The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I started and finished it in one day. I can understand why people are a bit are a bit critical of the last book but I still quite enjoyed it. I don't like that it was split into three parts. I know that the middle bit had to be told from a different perspective but I just didn't like it. I also found it too rushed at the end - it had a very big anti-climax. I really loved

when Bella was first made into a vampire - the immediate reaction of the others

but it all just fizzled away. I also thought that the other Cullens and her friends etc were very ignored, particularly in the first half of the book. OK Rant over - the book wasn't that bad, I would read it again.

I also found it too rushed at the end - it had a very big anti-climax. I really loved

when Bella was first made into a vampire - the immediate reaction of the others

but it all just fizzled away.

Ditto to all you said, Stephanie, especially the above! Rushed, anti-climactic and fizzled are all perfect words to describe this book! ;)

Myself, I would read the first three many times over, and BD just the good bits, lol.

I just found this and found it a fascinating read. Quite persuasive, although I'm not completely convinced - what do you all think? Does Twilight preach Mormonism? To be honest, until I read that, I didn't think so at all, and actually, although interesting points, I'm still not convinced

I just found this and found it a fascinating read. Quite persuasive, although I'm not completely convinced - what do you all think? Does Twilight preach Mormonism? To be honest, until I read that, I didn't think so at all, and actually, although interesting points, I'm still not convinced

I printed out that blog post, Kate, and will have a look at it tonight. I don't know much about Mormonism, so it will be interesting to hear the argument.

Wiggy, which book did you get off eBay, the first in the series? Have fun with it!! :welcome:

Not sure about that last bit you said but...we all have different tastes, ay?

No it's just that I don't like Jacob so I didn't like the middle part of the book ! When I said last part I didn't mean the end and the big fake climax (I just didn't want to ruin it for anyone who hadn't read it ) I totally agree with what most say about the Bella not being hersefl anymore but still enjoyed everything But the Jacob part lol!!!!:welcome:

I actually really like the poster :006: Much prefer it to the awful Bella/Edward one that was released for Twilight

I like it too Lexie, I always felt like all you could see was up Bella's nose in the 'Twilight' poster :smile2:, yeah its weird that I notice stuff like that :welcome:

I think Bella looks more worldly wise in the picture, hope that makes sense, she grows up in 'New Moon', I love the colours :welcome:

Bella looks sooooooo much better in this poster. She looks a lot older but a bit too sexy for Bella if you know what I mean.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Rob :welcome:.

I agree with everything you said here :006::smile2:

I much prefer Jacob with short hair - he looks pretty good here too.

I don't like the first poster either.