What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

Guest velocipede2288

Just finished "The Anatomy of Crime." by Joseph F. Dinneen. This book is a honey,a reconstruction of the Brinks robbery in America which netted $2,500,000. Not to be mistaken with the Matt Brinks robbery in england.

progress.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a book in the post - Colin Dann's 'A Legacy Of Ghosts'. I spent YEARS trying to track this childhood favourite down, and in the end it was on this forum I got my answer. With that, I still never saw the cover I remembered, but I did remember it was a hardback book, so when I ordered it on Amazon I took a chance on the pictureless hardback.

It just arrived today and the second I saw it it all came flooding back, Old Mackie's House, Mr. Bone.... it's the exact cover I remembered and ahhh how I loved this book. I'm so happy to own a copy :eek2:

Seems to be a first edition too, that's nice. And makes sense, since I read the 'new' copy in the library, and this is the same. So it's nearly 20 years old! I'm probably quite lucky to have found it.

Edited by Nollaig

Nollaig, what a find, well done :eek2:

'Frostbitten' (the 11th book in 'The Women of the Otherworld', well technically 10th if you don't count 'Men of the Otherworld' by Kelley Armstrong has arrived!, I can't wait to start it! ;)

I am going to be reading the Lost Book of salem soon, so look forward to reading your review.

Going to twatch the XtraFactor. I still can't believe I am liking the show as much as I am. I am then going to get some reading done.

I have only read the first chapter but I am loving it already. You know that feeling when you just know a book is going to be brilliant ;)

I forgot to say before that I got Homecoming by Bernhard Schlink at the Oxfam shop on Saturday. Has been on my reading list for a while :eek2:

I have only read the first chapter but I am loving it already. You know that feeling when you just know a book is going to be brilliant ;)

I forgot to say before that I got Homecoming by Bernhard Schlink at the Oxfam shop on Saturday. Has been on my reading list for a while :eek2:

Oh that is good to hear.

Well I finally finished Dexter in the Dark, and in the end was pretty good. I will write a review later.

I have decided to carry on with the Crime genre and start The Hundredth man by Jack Kerley.

The mojo is slowly coming back so lets hope!

the second I saw it it all came flooding back, Old Mackie's House, Mr. Bone.... it's the exact cover I remembered and ahhh how I loved this book. I'm so happy to own a copy. Seems to be a first edition too, that's nice.
Awww, it's awesome you've been reunited with such an important bit of your childhood ;)!

Today I've received Pemberley by Emma Tennant from the lovely Kell :eek2: complete of lovely card I'm going to use as a bookmark, have mooched Biblioholism: The Literary Addiction by Tom Raabe, and intend to continue my slow but sure progress into Terry's Unseen Academicals.

The books I've bought yesterday at HitchCon (Eoin Colfer's Hitchhiker's sequel And Another Thing and updated and revised edition of Neil Gaiman's Don't Panic: Douglas Adams and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) also beckon, though I should be strong and wait until the leather Hitchhiker's arrives from the States, so I can read the sequel in the light of a re-read the first five books.

Noll, you know darn well that's one of my favorites! :eek2: I'm so glad you got it!! You need to read it ASAP, okay?!

I stayed up late last night to finish The Bone Garden, and am paying for it now. Coffee will fix me soon enough! I'll post my thoughts tonight ;).

I swear I didn't know it was one of your favourites Peacefield! I forget these things! I'll read it when I'm done with *puts on Transylvanian accent* Drawk-u-la!

You two (PF & BJ) should go look at my newest post in the 'Has Anyone Read' thread. Srsly. I wrote it before I saw this thread.

I swear I didn't know it was one of your favourites Peacefield! I forget these things! I'll read it when I'm done with *puts on Transylvanian accent* Drawk-u-la!

Yay, I'm so excited for you to read it!! Oh, and even more excited that you happen to be in that charity shop and pick it up, not even knowing at the time that it comes highly recommended! :eek2: How cool is that?!

Yay, I'm so excited for you to read it!! Oh, and even more excited that you happen to be in that charity shop and pick it up, not even knowing at the time that it comes highly recommended! :eek2: How cool is that?!

Pretty cover said Dante.

I'm weak and shallow. ;)

:censored:

Just finished re-reading A Legacy Of Ghosts (twas only 150 pages) - things are rarely as good as you remember but I can easily see why I loved it so much as a kid, and I love it just as much now for that memory.

Now I have to read 110 pages or so of Dracula tonight. :eek2: