What really bugs you?

Chimera

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that feeling, two of my best friends from primary school started going out 5 years ago and they ditched us all. She got jealous of him hanging out with his female friends...:friends0: Surprisingly they are still together now and yes, it is still the same with them, we only usually see them now if we see them at the pub and then they will happily come over and sit with us.

• 3 weeks later...

People who say "Cheap at half the price" when they find something that's good value. I should just clarify that they're not saying it as a joke either.

Maybe I'm being stupid and that actually is the saying but if something's good value then surely the saying is "Cheap at twice the price". The first saying seems to have started as a joke and then just stuck in everyones' head.

Yes. It would be cheap at half the price. IT WOULD BE HALF THE PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!

People who talk over you

I have been doing the same job for 4 years; today someone had a question about an aspect of my job that I have dealt with almost every day of those 4 years. Did they ask me ? oh no. The person who sits literally inches from me decided to ask the person sitting opposite, that person then, unsure of the answer, advised that they ask someone else. All the while I'm sat there listening to this thinking I know what you want to know, but if you arent going to ask me, i'm not going to tell you.

Just another day in the life of JCWhit

I have a similar thing, but within my family instead. I just lurve the fact that I'm invisible and unachieving to them sometimes! :lol:

My parents are the same way, I got into a 'discussion' with my mother several months ago about who is the better typist - me or my fathers secretary.

Now, you may think that my mother would automatically say that I am of course the better typist, oh no. She spent the whole length of the 'discussion' going to great lengths and into great detail to explain to me why this woman, who by the way is 5 years younger than me, is better than me because 'she does it for a living'. HELLO!??

:smile2:

Completely agree, also people who talk down to you, I have been doing my job for 16 years and worked my way up into my current position and i have been with the same company for 14 years doing my current job for 4 years and my boss still treats me like I am is personal assistant getting me to do tasks he can't bothed with. It encourages others to do the same.......

Edited by pickle

Just plain rudeness! This girl came to the presentations we had today and as she had already done hers last week she spent the whole 2 and a half hours sitting there whispering to her friends, laughing at people giving their presentation and sighing so loud when she was bored. Yep, a 22 year old being so ignorant! :smile2:

I dont know if anyone has ever had this happen before but here goes:

I hate it when you go into a shop/cafe/chemist etc and you walk up to the counter and wait to be served by the assistant, who is in the middle of a conversation with his/her co-worker. Now you are standing right in front of them, looking straight at them, so they cant fail to see you, and yet they just blatantly ignore you and continue their chat.

You sigh and fidget impatiently, all to no avail, until eventually they turn their head, look you up and down, and ask in a patronizing tone of voice "Em....are you all right there?", at which point i literally have to bite my tongue to restrain from screaming at them <wait for it>:

NO YOU CANT HELP ME, I JUST MAKE IT A HABIT TO WALK INTO SHOPS AND STARE AT ASSISTANTS FOR NO REASON, ANY CHANCE OF A BIT OF SERVICE MAYBE, YOU STUPID *****.

:smile2:

Rant over.

If that has ever happened to you, i sympathise.

I hate people talking over me, my family are really bad for it, someone might ask something, I answer, get ignored and then someone else answers and everyone is like 'ok', it really does wonder for your self esteem :smile2:

Mechanics who completely ignore you and just talk to your dad instead when you take your car in, even though it's your car and you've explained what the problem is. This happened to me yesterday. :smile2:

I dont know if anyone has ever had this happen before but here goes:

I hate it when you go into a shop/cafe/chemist etc and you walk up to the counter and wait to be served by the assistant, who is in the middle of a conversation with his/her co-worker. Now you are standing right in front of them, looking straight at them, so they cant fail to see you, and yet they just blatantly ignore you and continue their chat.

You sigh and fidget impatiently, all to no avail, until eventually they turn their head, look you up and down, and ask in a patronizing tone of voice "Em....are you all right there?", at which point i literally have to bite my tongue to restrain from screaming at them <wait for it>:

NO YOU CANT HELP ME, I JUST MAKE IT A HABIT TO WALK INTO SHOPS AND STARE AT ASSISTANTS FOR NO REASON, ANY CHANCE OF A BIT OF SERVICE MAYBE, YOU STUPID *****.

:lol:

Rant over.

If that has ever happened to you, i sympathise.

Getting up at the crack of dawn to get ready to go to a job that you hate with every inch of your being, just after spending 45 mins ironing a shirt that looked just as creased afterwards as it did before

I hate people talking over me, my family are really bad for it, someone might ask something, I answer, get ignored and then someone else answers and everyone is like 'ok', it really does wonder for your self esteem :D

Having a stuffy nose that runs uncontrolably yet refuses to unstuff when you blow it. :smile2: Seriously, whats the point of running?

I totally agree with all of the above!!!!! I feel the pain and frustration!

I like people randomly saying hello to me but today I was walking down the street and a man came out of nowhere and asked if I was okay...I was like, 'erm...yeah sure i'm okay', but what I really wanted to say was 'no actually, I feel ****' and spin him a sob story and make him wish he never bothered to ask if I was okay.

Because really 90% of people who ask if you are okay don't really care if you are and just wait for the noise to come out of your mouth. I've witnessed people at work ask eachother if they are okay and they wait half a second for the one syllable noise of yes but no can sound the same and does and because they are not really listening they say 'oh thats good' and walk off after someone clearly says no lol

Edited by chrysalis_stage

Yeah, you are right. I would rather people not ask after me at all than do so when its insincere and false. Nothing worse than somebody only boosting their own self-worth by asking after the self-worth of others. But as you get older you can tell the difference between false and genuine people most of the time.

Good to get a moan out of your system!

Because really 90% of people who ask if you are okay don't really care if you are and just wait for the noise to come out of your mouth. I've witnessed people at work ask eachother if they are okay and they wait half a second for the one syllable noise of yes but no can sound the same and does and because they are not really listening they say 'oh thats good' and walk off after someone clearly says no lol

That is so true! and of the main reasons I loved Lisbeth Salander from the millenium trilogy. She will just walk into a room and would not entertain small talk in the slightest, I hate people who just reel off pleasantries for the sake of it.

I agree chrysalis_stage, I am no manner of saint but if I ask someone how they are, I wait to hear what they have to say because sometimes people just need an opening and sometimes, a simple 'how are you?' opens an dialogue.

I am being very mean here, so please forgive me for mentioning my parents again, I remember the same person ask me countless times over the days after my Da passed, I never got a chance to answer because he walked away, of course he assumed that I was not great but he could have let me speak, I ended up losing my temper with him (for my forever shame), when he asked me how I was? and before he walked away, I said to him that I felt like cac and I missed my Da.

Hope that makes some sense.

I find alot of people who ask don't want to know if you are not okay, even when you do say how you truely feel some people really don't have any clue on how to reply and scamper off as soon as they can. Its terrible, they waste breath forcing me to waste mine, I can't ignore them because that would make me worse. :D

I hate small talk too - if I have something to say or add to a conversation i'll say it, but even if I do sometimes I still won't add it because of people who never shut their mouths. They then ask if i'm ok, because i'm being quiet. :D Moments like that I would like to say 'yes I will be when you shut up talking nonsense and let other people get a word in that is more interesting'...:lol: rant over, I could rant more but I won't :D

Weave you are not mean for mentioning your parents again, it is in context and is mentioned to make a point :smile2: It does make sense.

Edited by chrysalis_stage

I hate people who get on a train and stop right in the doorway, not moving in so the people behind can get on. One woman has done this to me for 4 days in a row this week. I keep just squeezing and pushing her little by little until I'm on. I'm so fed up with rude train travellers in Sydney. Someone is going to cop my wrath one day very soon; probably the same chick who has been annoying me all week. I'm a pretty passive, non-confrontational person, but even I have my limits and I'm about to snap. :smile2: I really need a holiday.

I hate people who get on a train and stop right in the doorway, not moving in so the people behind can get on. One woman has done this to me for 4 days in a row this week. I keep just squeezing and pushing her little by little until I'm on. I'm so fed up with rude train travellers in Sydney. Someone is going to cop my wrath one day very soon; probably the same chick who has been annoying me all week. I'm a pretty passive, non-confrontational person, but even I have my limits and I'm about to snap. :lol: I really need a holiday.

Have you tried saying EXCUSE ME really loudly so everyone turns round and looks at her? It might embarrass her into behaving better.

I'm considering it for tomorrow. :lol: But if people don't move when you give them a nudge, you generally get the impression they just don't care about anyone but themselves. What's even more frustrating is that at the next stop she moves away to go and find a seat whereas I wait until last to get on the train purposely because I get off a couple of stops later (this way I'm in no-one's way in between stations).