What really bugs you?

Chimera

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh me too Mexicola, that really annoys me, especially when they talk while sitting or shout to someone to tell them where they are sitting:lol:

That drives me nuts, too. Last time I was at the cinema, two women a couple of rows behind me were still having a loud conversation 5 minutes into the film. I could feel my blood pressure reaching dangerous levels with totally out-of-proportion rage! :tong:

Strangely, they ignored my half turning round and tutting a couple times :D (and several other people doing the same), so I finally got up and moved to the other side of the cinema. At the end of the film, I was carefully not looking over to where these noisy and inconsiderate people were sitting, but one of them called over to me and I discovered it was a woman I work with...

I know its sad but I don't even like people coming in once lights have gone down cos I feel that the trailers are part of the whole cinema experience.

I hate the trailers part and the adverts .. I feel like they've taken me hostage. I can't go anywhere, yet I have to watch 15 mins of trailers for films I would never willingly sit my bum on a cinema seat for. I think, over all the years, I've only seen two trailers that excited me ... but I am a bit of a picky watcher so it's probably just me. It's the equivalent of going to see someone in concert and them showing you videos of other singers that you wouldn't want to see if your life depended.

I remember seeing the trailer for 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' .. :tong:

Ouch, that doesn't sound too good Steve :tong: on the other hand, consider your luck: your feet have arches; mine have to be hammered into having arches (with in-soles, but they feel like hammers)!

The thoughtlessness of Londonites never ceases to bug me. I was stopped by a woman in tears today, a heavily pregnant woman in tears who having just fought with her boyfriend had been left stranded in the neighbourhood with no change to get home.

Now, I'm not a rich person by any means but if with

It's the equivalent of going to see someone in concert and them showing you videos of other singers that you wouldn't want to see if your life depended.

I remember seeing the trailer for 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' .. :D

Isn't that a bit like the support acts though?

:lol: you do see some trailers for some awful looking films! I saw one for a new Jennifer Lopez film the other night and me and OH were constantly pulling these faces at one another throughout it ;):tong: But similarly, you may discover a film you fancy seeing but wouldn't have otherwise known about..

More annoying cinema behaviour - texting. The girl in front of me was constantly texting and the light from her phone was glaring and very distracting :lol:

It's exactly like support groups .. I've seen some shockers in my time. One band were basing themselves on Oasis .. and the lead singer had a khaki zip-up kind of straitjacket on ... he was sweating so much it was pouring out of his sleeve .. I was unlucky enough to be near the front for that one, we all got hosed down.

Potholes

You need a 4x4 just to drive the high street here, there are some potholes that could swallow up my little Panda

Yep I'm in Oxfordshire too and it's a nightmare .. the snow really messed up the roads bigtime.

At the book fair I've been to, they set the books up sideway, and all facing one way so you should walk a certain way along the table (ie, forwards, not backwards) in order to read the titles more easily. It staggers me the number of people who walk the wrong way. They walk backwards along the table and don't always even look behind them so you have to jump out of their way quickly (not easy or convenient when you have a trolley and they're carrying one or two books).

So many times I felt like saying 'why don't you walk the right :tong: way?' It causes so much trouble, and they're too stupid to see how much easier life would be for themselves and everyone else if they would just walk the correct way. /rant

At the book fair I've been to, they set the books up sideway, and all facing one way so you should walk a certain way along the table (ie, forwards, not backwards) in order to read the titles more easily. It staggers me the number of people who walk the wrong way. They walk backwards along the table and don't always even look behind them so you have to jump out of their way quickly (not easy or convenient when you have a trolley and they're carrying one or two books).

So many times I felt like saying 'why don't you walk the right :tong: way?' It causes so much trouble, and they're too stupid to see how much easier life would be for themselves and everyone else if they would just walk the correct way. /rant

How did the book fair go Kylie? Did you get many books on your list. You may have mentioned this on another thread but I did not notice so sorry if I am getting you to repeat yourself.:lol:

I know exactly what you mean, Kylie! Every couple of months the big library by me has a used book sale put on by the elderly volunteers. It's in a huge room full of tables and all the books are stacked with the titles facing up, all facing the same way. So many people I encounter either go the wrong way round the table or lean in over you and it's so annoying. It's not a place for people who appreciate their personal space! :tong: For some reason I'm amazed at how many people leave their manners at home that particular morning...

Ouch, that doesn't sound too good Steve :D on the other hand, consider your luck: your feet have arches; mine have to be hammered into having arches (with in-soles, but they feel like hammers)!

The thoughtlessness of Londonites never ceases to bug me. I was stopped by a woman in tears today, a heavily pregnant woman in tears who having just fought with her boyfriend had been left stranded in the neighbourhood with no change to get home.

Ouch, that doesn't sound too good Steve :D on the other hand, consider your luck: your feet have arches; mine have to be hammered into having arches (with in-soles, but they feel like hammers)!

Echo - that's horrific, I can't believe people were actually urging that poor distressed woman to end her life just so they could get to wherever it is they were going a bit faster :D talk about needing to get one's priorities in order.

Vladd - I know there's scammers out there trying to take advantage of people's generosity, but in London there doesn't seem to be much generosity going 'round in the first place. Sadly, it doesn't take much convincing that people were ignoring and laughing at her; both here and in Milan I've grown used to the utter disregard of 90+% of people for the welfare of others. I could offer countless first-hand examples, consider the following.

Back in Italy I once fell down half a flight of underground steps onto the platform. I couldn't move, let alone get up; I was lying flat, clutching my ankle, crying my eyes out [an ambulance later revealed a dislocation, I needed to borrow a wheelchair from A&E to get home], yet the only people who eventually stopped and struggled to get me to my feet were a middle-aged nun and an elderly couple. Literally hundreds of perfectly able-bodied students and city workers just looked past me and went on their ways.