Terry Pratchett

Michelle

I wanted to watch the Pratchett programme but was busy at the time, so didn't have chance. It's sad that he has it though.

It's on iPlayer for anyone who missed it.

For anyone interested in news about Terry Pratchett and his books, you might want to sign up to the Discworld Monthly Newsletter.

I've been getting it for years, it's very good!

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on iPlayer for anyone who missed it.

For anyone interested in news about Terry Pratchett and his books, you might want to sign up to the Discworld Monthly Newsletter.

I've been getting it for years, it's very good!

Thanks, I might watch that tomorrow because I'm off school. (Teacher training day.)

I haven't read any of the DiscWorld novels yet, but I'm getting around to it. :D

It was an interesting programme, though upsetting.

Although I am a great fan of Terry's Discworld books, I know hardly anything about the man himself. What struck me was that he seemed to be a person who cares very much about his fans. He was very generous to be writing such a lot in the front of his books at book signings (until he was forced, due to his illness, to start just signing them).

I found the book reading bit at the convention quite upsetting; I really felt for him. :D

I guess his friend Bernard who made the mould of his head was "Bernard the Cunning Artificer" who makes the Discworld models?

It was an interesting programme, though upsetting.

Although I am a great fan of Terry's Discworld books, I know hardly anything about the man himself. What struck me was that he seemed to be a person who cares very much about his fans. He was very generous to be writing such a lot in the front of his books at book signings (until he was forced, due to his illness, to start just signing them).

I found the book reading bit at the convention quite upsetting; I really felt for him. :lol:

I guess his friend Bernard who made the mould of his head was "Bernard the Cunning Artificer" who makes the Discworld models?

I felt the same as you, it made me so sad and I really hope he continues to be alright (at least doesn't get any worse) and writes many more books, and he seems such a lovely man as well!

Was a bit teary watching this I have to say (my dad having Vascular Dementia) but it was very interesting, and hopeful that they can find something to slow down this horrible disease. Hoping Terry gets his book finished too.

I really want to read some pratchett, i havent known where to really begin before, loads people keep telling me to read them, think ill start with death trilogy too, sounds funny!

Me too, i think i did try and start at the beginning with either 'The Light Fantastic' or 'The Colour of Magic' but i'm pretty sure i got confused :) I have read 'Mort' and another one i can't remember, it's a pretty surreal experience.

I hope you like them Ben!

I have just finished Wyrd Sisters:

wyrd-sisters.jpg

Synopsis:

Witches are not by nature gregarious, and they certainly don't have leaders.

Granny Weatherwax was the most highly-regarded of the leaders they didn't have.

But even she found that meddling in royal politics was a lot more difficult than certain playwrights would have you believe...

Wyrd Sisters is the sixth novel in the Discworld sequence - the funniest fantasy series ever.

Another Discworld book that I really enjoyed. Pratchett is such a clever, engaging and funny writer. He is fast becoming my favourite author. This story sees the return of Granny Weatherwax as she works to restore the rightful king to the throne, using the eccentricities of a duke, a ghost and a traveling theatre company, and of course, the other two Wyrd Sisters, who were hilarious. I enjoyed the Macbeth references - including blood on the hands, very funny.

This book features Death and his usual humourous antics, including tap dancing, and Granny Weatherwax, a blunt and hilarious woman. I liked the Fool as well, great character.

I really enjoyed this book. My favourite is still Mort but this book was not a let down. I was gripped from the beginning, laughed a lot, and again was transported to the Discworld through Pratchett's very descriptive and clever writing. I highly recommend this book, and the whole series.

8/10