What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

I've only managed to read about 25 pages of Bitten today, but I'm loving it! It's very interesting so far, and is a change to read from this point of view instead of strictly 'human' if you know what I mean :D.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and I'm loving Half-Blood Prince too :lol: These ones feel more grown up.

Yes, they get much better towards the end. I think JK forgot she was writing children's books :lol:

Half Blood Prince is my favourite of the series :D I hope you enjoy it.

I had a bit of a book haul today and bought:

*The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory

*Dracula - Bram Stoker

*The Accidental Time Traveller - Sharon Griffiths

*Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice

*Class - Jane Beaton.

They were only

I read about 40 pages of the Lost Book of Salem last night, and I am getting into it. It seems like it could be good. I have been a little worried so far as I have been able to put it down easily.

But this week is going to be a huuuge reading fest as I have found out that I am going to the states to see my other half! :irked: depends on tickets. If I can get a cheapish flight for tomorrow I am catching the coach at midnight, if not, then I am going to go the following day. I am so very excited! I have not seen him since July.

So Flying = :D Precious reading time!

Yes, they get much better towards the end. I think JK forgot she was writing children's books :lol:

Half Blood Prince is my favourite of the series :D I hope you enjoy it.

The Other Boleyn girl is brilliant. My favourite in Philippa Gregory's Tudor series.

Dracula is really good too and so is Queen of the Damned. Definite bargain :irked:

I tried The Pact but I couldn't get into it :s the characters really annoyed me and after the big event I couldn't get into it so I just... gave up :s I didn't like how the book was jumping all over the place so rapidly.

Thanks for the comments :lol: I'm really looking forward to reading Dracula and The Other Boleyn Girl - I have been wanting them for ages! I also agree with you about the Pact. I felt that was a bit all over the place and gave up too. It's been a while since I read it though so I might give it another go :motz:

Catwoman, so nice to hear you're soon going to see your OH :irked: Yep there's lots of reading time on the plane, that is if you're able to read what with all the excitement or seen your hubby :D Pack wisely!!

I started reading Mark Billingham's Sleepyhead last night. Billingham's name seems to be everywhere nowadays so I just had to check out what the fuzz is about. I've read only about 50 pages but so far so good!

Catwoman, so nice to hear you're soon going to see your OH :lol: Yep there's lots of reading time on the plane, that is if you're able to read what with all the excitement or seen your hubby :D Pack wisely!!

I started reading Mark Billingham's Sleepyhead last night. Billingham's name seems to be everywhere nowadays so I just had to check out what the fuzz is about. I've read only about 50 pages but so far so good!

I am trying to pack wisely but it is so hard to choose. decisions, descisions! :irked:

It takes me longer to pick out my books then it does to pick out my clothes!

The Heretic's Daughter arrived in the post today and normally, I would have been ready to start it straight away but ..... I happened to be near the library on Saturday and with 10 mins to spare I went it and decided to take out King Solomon's Mines - which is brilliant! So Heretic's Daughter will have to wait a day or so.

I am trying to pack wisely but it is so hard to choose. decisions, descisions! :irked:

It takes me longer to pick out my books then it does to pick out my clothes!

I know, it's awful! :D And I totally agree with you that picking out clothes is easy, picking out books is really hard and takes so much time! I usually change my mind about three times before I'm somewhat satisfied with my choices :lol:

Forgot to mention in my previous post that I reserved the next 2 Grant County books by Karin Slaughter. I hope they don't take too much time to arrive :lol:

I read about 40 pages of the Lost Book of Salem last night, and I am getting into it. It seems like it could be good. I have been a little worried so far as I have been able to put it down easily.

But this week is going to be a huuuge reading fest as I have found out that I am going to the states to see my other half! :lol: depends on tickets. If I can get a cheapish flight for tomorrow I am catching the coach at midnight, if not, then I am going to go the following day. I am so very excited! I have not seen him since July.

So Flying = :D Precious reading time!

You haven't seen your other half since July :lol: wow! that is an awful long time. :irked:

Have a fantastic rest of the week :motz:

The Heretic's Daughter arrived in the post today and normally, I would have been ready to start it straight away but ..... I happened to be near the library on Saturday and with 10 mins to spare I went it and decided to take out King Solomon's Mines - which is brilliant! So Heretic's Daughter will have to wait a day or so.

Oooh, I have King Solomon's Mines somewhere - I'll have to move it up the 'to read' pile! :D

I know, it's awful! :lol: And I totally agree with you that picking out clothes is easy, picking out books is really hard and takes so much time! I usually change my mind about three times before I'm somewhat satisfied with my choices

Forgot to mention in my previous post that I reserved the next 2 Grant County books by Karin Slaughter. I hope they don't take too much time to arrive :motz:

I have picked my books out and I am ready to go. I went up the library to take some books back and all the ones I reserved were waiting for me. So i pocked up the fourth in the Dexter Series, Book five in the sookie series. I stillhave three and four to read while I am away and I also FINALLY got New Moon. So I have books in my suitcase and in my holdall for the flight. I should be sorted.

I won't tell you guys how many books I am taking it will be rather embarrassing. :irked:

Whooo hoooo, I hope you love them as much as I did Frankie!

You haven't seen your other half since July wow! that is an awful long time. :D

Have a fantastic rest of the week :motz:

I know it is a long time, but we are kind of getting used to it now. :lol: not to much longer until we are back together everyday.. One hopes!

And thank you, I hope I do too. Having a night out on the friday which I can't wait for!

Finished Alice Hoffman's Blue Diary and started Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Enjoy Dead until Dark, it is a very quick and light read.

Wow, that's so exciting for you Catwoman! How long will you be away for? And please tell us how many books you'll be taking! You're in good company here. :D

I'm still making steady progress with The Glass Bead Game and hope to finish it in the next couple of days.

I got The Shockwave Rider by John Brunner in the mail yesterday, and today my partner will be picking up a book parcel for me - the box set of the Anne of Green Gables books (8 in all). :irked:

*sigh* No time to read today, either.. Just too busy right now! :irked: Hopefully I"ll have some free time soon and can catch back up.

Catwoman -- Super excited you're getting to come to the States to see your OH! Good for you! Glad you're all stocked up on books and ready to read on the plane, too.. sounds fun :D