What really bugs you?

Chimera

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spending a weekend trying to catch up on sleep and then having a sleepless Sunday night so that I'm tired for the beginning of the work week, and knowing that I won't be able to catch up on that lost sleep during the week.

I'm really tired of having something in my hand one second and then being utterly unable to find it the next!

Yep happens to me all the time that & going upstairs for something & then not being able to remember what it was when you get there :lol:

I hate it how the cold climate that is Finland really dries up my skin during the winter. I'd forgotten about it :irked:

I also hate wet socks. No matter where I am.

Oh, I hate dry skin! I have it year-round. And I'm too lazy to use lotion. Yuck.

Wet socks are terrible. What bugs me even more is when the bottoms of my pants get wet, especially if I'm wearing jeans. It feels so gross!

Oh, I hate dry skin! I have it year-round. And I'm too lazy to use lotion. Yuck.

Wet socks are terrible. What bugs me even more is when the bottoms of my pants get wet, especially if I'm wearing jeans. It feels so gross!

And it's not always even about being lazy. Even if you use lotion, it feels totally yucky to put clothes on and if you've put lotion on your hands, it'll just wash off everytime you go to the bathroom and wash your hands. It's just one of those problems that never goes away. :friends0:

I hate getting the bottoms of my jeans wet, too. It's just sooooo annoying. It's easier if I'm going home, I'll just take off my jeans as soon as I get in and put my jeans to dry in the bathroom. It's worse if I'm going to a friend's and need to take my shoes off (that's what we do in Finland when we go inside) and then just have to put up with my wet jeans getting my socks wet and everything wet.

I hate when the windscreen is frozen in the morning, and you have to pour warm water over it to be able to see! so you have to dash outside in the cold and then back inside, being cold when your tired isn't fun.

• 7 months later...

The fact that an item which ships internally within the states for $4 (and only costs $20 to purchase in the first place), costs $20 to ship to Ireland! I've bought and sold WORLDWIDE on Ebay, and the difference in cost is minimal on such small items. It's sickening having to pay TWICE the cost of a small item just because of shipping. Damn you Disney Store.

• 2 weeks later...

Moths that fly into your face when you don't want them to. I love moths but I don't like that one bit.

I hate when tv show and news talk all the time about movie star and their problems and who is their boyfrined and like that. This does not seem like big problem to me. They are very rich and think they are holy people but many people without food and sick or dying and this is real problem but not so much on news as movie stars.

People who walk along a crowded street in front of you then suddenly, without warning STOP

yes that - and those who walk in groups that you can't get past and when you try and overtake them they spread out - its like they can see you and their mission in life is to stop you getting somewhere.

Great thread whish I could agree to about 90% of the posts already on here.

•  
  • other peoples music (especially the thumping sort)

• people who talk on their mobiles quietly for me its more irritating than those who talk loudly as I can generally ignore the loud talkers but am desperate to know what they need to be so secretive about if they are whispering into their phones

• school kids talking loudly on the bus when I am trying to read especially when they don’t sit next to each other and have to shout across the bus

• people who just don’t listen – I work with someone who is in another room to me and she will come in and just start talking (even if there is a conversation already going) always about herself and then will ask me a question and then walk back out of the room before I have had chance to answer

• people who when asked “how are you?” always respond negatively. Another person I work with does this she has a weekly rotation of answers week one “no I have got a cold” week two “no I didn’t sleep well” week three “no I have got a cold” and so on – she even does it on the phone when clients call.

• People doing call back when they have no idea who it was that called them (I don’t mind so much at home but at work I get people phoning up and going “you called me” and it could have been any number of people who did call and no-one ever seems to be that person)

I am beginning to think I should just say people in general given the above

•  
  • The smell of coffee

• Computers that require you to turn them off and on again when you are trying to do something in a hurry

• Phones that stop ringing just as you get to them

Some of that could have come directly from my heart, Easy Reader!

I can also add a few things there.

People standing in groups on the smallest possible part of a way and pretend not to notice no-one can pass by.

People calling business and then telling you the story of their lives.

People NOT returning calls, when you know they should have received three messages from you.

People who tell everybody at work, what they made wrong and pretend never to make a mistake themselves.

"Rubberneckers" who stop traffic in order to see an accident (being a former cop I've seen it happen too many times)

Parents who don't reign their brats in while out in public. You know the kind, they look at you like you have no right to peace when you go to a fancy restaurant and their "little darlings" are being right terrors.

Having the back of my seat kicked while on a flight.

People who ignore your greeting when they enter your business and yet expect you to drop what your doing when they come to the register while still ignoring you and STILL talking on the cell phone.

People who are mean to the elderly