What really bugs you?

Chimera

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rubberneckers" who stop traffic in order to see an accident (being a former cop I've seen it happen too many times)

Parents who don't reign their brats in while out in public. You know the kind, they look at you like you have no right to peace when you go to a fancy restaurant and their "little darlings" are being right terrors.

Having the back of my seat kicked while on a flight.

People who ignore your greeting when they enter your business and yet expect you to drop what your doing when they come to the register while still ignoring you and STILL talking on the cell phone.

People who are mean to the elderly

I wholeheartedly agree with all of these, Katrina, especially about the screaming kids with the uncaring, ignorant parents. Not all of us enjoy the sound of kids' screaming at the top of their lungs...at least not while I'm trying to have lunch! :irked:

Going on todays experiences - CALL CENTRES!!!!!!

YES. I agree!

Yeah I can agree with those that stop and gawk at tragedy and destruction, it's part of the human fabric however so I guess it shouldn't annoy me, we're bred on violence and the collapsing of another's world. I was doing some work in a house the other week and on my daily walk an unfortunate house had suffered a terrible fire and the area was cordoned off and people came and people went, but there was always a steady supply creating a second kinda barricade around the site. No one was saying anything each time I passed the place over two days. Once there was a poor woman crying. The people didn't say anything, they just stared and then made casual conversation when they left with others, it was odd. Nothing captures human interest like human tragedy as Dan Brown said somewhere.

• people who when asked “how are you?” always respond negatively. Another person I work with does this she has a weekly rotation of answers week one “no I have got a cold” week two “no I didn’t sleep well” week three “no I have got a cold” and so on – she even does it on the phone when clients call.

It actually bugs me when people ask me how I am, and when I answer negatively, they look at me as if to say 'well I don't want to hear abour your depressing situation.' Don't ask, then. I wouldn't.

Other things that bug me: Knowing there's a mice somewhere in the pipes around my apartment.

It actually bugs me when people ask me how I am, and when I answer negatively, they look at me as if to say 'well I don't want to hear abour your depressing situation.' Don't ask, then. I wouldn't.

Other things that bug me: Knowing there's a mice somewhere in the pipes around my apartment.

The usual automatical answer to that question is "Fine". A friend of mine went to a doctor in the US. And he asked her "How are you" not what's wrong with her. And she just answered automatically, that she's fine. :D

The usual automatical answer to that question is "Fine". A friend of mine went to a doctor in the US. And he asked her "How are you" not what's wrong with her. And she just answered automatically, that she's fine. :D

Yeah, I hate that. If I don't actually want to know how someone is, I won't ask. In my opinion that's more polite than asking a question you don't actually want the answer to. I know I'm in the minority, but that's me.

Todays moan of the day. Sunday drivers out of a Tuesday lumchtime. I was driving down a very busy stretch of road, and was stuck behind a car doing about 35mph in a 60mph limit. I know you don't have to drive at the speed limit, but the conditions were fine! Hence people were getting very annoyed as it was too busy to overtake, and I was stuck about 6 cars back from said slow driver!!!! arrgghhh!!

People who insist on driving 5kmph under the speed limit... And people who don't indicate properly! Especially in roundabouts.

People who don't respond when you talk to them

People who are about to tell you something but then stop mid-sentence and you have to remind them to talk

Nothing personal, that last one is my mother more than anyone. And I love her. But damn, it annoys me.

Todays moan of the day. Sunday drivers out of a Tuesday lumchtime. I was driving down a very busy stretch of road, and was stuck behind a car doing about 35mph in a 60mph limit. I know you don't have to drive at the speed limit, but the conditions were fine! Hence people were getting very annoyed as it was too busy to overtake, and I was stuck about 6 cars back from said slow driver!!!! arrgghhh!!

It's actually against the law here to hold up traffic like that. In fact, the Washington State Patrol is going to start pulling people over who are driving too slow in the passing lane...even if they're going the speed limit! They're going to fine people for not speeding! I love it!! :D

People that complain about other people's faults, but never take the time to look at their own.

Are you reading this, sis? :lol:

And now, I know I am being rude complaining about my sister behind her back, so I am looking at my own faults. :wink:

I hate people who don't listen to what you're saying.

My friend asked me out tonight, I said I wasn't feeling up to drinking alcohol, but I'd be happy to go over to her's for a while before she went out with her housemates, at which point I would go home. She then kept asking about me going out, said she'd text me when she knew what they were doing so I could come over (just before they went out), and when I eventually said I wasn't even gonna bother calling over to the house as I'm tired she said 'I'll get you a beer from the offy?' .....I already said I'm not drinking. Is it THAT hard to understand what I've said?

It's actually against the law here to hold up traffic like that. In fact, the Washington State Patrol is going to start pulling people over who are driving too slow in the passing lane...even if they're going the speed limit! They're going to fine people for not speeding! I love it!! :D

Thar would be brilliant over here, people like that are actually dangerous and must cause so many accidents!

Drivers who have their headlights blazing in broad daylight! I've noticed it's quite common,as if it's some kind of new craze! And those who chat away on their mobiles while driving-I saw a nurse doing it earlier today!

Drivers who have their headlights blazing in broad daylight! I've noticed it's quite common,as if it's some kind of new craze! And those who chat away on their mobiles while driving-I saw a nurse doing it earlier today!

I think most newer cars are equipped with daytime running lights, so they go on automatically. I don't know why....safety?

As for talking on your cell phone and driving...I got pulled over for that a few months ago and got a HUGE ticket. Now I use my Bluetooth. :giggle:

Drivers who have their headlights blazing in broad daylight! I've noticed it's quite common,as if it's some kind of new craze!

I think most newer cars are equipped with daytime running lights, so they go on automatically. I don't know why....safety?

Yea most new cars have this now, so they are on all the time - I think its a legal requirement on new cars in the UK, and its for safety reasons - no danger of forgetting to put them on at lighting up time or in poor visibility.

I know its an occurring problem but it really bugs me that dog owners let their dog leave their 'leavings' on pavements! How hard it is to take a pooper scooper and clean it up! :irked:

I know its an occurring problem but it really bugs me that dog owners let their dog leave their 'leavings' on pavements! How hard it is to take a pooper scooper and clean it up! :irked:

I am lucky enough to live near some fab walking areas, and my biggest gripe here is when people have gone to the bother of bagging their dog poop, but then go and hang the bag on a tree or somesuch! :o I mean, you've already carried out the worst part by picking the thing up, why then leave it for someone else to have to deal with it! :irked: If they hadn't bothered at all the next rains would have dealt with it.

Yea most new cars have this now, so they are on all the time - I think its a legal requirement on new cars in the UK, and its for safety reasons - no danger of forgetting to put them on at lighting up time or in poor visibility.

Oh right,thanks for the info. I'm not a driver myself,but noticed it in recent months,and thought it must be some cool new trend! :rolleyes:

I am lucky enough to live near some fab walking areas, and my biggest gripe here is when people have gone to the bother of bagging their dog poop, but then go and hang the bag on a tree or somesuch! :o I mean, you've already carried out the worst part by picking the thing up, why then leave it for someone else to have to deal with it! :irked: If they hadn't bothered at all the next rains would have dealt with it.

What?! Why would anyone hang the poopy baggy on a tree? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. And yesterday.