier on Saturday and really really enjoyed it. I am going to start Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris tomorrow. Can't wait :)

Ooooh enjoy Muggle :lol:

I finished Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier on Saturday and really really enjoyed it. I am going to start Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris tomorrow. Can't wait :lol:

Hope you enjoy Dead until Dark, let me know what you think.

CW

Wow, my first post :17:

Just started reading Interview with the Vampire, tried reading it when I was 15 but never got through it, enjoying it so far though.

Yay :lol:, congrats and welcome! I first read Interview at about 15 (possibly a bit younger) but then, I was always a bit vamp-mad :)! Hope you enjoy it, I personally think it's brilliant (although I am of the considered opinion that the first sequel, The Vampire Lestat, is even better).

I've just received Sorcery and Cecilia, or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer in the post today from a lovely BookMoocher :D and cancelled four pending requests on the same site after a week of silence; how long does it take to click a button that says "no, I will not send this book to you?" :)?

ohno! I tried reading Dead Until Dark this morning but... I gave up because I didn't like the way that it was written :lol:

I have started reading The White Queen by Philippa Gregory instead and I got The Lost Book of Salem out of the library. The library told me that they didn't have a copy and there it was when I went in!!!!

I'm ten chapters into Rebecca Stott's Ghostwalk, now and I'm very impressed. It's a very interesting read, especially since I know very little about alchemy and this book has triggered my interest. :lol:

I'm up to chapter 16 (page 205) now in The Bone Garden. I read quite a bit yesterday and just a few pages today since I got home late and now all my attention is on the NFL game on TV...:lol:. I'm loving it though, and am so glad to read more of Oliver Wendell Holmes. It reminds me of reading the Dante Club :). All this early 1800's Boston/Cambridge is SO lovely!

Oh, and glad you are liking Ghostwalk, Scarlette! It was quite an interesting read and I'm so glad I read it :).