The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

I LOVE the saga! I have read the first 3 books and got the last one as a holiday book from my mom! I especially love New Moon. Much people don't like that book and think it's boring, but I actually like it! I don't know why, I just like it!

The movie is... nice. But I think they got the wrong person as Bella. She's so quiet and almost sad!

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE the saga! I have read the first 3 books and got the last one as a holiday book from my mom! I especially love New Moon. Much people don't like that book and think it's boring, but I actually like it! I don't know why, I just like it!

The movie is... nice. But I think they got the wrong person as Bella. She's so quiet and almost sad!

It's always nice to welcome another Twilight fan to the forum :)

I am interested to see that New Moon is your favourite, it is third on my list (Twilight, Eclipse, New Moon & Breaking Dawn). Initially I didn't like Kristen as Bella as although she looked the part, I didn't like the way that she delivered her lines. Although now, the more and more I watch, the more I like her.

I've never read these books are they good?

The books are very very very good. But I think all of us are going to say that (maybe not all all). I found them wonderful to hide away with. I even took a few days off so I could read Breaking Dawn in one go.

I don't think that the Twilight saga is all that different from other teen angst books, it just so happens that she's stuck it into a vampire mythology. The story isn't anything new and the writing isn't great, but they're a nice bit of escapism that will entertain for a while. However, to be honest, I found them rather forgettable and already I couldn't tell you what things happened in each of the four books - and I only read them this year!

Kookie has nearly finished Twilight, I'm really surprised how quick she's read it! She even took it away with her this weekend when we went visiting friends for the night and sat and read it on the sofa! :) Good job they are our best friends and understand. ;)

She also got the DVD today. She's already watched it 3 times ... nuff said. :blush:

My wife absolutely LOVED this series, but I on the other hand found it a struggle to get through by the end. My favourite book of the bunch was 'New Moon' because I felt it was more emotionally driven than the others, maybe even a little darker. It was an entertaining series but crucial parts of it fell flat in my opinion, especially the action because there was so much build up to it, yet it always turned out to be a quick flurry. I feel Meyer spent far too much time on describing how beautiful Edward is and that for me became a drag. It

I like it - a large portion of the book book is primarily concerned with Jacob but Edward is still there in the background so I think that symbolises it well. To me, Jacob and Bella look too close, physically too wrapped up together. I know she gets very close to him but it just looks a bit odd to me.

I have the other copy of the book and won't be buying it again just for the cover so it doesn't really matter to me :blush:

Thanks for posting that, Lexie! I'm a little undecided about the new cover, but I'm leaning towards dislike for a few reasons. I agree that they look too close, and I can't really decipher Bella's facial expression either. A blog I read compared it to a Harlequin romance book cover, lol. I also like the idea of a faded Edward in the background, but it looks too air-brushy to me to me and a bit of an amateur Photoshop job. Am I being too critical?! :blush:

I bought the first one (Twilight - movie version) for my brother's girlfriends housewarming. I had been raving about the book and since I have an english version she wouldn't borrow it from me, so I bought her a nice dutch version so she could read it

I don't like the new cover, but then I don't really like movie tie-in covers for books anyway. Apart from that, Bella looks too good - she's supposed to be an emotional wreck during this book, she doesn't look pale enough and why is she wearing that top in Forks!!!! Jacob might be able to get away with less clothes, but not Bella, even snuggled up to him :blush: Plus, is that even Edward looking over them? I can't even tell if it is RPatz.

I haven't actually seen any movie covers, but I like original covers anyway. In some cases, if a movie cover was really good, I might buy it to have both ;)

But I like the original Twilight covers. My biggest problem with the first couple is that apparently Stephanie had very little say in their design, so they basically have no meaning, which I don't really like. But I guess at least they're pretty.

Kookie has now finished Twilight and went straight on to New Moon. Its 10pm on a Saturday night and where is she? In her room, no TV on, in bed, reading! ;) At least the books are good for something :006:

Hey now, Charm, you can't say that until you've thoroughly conducted your 'research!' Speaking of, now that she's done with the first book, isn't it your turn to pick it up? :lol:

I suppose :D I'll read it after I've finished my Kelley Armstrong books, have you read her stuff? I think you'd like them :)

I suppose :D I'll read it after I've finished my Kelley Armstrong books, have you read her stuff? I think you'd like them :)

I haven't yet, but I've got them on the top of my TBR list rest assured :lol:.

Glad you are liking it so far, Kenny!