The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

I think the heroin line is in the book but I think Bella says it rather than Edward. I'm sure she asks him if she is his heroin but I could be wrong.

I have the 2 disc version and the extras are pretty good. I agree about the commentary being great :D

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Edward tells Bella about the

Blood Singer thing, how he thirsts for her blood more than anyone else's

,and his comparison is something to do with a heroin addict. I think I remember him saying "You're exactly my brand of heroin" or something.

It's been such a while since I've read the books!

Just checked out the exact quote we've been discussing (page 234/5 in my copy):

"So what you're saying is, I'm your brand of heroin?" I teased, trying to lighten the mood.

He smiled swiftly, seeming to appreciate my effort. "Yes, you are exactly my brand of heroin."

Just checked out the exact quote we've been discussing (page 234/5 in my copy):

"So what you're saying is, I'm your brand of heroin?" I teased, trying to lighten the mood.

He smiled swiftly, seeming to appreciate my effort. "Yes, you are exactly my brand of heroin."

Thanks for the clarification, Chesilbeach! That was bothering me, and I lent my copy to a friend so I don't have one at home to look in :tong:. Of course now I'm in the mood for it when it's not there for me to read :D.

You guys that saw the trailer for NM, do you remember the snippet of a scene where they showed Bella and Edward talking at his house before the party? I can't remember the dialogue, but did that scene even happen in the book?

You guys that saw the trailer for NM, do you remember the snippet of a scene where they showed Bella and Edward talking at his house before the party? I can't remember the dialogue, but did that scene even happen in the book?

I was wondering that too peacefield. I don't remember it at all but just put it down to bad memory :tong: Did anyone see the trailer for NM on the MTV movie awards? All those Jacob haters are probably going to find him slightly more tolerable :D

I went to start to research these Twilight book things today by starting to read the first one, unfortunately Kookie has nabbed it and started reading it last night! :D Oh well.... guess they can wait eh? :tong: They couldn't be that good?

I went to start to research these Twilight book things today by starting to read the first one, unfortunately Kookie has nabbed it and started reading it last night! :D Oh well.... guess they can wait eh? :lol: They couldn't be that good?

*sigh* There's that research word again.

What a silly, SILLY question, Charm!!! :tong: Can you take turns reading it??

*sigh* There's that research word again.

What a silly, SILLY question, Charm!!! :D Can you take turns reading it??

:tong: Oh Peacefield! You would have me sharing the book with my 13 yr old daughter? You really do need help! :lol::D

I think that scene happens after he drops her off again after the party because I'm sure they argue over her not wanting presents or even acknowledging its her birthday which is why she asks to kiss him.

I think that scene happens after he drops her off again after the party because I'm sure they argue over her not wanting presents or even acknowledging its her birthday which is why she asks to kiss him.

Stephanie is right :tong: that happened after the party (and the unpleasantness):D

I was wondering that too peacefield. I don't remember it at all but just put it down to bad memory :tong: Did anyone see the trailer for NM on the MTV movie awards? All those Jacob haters are probably going to find him slightly more tolerable :D

In case anyone missed the NM trailer, you can see it on Stephenie Meyer's website on the June 1, 2009 entry.

Well I know the scene by the truck with the kiss is after the party, but what about when they show him talking to her in the Cullen living room and he says something to the effect of -

"You're my only reason to stay, alive, if that's what I am."

Was that in the book? And is it before the throwdown with Jasper or just after?

The wolfy effects are second to none, in fairness. Hate the short hair though :tong:

Really? I think he looks way better with his hair cut short

I went to start to research these Twilight book things today by starting to read the first one, unfortunately Kookie has nabbed it and started reading it last night! :D Oh well.... guess they can wait eh? :D They couldn't be that good?

So we'll be added both you and Kookie to our ranks, brilliant! :lol:

Well I know the scene by the truck with the kiss is after the party, but what about when they show him talking to her in the Cullen living room and he says something to the effect of -

I don't remember it, but it has been a while since I last read it

Yes, I think he looks WAAAYYYYYY WAYY WAYY WAYY better with his hair short. With the long hair, he looked like a druggie :S I was actually looking forward to watching that meadow scene, with all the werewolves/"bears" running after Laurent. But it doesn't look like it's gonna be on the movie. :S

I've just finished re-reading Twilight. I couldn't help myself after watching the film, and then I was sure it was just going to be Twilight before I went back to my TBR pile. But, oh no, they have to put the first few pages of New Moon at the back of the book, don't they, so now, I've started New Moon as well. I can see I'm going to have to do the whole series before I can get back to normal!

I think they've done a pretty good adaptation in the film, but I do prefer the book. Some of my favourite scenes had to be missed out or were condensed with others to make it flow better on film, and I did relish being able to read them in full again.

Oh, and minor thing, but the Cullen's house didn't live up to my expectations either! Even though it was a beautiful modern house, it didn't actually feel impressive and imposing enough.

I think 'You're my only reason to stay, alive, if that's what I am' can either be before the throwdown, just general chatting or after the throwdown, when Bella and Carlise have the discussion about vampires souls :)

I have finished NM again today. I remember really enjoying it the first time I read it, but after that, I'd always been too anxious to get to Edward that I'd skim read the Bella/Jacob section which I felt was too long, so this time I decided to read it fully again, and I actually enjoyed it much more that I thought I would. Knowing how the saga ends, I did sort of see how she was trying to lay down the threads and markers for

Jacob imprinting on Renesmee

, and it sets up the Edward v Jacob rivalry in Eclipse nicely.

I haven't started Eclipse yet, as I have to get in my quota of non-Twilight book for the day, but no doubt, when I go up to bed and see it looking down at me from the shelf, pleading me to pick it up, I'll have to indulge.