What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carol O'Connell's 'Bone by Bone' arrived today, along with 'Syren' the latest in the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage. :D

Oh I can't wait wait to hear what you thought of Bone by Bone. I have not read any of her books for a while, if itis a good review I might go back into reading some of her books again I have a couple on my TBR pile.

As for me I am loving The Hundredth Man. I love Carson, very good character. I love the story line, if not sometimes a little confused by some of the language. Only 200 pages to go. I love it so much I am ready to move on to the next one- The Death Collectors, instead of reading the Lost Book of Salem.

Read a little of 'Things I want my Daughters to know' hope to finish it soon.

Registered 'The Butterfly Lion' by Michael Morpurgo on Bookcrossing'

Oh I can't wait wait to hear what you thought of Bone by Bone. I have not read any of her books for a while, if itis a good review I might go back into reading some of her books again I have a couple on my TBR pile.

Read them, read them, read them, read them, read them, read them! She has got to be one of my favourite authors. Which ones do you have?

I've been listening to Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett and have been to the library. I got out Rumour Has It by Jill Mansell and Engleby by Sebastian Faulks

Read them, read them, read them, read them, read them, read them! She has got to be one of my favourite authors. Which ones do you have?

I have a special 1st edition hologram hardback of Mallorie's Oracle, I also have paperback versions of Crime school and The Jury must die.

Went to a couple of charityshops today and got me these:

- Mark Billingham: Sleepyhead

- Henning Mankell: Sidetracked (It's about time I read one of the Wallander novels, I've only ever seen the movies which are fab by the way)

- Steven Naifeh & Gregory White Smith: A Stranger in the Family (true crime novel)

I was also really tempted to buy Mika Waltari's The Egyptian but I didn't want to pay 8e for it :D I didn't see any copies of Volter Kilpi's Alastalon salissa either which I've been wanting to buy for ages.

I finally finished 'Sunshine' by Robin McKinley, I enjoyed it but I was starting to waver a bit at the end :D I just started 'Frostbitten' by Kelley Armstrong

:D

I just finished The Confessions Of Max Tivoli, great book and def recommended to fans of The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button. Up next is Frostbitten :) Hope you enjoy it too Paula, I'm looking forward to comparing notes!

Read 3 more chapters of 1984 in geometry class (it's becoming a habit :D)

Isn't that was geometry class is for? :D

Still racing through Hundredth Man and it gets better and better. Read 100 pages today and I don't know how.I have been so busy I have managed to only slip in ten minutes here anten minutes there. I think it is so good it is going to keep me awake and I may well finish it tonight. Which is good as I have been notified that a reservation has come in at my library for me.

No book activity for the past 2 days because of a migraine :D

Even when the headache's gone they leave me so tired I can't concentrate on a book (so I've come on here instead!)

:D

I rarely get headaches let alone migraines but when I was il last week and the weekbefore I had such severe headaches/migraines. I had to go into a dark room, once it past the last thing I wanted to do was read, so I kind of know how you feel, hope they have gone for a long while.

Still plugging away at Sarum. I wish I had more to spend reading it without interruptions!

I read this a while ago, he does write long books, they`re good though. :D

I'm doing a re read of Mr Jeffrey Deaver's 'The Bone Collector'. It's a reading mojo maintainence ploy, just to keep things ticing over. It's been a while since I read this one, so I cannot remember much - yippee! :)

Enjoy! :D

Just deposited 3 books on our OBCZ Bookcrossing shelf at Belmont Cinema cafe/bar at our meetup.

'Animal Instincts' by Alan Titchmarsh

'Coast to Coast' by Jan Minshull

'Judas Unchained' by Peter F. Hamilton

I've spent the evening reading through part of History of Middle-earth, getting completely lost in C.Tolkien's emendments of the poetry. Somebody make it all make sense! Word to the wise, if you're going to read these, be very very brave about it. It's harder than ones first ever glance at Chaucer...

:D (<---this is me rereading, look, I'm not even making enough sense of it to turn to next page :D)

I've read just over a hundred pages of The Undead so far tonight, and plan to read about another 40, bringing me up to the halfway point. Should actually finish it by Saturday, much sooner than I expected.

I went out and bought some more penguin classis to my collection they look like this

manual_9780141192468.jpg

manual_9780141192444.jpg

if you type exclusive penguin classics into the waterstones site most of the others avaliable come up. I can't wait to finish the collection.

They are lovely editions!

I'm hoping to finish Feet of Clay today