What really bugs you?

Chimera

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really bugged me today was the fact that when I went to the library with my 3 year old and 20 month old instead of being able to talk to a friendly librarian while taking out my books i was told to use the self service machine, not easy with 2 little ones. Whatever happened to being able to talk to people? I usually like having a chat with the librarians but they now want us to issue our own books and to drop them back in the drop in box, this really annoys me. Soon we wont need librarians any more, as it will all be self service,very sad.

This list could be long! Here goes:

- When driving and other drivers don't indicate.

- Long queues

- Nosy people who get involved in other peoples business, e.g. when a complete stranger comments that your hanging over the line by a centimetre when parking

- When stood waiting to cross at a zebra crossing or lift etc and someone else comes along and presses the button as if you've just been stood there the whole time not knowing how to work it.

- When someone keeps not hearing what Ive said and they say what, pardon, what, i cant hear you. After repeating it 4 or 5 times I usually chuck something at them.

I could go on but I really must go to work now! May come back to this thread later! :D

- When stood waiting to cross at a zebra crossing or lift etc and someone else comes along and presses the button as if you've just been stood there the whole time not knowing how to work it.

- When someone keeps not hearing what Ive said and they say what, pardon, what, i cant hear you. After repeating it 4 or 5 times I usually chuck something at them.

I agree, very annoying!

Oh and when complete strangers tell you to 'smile' or 'cheer up'. That makes me :D mad.

This list could be long! Here goes:

Well I wear hearing aids and I hate having to ask people to repeat themselves, or just not being able to hear people, sometimes I just pretend I can hear. It's worse when people get annoyed at me for asking though, it's not as if I do it on purpose.

• 2 months later...

Browsing an online book shop site, or just websites about books, and realizing it will take me forever to read them all, and that I just don't have the money to buy em all. Seriously, my wish list is getting longer and longer, and if I'd read all the books that sound interesting to me, I'd have enough to read for like, a decade. If not more. Too many books, too little time. So depressing.

People who sit in the cinema with their mobile phones on and text.

Can you not do without your mobile for 2 hours? Grrr

May I add people (women especially) who make their hair in a way that bothers your view and of course people who talk or laugh at inappropriate times.

Just noticed this thread now. Lots of things annoy me but up in the front would be people who literally stand right next to you in queues, they are so close you want to push them away whilst shouting 'get away from my space!". Some people are so close to you and then they edge you forward the second the queue moves a mere inch as if they are going to get to the top any faster!:friends0:

May I add people (women especially) who make their hair in a way that bothers your view and of course people who talk or laugh at inappropriate times.

That's me :friends0: I'm ALWAYS laughing at the worst time. Someone dies in a movie, I crack up laughing. Two minutes silence for something, I start giggling. Someone tells a really awful and offensive joke, I'm gone :D

Just noticed this thread now. Lots of things annoy me but up in the front would be people who literally stand right next to you in queues, they are so close you want to push them away whilst shouting 'get away from my space!". Some people are so close to you and then they edge you forward the second the queue moves a mere inch as if they are going to get to the top any faster!:D

I hate that! It's annoying if you're in the supermarket and trying to pay, particularly if you're using a card, and someone will stand right behind you. Or if you're at the cash point. It's the same as when people sit next to you on the bus when there's other completely empty seats. :D

Negative people

Inconsiderate neighbours

Self-centredness, what irritates me more is people who are so hilariously blind to it

Politics

Food that goes off when you open the fridge thinking it is still okay