What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just about to start on The Turkish Gambit by Boris Akunin, the second in the Fandorin series (which arrived yesterday). I don't normally go into the second book of a series quite so quickly but I was sooooo dismayed at the ending of the first book I JUST had to know what happened next:smile2:

I have a very strange desire to read the Harry Potter series, lately. I suppose the hype was bound to catch up with in time. :D I'll look into this strange inclination on my next visit to the bookstore.

Well Im halfway through The Book of Tomorrow - Cecilia Ahern and Im really enjoying it....the storyline is a serious one with a bit of what I would call tongue in cheek humour thrown into it :D

I'm 2/3 through 'The Defense' by Nabokov and enjoying it - finish today.

oh oh oh oh - that is on my wishlist....so far you would recommend it then?

I have just started Kelly Armstrong - Bitten. Up to page 59 and I like it :D

I realised last night that I've only got 10 days until my next book group meeting and I haven't read either of the two chosen books, and I've also got an ARC copy of a new book that we've been asked to give reviews on by the end of the month, preferably at the next meeting if we've read it in time! This means I've had to put The Moonstone to one side for now (although I'm a bit disappointed there weren't more readers of it in the reading circle as I might have found extra minutes here and there to read it more quickly).

So, I started The Steep Approach to Garbadale by Iain Banks last night, and I've read about 100 pages so far and I like it a lot, although having heard him interviewed a lot on radio and television, I find myself hearing it in my head in his Scottish accent!

I started reading Say You're One Of Them- the new Oprah selection- and Stories by TC Boyle.....then through Amazon I got The Princess Bride by William Goldman

I have a very strange desire to read the Harry Potter series, lately. I suppose the hype was bound to catch up with in time. :D I'll look into this strange inclination on my next visit to the bookstore.

I know how you feel!! My son is a Harry Potter fan and talks all things potter and I find it frustrating I don't have a clue what a Grifindor is (I know now... finally :D) Anyway, so I have had more of a urge to read them and I will at some point.

As for me I have finished Living Dead in Dallas, and I am now reading Dexter in the dark and I am 70 pages in. I am liking it so far.

I have found though my last few books have not gripped me. I am not sure if that is because I have been ill and I have lost my Mojo or that I have not liked the books as much as I thought I would :D

I have found though my last few books have not gripped me. I am not sure if that is because I have been ill and I have lost my Mojo or that I have not liked the books as much as I thought I would :D

Aw that's a shame :D To be fair too, Dexter In The Dark isn't the best one of the series, might be best to wait til your mojo back a bit :)

I still haven't read anything in a few days :D

My reading and my writing mjo have gone walkies. On top of drilling workmen, loud housemates and hammering neighbours, life is once again not too good and that means concentration & inspiration are officially zilch. Haven't read or written a line in days - bleh.

I finally ordered one of my childhood favourites on Amazon, the one the lovely people here at BCF helped me track down - A Legacy Of Ghosts by Colin Dann. I had a fiver left on my voucher and a 'very good' hardback copy just squeezed into my price range.

I'm really looking forward to reading it again - also the hardback product info had no image, I wonder will it be the hardback I remember? And how much of the story will come back to me as I read it?

I hope it's just as you remember it, Nollaig!

And I know just how you feel. I currently have two books on their way to me from a children's series I read when I was much younger. I couldn't remember the name of the series or even much of what it was about, but by blind chance I stumbled across the second one in the series at a book fair and recognised the cover. I was so excited. :exc:I can't wait to re-read the books when I get them. :D

I'm finally making a bit of progress with I, Robot, and to help my reading mojo along a little, I've picked up My French 'lady of the night' by Gene Wilder (yes, the actor).

Aw that's a shame :D To be fair too, Dexter In The Dark isn't the best one of the series, might be best to wait til your mojo back a bit :)

I still haven't read anything in a few days :D

Dexter in the Dark is going Ok at the moment and I am plodding along with it. I am going to read for an hour this morning and hopefully I will get fully into it.

If you read my reading Log I wrote a review about Living in Dallas, I don't know whether my review was bias due to my mojo? :D