The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of them were a little annoying for mine but Jacob was definately worse. He really needed to give it up and refused to. So I guess if I was to be selected for a team it would be Eddie's.

Okay, I hate Jacob.

And I'd like to see who actually likes him.

So which team are you on!?

Team Edward!?

Team Jacob!?

:razz::tong::tong::friends0:

I MUCH preferred Jacob - I found Edward's constant declarations of undying love for Bella (and hers in return) incredibly sickening. Jacob was far cheekier and down to earth and I preferred that.

P.S. In case you're wondering what happened, Imerged the Jacob/Edward thread with the existing Twilight Saga thread.

Is that a good 'Oh dear God.' or a bad 'Oh dear God' MissWhitlock :friends0:

Ummm. Kind of both. Like, Oh dear God, Edward looks so ugly (sorry guys) and Oh dear God, I cannot wait! And Oh dear God they're gonna ruin it, aren't they.

With which team I'm on... For Bella, I would prefer Edward for her. But for me, I prefer Jacob.

Seriously, I wouldn't want making love to this cold boulder thing that sparkles when bits of sunshine come through the window. I would much prefer a warm person who may or may not explode when he got too emotional.

Looks aside Miss Whitlock - do you not like Edward more as a person (well, vamp, but you know what I mean!)

Seriously, I wouldn't want making love to this cold boulder thing that sparkles when bits of sunshine come through the window. I would much prefer a warm person who may or may not explode when he got too emotional.

:friends0: Despite your valid point above, it is still Edward for me! :razz:

I never minded that much in my dreams :friends0:

hmmm, I half agree! He didn't want to do it because he didn't want to hurt her. However, it was a tad annoying in BD when

they did it, he didn't kill her, but then he didn't want to do it again. Although she had bruises, things could have been a lot worse!

Yes, he is very over protective, but seeing as there is usually someone trying to kill her (!) I can probably understand that. Now Jacob, he was very annoying, 99.999999% of the time....!

I agree about Jacob - he really irritates me. I liked him in the first book, when he was a bit naiive and kind of cute. Then he just started annoying me. Although I do like the scenes in Eclipse when they're in the tent. :friends0:

Erm, Edward's personality can be annoying at times. Like, his over protectiveness towards Bella, his not wanting to make love to Bella was kinda getting REALLY old. I don't know, he just annoys me. He needs to loosen up abit, no?

Aw no I thought that was kinda sweet tbh. It was nice to see a male protrayed with some "old fashioned" values - I mean he is old but he could have quite easily adapted with the time.

CAMP EDWARD! I don't like the character of Jacob at all. He bothers me a lot.

I am unabashedly on Team Edward and I will not deny it! However, if he was benched for some reason or if I could pick a b-squad, I would also be on Team Jasper :friends0:.

No Jacob for me, and to steal a quote from another board, I would gladly La Push him off a cliff :razz:.

No Jacob for me, and to steal a quote from another board, I would gladly La Push him off a cliff :friends0:.

:razz: I love that!

My back-up team would be Emmett - I love him, particularly in the books. He was under-used in the movie. He was particularly great in Midnight Sun when you could see and hear from him more.

Yes he was a little controlling

I would be a jealous control freak if my boyfriend secretly fancied one of his mates = Bella and Jacob

, but she has herself to blame, if only she wasn't so clumsy :friends0: haha! I like the way how

Edward didn't want to have sex with her and wanted to wait, finally guys are shown in a good light with plenty of respect. He obviously cares about her so he was only doing what he thought was best.

As for Jacob - can you imagine the heat in the bedroom?! :razz:

Aw no I thought that was kinda sweet tbh. It was nice to see a male protrayed with some "old fashioned" values - I mean he is old but he could have quite easily adapted with the time.

Agreed. One of my favourite things about Edward is that he's so protective and respectful of Bella - delightfully old-fashioned. :friends0:

I just found this and found it a fascinating read. Quite persuasive, although I'm not completely convinced - what do you all think? Does Twilight preach Mormonism? To be honest, until I read that, I didn't think so at all, and actually, although interesting points, I'm still not convinced

Now, that is interesting. I'm not convinced, either, though... This article reminds me of another I read about Edward and Bella's "unhealthy" relationship. Apparently Bella is too obsessed, dependent on Edward. But then, aren't all teenage girls somewhat like that with their first boyfriends? I don't know, because my first boyfriend only came after my hormonal teenage years - thank heaven!

But I digress... I think people need to realize that teenagers are in fact entirely capable of telling fantasy from reality. Twilight is pure fantasy. I doubt any teenagers are going to turn to Mormonism after reading that novel. Neither will they start looking for a beautiful pale boy to have an obsessive relationship with.

Edited by Scarlette

Am I the only one who doesn't like Edward, then? :razz: I feel so left out!

Nah. Jacob could get annoying too. Especially his persistence in the third book. Gosh that was annoying. Did he REALLY have to

kiss her?

I'm in Team Jasper though, he's so wonderful.

My back-up team would be Emmett - I love him, particularly in the books. He was under-used in the movie.

dude, everyone was under-used in the movie. Apart from Edward and Bella of course :friends0: But yes, I would've liked to see more of the Cullens.

Supposing someone who didn't manage to finish the book can vote, I'd be team cheeky Jacob with an interest in discovering more about Jasper "looks like he's in pain" Cullen, who sadly barely speaks in the movie...

Talking of which - I watched the movie because I couldn't finish the book but had read enough to be frustrated at not knowing the ending; however the movie explained nought and now I'm left thinking wha?!, more confused than ever (... oh dear. I nearly wrote "Edward" instead of "ever").

Could someone please spoil me as to what the basis for the love story actually is? i.e. why is Edward immediately aware of Bella's significance to his existence? Thanks you in advance for any elucidation you might give me.

Edward is fascinated by Bella because she A) doesn't react like most people to him and :smile2: because he can't read her mind. These things make her 'unique' and 'fascinating'. In Bella's case, she just thinks Eddy is hot, weird, and later - talented. That's basically all there is to it, I never thought there was much of a basis.

Edward is fascinated by Bella because she A) doesn't react like most people to him and :D because he can't read her mind. These things make her 'unique' and 'fascinating'. In Bella's case, she just thinks Eddy is hot, weird, and later - talented. That's basically all there is to it, I never thought there was much of a basis.

Plus, Bella smells better to Edward than any other human has. As he is effectively a hunter, the scent of prey is one of the ways to track and find his next kill, making Bella the most tempting prey he has ever encountered and he is intoxicated by her.

I bought the DVD today, and having not seen it at the cinema, I've just finished my first view of the film. A pretty good adaptation (considering the source material :tong:), but I didn't fall in love with it like I did the book at first reading. But, I thought the inclusion of Stephenie Meyer was very clunkily done and really jarred in an otherwise pretty good film.

Plus, Bella smells better to Edward than any other human has. As he is effectively a hunter, the scent of prey is one of the ways to track and find his next kill, making Bella the most tempting prey he has ever encountered and he is intoxicated by her.

I bought the DVD today, and having not seen it at the cinema, I've just finished my first view of the film. A pretty good adaptation (considering the source material :tong:), but I didn't fall in love with it like I did the book at first reading. But, I thought the inclusion of Stephenie Meyer was very clunkily done and really jarred in an otherwise pretty good film.

Yeah, I seem to remember the lovely line about heroin, LOL. Was that in the book or only the screenplay?

Glad you finally got to see the film, Chesilbeach! I'll sound like a broken record and again say that if you get a chance, watch it now with the commentary on. It's hilarious, but interesting at the same time to hear about how they made the movie and how they worked different parts of the book into the film. I wonder if SM is going to make an appearance in all 4? Is she trying to pull a Hitchcock or something? :D

Yeah, I seem to remember the lovely line about heroin, LOL. Was that in the book or only the screenplay?

Glad you finally got to see the film, Chesilbeach! I'll sound like a broken record and again say that if you get a chance, watch it now with the commentary on. It's hilarious, but interesting at the same time to hear about how they made the movie and how they worked different parts of the book into the film. I wonder if SM is going to make an appearance in all 4? Is she trying to pull a Hitchcock or something? :D

I'm not sure about the heroin line being in the book, but I have to admit, when I went to bed last night, the book was staring at me from the shelf, and I just couldn't resist starting to read it again, so I'll find out soon. I don't normally read in bed, but last night, I just couldn't resist!

I did buy the two disc version, so I will be listening to commentary and watching all the extras over the next few evenings, I expect. I love commentaries, so there isn't any need to convince me that I need to listen to it!