What really bugs you?

Chimera

People that assume negative things about other people without getting the chance to know them.

I read this this morning & funnily enough it's been on my mind all day. I took this as meaning people who judge other people before they've really got to know them. I guess it struck a chord with me because as a stay at home with 6 children people often assume that what you've got to say has no worth. One of the first things people ask you in social situations is what do you do for a living, when they find out your not in paid employment all of a sudden you can see them looking over the top of your head for a means of escape so yes i would agree very much with what you say ;)

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, here!

My big bug? People who attempt to use guilt as a means of getting you to do what they want. ;) All it makes me do is resist more than I might have!

Heh. I do the same thing in such situations.

I read this this morning & funnily enough it's been on my mind all day. I took this as meaning people who judge other people before they've really got to know them. I guess it struck a chord with me because as a stay at home with 6 children people often assume that what you've got to say has no worth. One of the first things people ask you in social situations is what do you do for a living, when they find out your not in paid employment all of a sudden you can see them looking over the top of your head for a means of escape so yes i would agree very much with what you say :D

Are you kidding me? Being a mother of six must be very challenging and is a life-time learning experience. It wouldn't make me assume that you didn't have anything worthwhile to say.

Here, here!

My big bug? People who attempt to use guilt as a means of getting you to do what they want. ;) All it makes me do is resist more than I might have!

Have you met my mother???

She's turned it into an artform.:D

One of the first things people ask you in social situations is what do you do for a living, when they find out your not in paid employment all of a sudden you can see them looking over the top of your head for a means of escape so yes i would agree very much with what you say :D

They are showing their own ignorance then. ;)

Just think if you or your spouse had to actually pay [cash] someone to do all the things you take for granted doing every day, 24/7/365...mind boggling.

You have the most important job in the world, raising the next generation. Phooey on those types that attempt to denigrate that!

Are you kidding me? Being a mother of six must be very challenging and is a life-time learning experience. It wouldn't make me assume that you didn't have anything worthwhile to say.

thank you :D

They are showing their own ignorance then. :D

Just think if you or your spouse had to actually pay [cash] someone to do all the things you take for granted doing every day, 24/7/365...mind boggling.

You have the most important job in the world, raising the next generation. Phooey on those types that attempt to denigrate that!

Thanks, don't think anyone would do my job,no pay & rubbish hours but i do get time off to come on here which is a bonus :)

my boyfriend and his dad can talk about anything and everything all day long... I mean its more they talk about nothing at all for hours.. its ok I mean they are like best friends - a real good father son relationship but o my goodness it bugs me so bad when they just talk about NOTHING.. and get loud about it. Nobody can get a word in edgewise. Even if I try to talk.. I just get interrupted by his dad... Humm

• 2 weeks later...

People who make a big dramatic hoo-ha about exiting stage left and then sneak back on stage to see what's going on without them.

Also, not being able to find a NICE house with spacious bedrooms owned by someone who actually understands my bro's €1600 monthy paycheck is BIGGER than the €900 monthly rent (which I also pay half of ANYWAY), and that therefore YES we can pay the rent, so let us your house please.

People who make a big dramatic hoo-ha about exiting stage left and then sneak back on stage to see what's going on without them.

That bugs me, too.

Also, feeling an itch somewhere, but I can't find it or scratch it. :lol:

Cleaning up the whole kitchen from top to bottom so that it sparkles only to come home and find that my roommate had cut a sandwich on my clean counter top and didn't wipe the crumbs off or put the knife in the sink. :lol:

When sitting on the (rightfully mine, as I have a manky ankle and a strap to prove it) disabled seat on a chocker-full bus, having to relinquish the place because no one else will let the old lady who just got on sit down. Furthermore, not even getting a thanks from said lady :lol: t's not like I can stand comfortably or at all, I have to keep my right leg right up like a flamingo and risk flying at every brake of the bus, so acknowledgment would be nice.

Oh I hate that Giulia. I've (fortunately) never needed seats allocated for disabled etc. people, but I've seen young people on crutches and things sitting in them (due to ample floor space) and being stared at pointedly by perfectly healthy people on the rest of the bus when a perfectly healthy old person gets on board. Old does not = disabled and young does not = healthy/fully=abled necessarily.

Thanks Noll, 'tis appreciated :lol: I remember when I broke my left foot years ago and had a knee-length cast, people still left me standing on public transport...! Maddening. A few weeks ago I was doing my flamingo stance on the underground, and this one bloke sitting in front of me made a point of staring at my bandaged ankle for nine stops. At least have the decency to pretend you haven't seen me! Oh well. When they operate the right ankle and splint me, I'll be beating the healthy people up with my crutches until they learn some manners *bwhahahahahaha*.

When sitting on the (rightfully mine, as I have a manky ankle and a strap to prove it) disabled seat on a chocker-full bus, having to relinquish the place because no one else will let the old lady who just got on sit down. Furthermore, not even getting a thanks from said lady :lol: t's not like I can stand comfortably or at all, I have to keep my right leg right up like a flamingo and risk flying at every brake of the bus, so acknowledgment would be nice.

Wow, this is so rude. If it had been me, I probably would have looked the old lady in the eye, and very politely said "You're welcome" with a twinkle in my eye. She probably would have taken the hint and learned from the experience. Nothing like a healthy dose of guilt to wake someone up. :roll:

On the other hand, she may have learned nothing, but it still doesn't reflect badly on you. Some people never learn.

Oh I hate that Giulia. I've (fortunately) never needed seats allocated for disabled etc. people, but I've seen young people on crutches and things sitting in them (due to ample floor space) and being stared at pointedly by perfectly healthy people on the rest of the bus when a perfectly healthy old person gets on board. Old does not = disabled and young does not = healthy/fully=abled necessarily.

That is such a good point to make. My gran gets really angry regarding people sitting in disabled seats or parking in disabled spaces if they don't "look" disabled, when perhaps it's not a visible disability.

Bookjumper: That woman was just plain rude, and there is no excuse for rudeness!

• 3 weeks later...

I hate taking showers. As nice as the shower is, afterward, I always sweat like crazy (which makes me want to take another shower right away) and it takes me forever to cool down. And no, I don't take very hot showers. It happens even when I take a lukewarm one. Also, my skin always huts after a shower.

I hate taking showers. As nice as the shower is, afterward, I always sweat like crazy (which makes me want to take another shower right away) and it takes me forever to cool down. And no, I don't take very hot showers. It happens even when I take a lukewarm one. Also, my skin always huts after a shower.

I am EXACTLY the same, except for the hurty skin part. I always set the water temp to a bit cooler than me when I get in, so it feels cold, and after a while it feels normal because I'm cold. When I get out, I have to take my time getting dried and dressed or I start sweating like mad. I hate it.

Echo & Nollaig: I discussed this with a friend a while ago, mostly because it's been so freakishly hot here in Finland. The trick is not to take a cold shower, but a warm/hot one, because that makes your pores (?) open up or something and after the shower you'll feel cooler than usual for a period of time. I tried it and it did help a bit.  

On the subject of showers, I love having a shower after going to the gym because I'm obviously all sweaty and gross. I usually have to wash my hair a couple of times but by a couple of hours later my hair starts looking particularly oily again. It's so annoying. It's like my scalp is still producing more oil from the workout or something and the shower isn't enough to make it stop. So I either have to bypass the shower and feel a bit gross for a while or wash my hair several times in one day to keep it looking respectable. So frustrating! irked.gif

Echo & Nollaig: I discussed this with a friend a while ago, mostly because it's been so freakishly hot here in Finland. The trick is not to take a cold shower, but a warm/hot one, because that makes your pores (?) open up or something and after the shower you'll feel cooler than usual for a period of time. I tried it and it did help a bit.  

That is what I do, frankie, and I live in Florida. It's very hot and humid here.

I take a fairly hot shower and once I step out the air feels cool on my skin. For a little while, anyway.

That is what I do, frankie, and I live in Florida. It's very hot and humid here.

I take a fairly hot shower and once I step out the air feels cool on my skin. For a little while, anyway.

Yay, more proof of it working :)  About the hot shower though, it will dry the skin more than a cold shower would, I think, and of course the longer the shower the more dry your skin will get.

My friend goes to sauna even when it's saunalike temperatures outside, he claims that after the sauna he feels a lot cooler for a period of time.  

Edit: Kylie, that's a really sticky situation about your hair  :irked: I think I would stick it out if I were you, because I think the more you wash your hair the more easily and faster it will get greasy again. 

Edited by frankie

Kylie, I have the same problem with oily hair and this works best for me:

Wash hair with shampoo for frequent use (DON'T USE a 2 in 1 shampoo / conditioner)

Condition ends of hair only - don't apply it near the roots as this weighs the hair down and makes it look greasier

Rinse as normal to remove all the conditioner, then switch to cold water and do a final rinse of your hair, as the heat encourages oil.

After years of annoying oily hair, this allows me to wash my hair every other day. I've also reduced use of appliances such as hair dryers and straighteners, and if I use hair dryer, use it on heat to dry, then change to cold setting for icy final blast same as using a final cold water rinse.

Don't know if you've tried these things, or if it will work for you, but it's the way I've learned to manage mine best. Also, different shampoos can make a difference, and changing shampoo regularly helps (every six months or so I've found).

Thanks Frankie. I stuck it out this afternoon and then had a shower. Hopefully I won't need to wash it again until Tuesday morning.

Kylie, I have the same problem with oily hair and this works best for me:

Wash hair with shampoo for frequent use (DON'T USE a 2 in 1 shampoo / conditioner)

Condition ends of hair only - don't apply it near the roots as this weighs the hair down and makes it look greasier

Rinse as normal to remove all the conditioner, then switch to cold water and do a final rinse of your hair, as the heat encourages oil.

After years of annoying oily hair, this allows me to wash my hair every other day. I've also reduced use of appliances such as hair dryers and straighteners, and if I use hair dryer, use it on heat to dry, then change to cold setting for icy final blast same as using a final cold water rinse.

Don't know if you've tried these things, or if it will work for you, but it's the way I've learned to manage mine best. Also, different shampoos can make a difference, and changing shampoo regularly helps (every six months or so I've found).

Thanks for the tips Chesil! I've heard that tip about the cold water before but I don't usually do it. I will try that and see if it helps. That's an interesting idea about changing shampoos too!