What really bugs you?

Chimera

NEWSFLASH - You are going to have to deal with ******** whatever job you do, they are part of life unfortunately.

With that attitude, you deserve to be treated that way by your local staff. If someone told me to shove my problems, I'd tell them go shove themselves. A little common empathy wouldn't kill you. Or, maybe it would.

Other things that bug me: my laptop. It can barely run anything x_x I'm going to take some pleasure in smashing it off hard surfaces when I get a new one.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that attitude, you deserve to be treated that way by your local staff. If someone told me to shove my problems, I'd tell them go shove themselves. A little common empathy wouldn't kill you. Or, maybe it would.

Other things that bug me: my laptop. It can barely run anything x_x I'm going to take some pleasure in smashing it off hard surfaces when I get a new one.

I didnt tell anyone to shove anything, I merely stated a fact of life that there are :friends0: whatever you do.

If you were an A&E nurse working on a saturday night and you had to patch up some foulmouthed drunken scrote who took great pleasure in verbally abusing you, you would still have to treat him.

I am also painfully polite to people in shops/callcenters whatever, more often than not to my own detriment.

Edited by Johnny Carson Whit

Yeah, but you also stated that it's not your concern (their health and happiness etc). Which is basically my point. If it needs to be explained, it's not worth explaining, but anyway - people with that attitude were what made me hate being cashier and want to pack it in. In other words, people like you often WERE the :friends0: that went with my jobs. See how it works both ways? I'm not discussing this anymore, you're entitled to your opinion and I to mine.

Moving on - why is my brother home at 3.30??

Wait no, on topic. Oh you know what bugs me! When people unexpectedly come to my house and use the bathroom and I just KNOW there's girly stuff everywhere. It's mortifying.

What do you mean by girly stuff Noll? Drying bras and knickers or just toiletries? I'm always on edge when a guest of someone else is in the house, its quite bad, sometimes depending on the person I won't leave the room i'm in so will be nearly wetting myself or dying of thirst or hunger till they go home..:friends0:

Well I'm sorry but it's right if you are paying paid to serve me in a shop I dont care if you've argued with your boyfriend or missed eastenders its literally not the customers problem.

Like I said, not worth explaining.

What do you mean by girly stuff Noll? Drying bras and knickers or just toiletries? I'm always on edge when a guest of someone else is in the house, its quite bad, sometimes depending on the person I won't leave the room i'm in so will be nearly wetting myself or dying of thirst or hunger till they go home..:friends0:

My god if it was underwear I'd actually die. No, mostly toiletries, or if I didn't bother cleaning the hair out of the bath after washing it (you know yourself, it's like we're molting with hair as long as ours when we wash it!) We all know girls have razors and wax strips and deoderants and (if you're me) more warpaint than you can wear in a year, but NOBODY wants to see them!

My god if it was underwear I'd actually die. No, mostly toiletries, or if I didn't bother cleaning the hair out of the bath after washing it (you know yourself, it's like we're molting with hair as long as ours when we wash it!) We all know girls have razors and wax strips and deoderants and (if you're me) more warpaint than you can wear in a year, but NOBODY wants to see them!

:friends0: War paint! Yeah hair is a pain in ze arse, especially when long its never ending pulling out of the plug....wax strips are evil!

I don't know why it's so gross pulling it out of the plug - not only is it harmless head hair, it's freshly WASHED, head hair :friends0: but it's still grossss :lol: And wax strips are evil, I'm always scared they're going to rip off strips of my skin :hug:

Summer of 2008: Wax + me + bf = hell!

What bugs me (getting back on topic before someone shouts at me) is needing the loo at times of inconvenience like now as i'm waiting for a bidding on ebay to end, I can't move or i'll loose it I just know it. :hug:

What you bidding on??

and on a lighter but no less irksome note bra straps that constantly fall off your shoulder no matter how tight :friends0:

OH MY GOD that's so annoying, that was happening to me all day yesterday and I was wearing a short sleeved cardigan with a strappy dress, and all you could see were these blasted straps poking out from under the cardigan! Stupid bras :lol:

What you bidding on??

I'll tell you whats annoying the :friends0: out of me now is my internet connection, I type a reply and then press submit and the connection goes off and what i've typed is lost for eternity.

Bid/won :lol: real bat skeleton, unidentified to species level but from Russia, also won another bat skull from Russia last night too, hoping they are both insectivorous as the two I already have are frugivorous. Will be a challenge to identify them to species level, nothing better than a challenge. :hug: and bras, god damn them, such a pain in more than one way!

When you're in a public rest room and you see someone leave without washing their hands. I'm sorry, but that is absolutely disgusting.

I see it happen at work and I work at a supermarket, really is disgusting!

I see it happen at work and I work at a supermarket, really is disgusting!

Ugh! Supermarkets are the worst, its also gross how people will sneeze on their hand, pick up a fruit and examine it and then put it back. I hate that! Or when they let their kids ride in the basket part of the cart. Who knows what they've stepped in (dirt, animal doo, etc...) and now their shoes are all over where people put their groceries. :irked:

That is gross. What gets me is when people buy fresh bread or fruit and don't put it in a bag so when it comes loading it onto the checkout belt it is just there...on the belt...no bag! People don't seem to realise how filthy the checkouts get. Yes we clean them regularly in the day and we have to clean them once the shop closes but still, every time we do clean it you won't believe the dirt picked up! And people put food on there that are not in bags or packaging!!! Its mad. Its not like you can really put bread under the tap and give it a wash before you eat it.

Exactly! Plus people touch money and lay it on the surfaces and everything. Money is the most filthy object in the whole world (literally!) I believe the statistic is that 1 in 3 single dollar bills have been in a strippers g-string and 75% of $20.00 bills have traces of cocaine on them. :irked:

Exactly! Plus people touch money and lay it on the surfaces and everything. Money is the most filthy object in the whole world (literally!) I believe the statistic is that 1 in 3 single dollar bills have been in a strippers g-string and 75% of $20.00 bills have traces of cocaine on them. :irked:

Wow ... if you want to feel good about your neighbor and mankind in general, this seems like the place to be. And my sister thinks I'm germophobic for sanitizing my hands with Purell after I touch money.

I hate it when there's nothing in the house to eat except stuff I don't want to eat (like soup and anything that can't be called a meal), and people who call themselves writers or book fanatics but don't know how to spell. Oh! I also hate lolspeak, when people abbreviate words when talking online, like using the words "cuz" instead of "because" and "h8er" instead of "hater." The world gets more unintelligible every second, and it pisses me off.

Edited by BookThane1590

People who use emotional blackmail to get their own way

and on a lighter but no less irksome note bra straps that constantly fall off your shoulder no matter how tight :irked:

I second both of them - I have a certain family member who is an expert at the former !

Not washing hands after using the loo is also one of my hates - I always complain when I find public loos without soap. In my profession it is so important - I have seen first hand the germs on hands that haven't been washed, and most people would be absolutely horrified if they knew. You are right about money though CalaLily - most of if is filthy and your friend is actually very sensible to use that stuff after handling it.

Edited by Talisman

Yup I have someone at work who does this all the time, crying attention seeking everything I just put headphones on and ignore...

Oh and bra fell of shoulder every 5 seconds on way home very annoying and i probably looked wierd hoiking it up, like a rubbish contortionist :irked: even worse is when they dig into the sides, they are infernal contraptions..

What really bugs me is dismissive people. You are not relevant to them, so you will just not appear on their radar in any way.

I work with a woman in a very small work environment who is a half step away from ignoring me totally. I've hit the stage where I wish she would, at least there would be an honesty to it.