What really bugs you?

Chimera

You know what really bugs me?

This completely arbitrary correlation between the frequency of 'bits' in juice or smoothies and the 'perfect for' rating for adults or kids.

In other words, I don't like having to buy lunchbox sized cartons of Innocent Smoothies JUST BECAUSE apparently only children don't like bits of fruit in their smoothies. Conversely, being an adult does not require you to like fruit bits, and inversely liking fruit bits should not make you an adult. It's like peer pressure in a carton! I am an adult, and I just don't like fruit bits. I also want LARGE QUANITITES of bit-free smoothie, not stupid little cartons, of which I require several to get a decent drink.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noll - I feel your pain.

I hate it when things backfire. I hate it when you try and protect people's feelings, their feelings get hurt regardless and then they feel like they have to hurt yours just to balance things out. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Noll - I feel your pain.

I hate it when things backfire. I hate it when you try and protect people's feelings, their feelings get hurt regardless and then they feel like they have to hurt yours just to balance things out. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

My pain is relatively superificial and limited to my dairy-aisle shopping pride :)

Your pain however clearly warrants hugs. Ergo: :D

I know what you mean though. I've done that, a lot, and been hurt 'in return' for all my attempts at protection all round.

So this waste of space gets this kind of treatment;

'The comfortable lifestyle of the Houghton family is funded by benefits including

@ Noll: :D.

People like this

... as an actually unemployed, actually seeking work, actually differently abled person who hasn't received a penny in benefits for the past five months because some computer reckons OH's part-time work can pay rent and food for the both of us, I find this a spit in the face.

Oh my sis has that exact problem with the system too :D, she's been ill under stress since before christmas, they even ''assessed'' her and after three months of teasing, they refuse to pay saying her partner is liable... yes that makes a lot of sense.

@ Noll: :D.

... as an actually unemployed, actually seeking work, actually differently abled person who hasn't received a penny in benefits for the past five months because some computer reckons OH's part-time work can pay rent and food for the both of us, I find this a spit in the face.

Agreed that the system is unfair, but remember this is a Daily Mail article! Quite sure it's been jazzed up in order to hatemonger, in as shameless and undignified a manner as only the DM can manage. It is really a paper I steer very clearly away from. The DM bugs me! :)

Disorganised people. I've said it before, but I will continue to reiterate it until they cop the hell on.

Friend wanted to come up to Cork today to see her boyfriend. He's studying this week for exams, so because she lost her charger for the second time in two weeks, and her phone was dead, I had to text him. He didn't give me a definitive answer, and when she later called him to ask what was going on, he had assumed she would just turn up. He also failed to mention that he's recording music with his band until 8pm tonight, until she rang him from the bus station today. Now when she gets into cork, she has nowhere to go except my house, because he's not around. It's the most annoying thing in the world when people are so completely mentally under developed (to put it nicely) that they can't just bloody well be straight forward about what they're doing and how that affects anyone else involved.

Disorganised people. I've said it before, but I will continue to reiterate it until they cop the hell on.

Friend wanted to come up to Cork today to see her boyfriend. He's studying this week for exams, so because she lost her charger for the second time in two weeks, and her phone was dead, I had to text him. He didn't give me a definitive answer, and when she later called him to ask what was going on, he had assumed she would just turn up. He also failed to mention that he's recording music with his band until 8pm tonight, until she rang him from the bus station today. Now when she gets into cork, she has nowhere to go except my house, because he's not around. It's the most annoying thing in the world when people are so completely mentally under developed (to put it nicely) that they can't just bloody well be straight forward about what they're doing and how that affects anyone else involved.

What's worse is when you tell the person that and they tell you to relax/chill out/not worry so much. As if they think they're just being a free spirit rather than an absolute *%&!

Edited by Steeeeve

Agreed that the system is unfair, but remember this is a Daily Mail article! Quite sure it's been jazzed up in order to hatemonger, in as shameless and undignified a manner as only the DM can manage. It is really a paper I steer very clearly away from. The DM bugs me! :D

Agree!! The DM really bugs me too! I used to buy it as it was the only paper I could find that seemd to tread the line between 'too boring and serious' and 'no real news whatsoever', however it used to wind me up so tremendously that I've stopped buying it. I still go on their website occasionally though and their completely politically biased journalism never fails to amaze me!

A lot of newspapers in the States here have turned very biased unfortunately, which is too bad. They are almost the complete opposite of what newspapers started out to be so many years ago. I love reading an actual paper, but if I can get my unbiased news online, that's where I'll go!

A lot of newspapers in the States here have turned very biased unfortunately, which is too bad. They are almost the complete opposite of what newspapers started out to be so many years ago. I love reading an actual paper, but if I can get my unbiased news online, that's where I'll go!

No such thing, every newspaper has a bias. Depressing but true.

Its unfortunate, but journalism is no longer an art, its a career or even a game to most of those in the profession. Even the bigger outlets like CNN and The New York Times are so riddled with opinions rather than facts that its become impossible to actually believe a 'breaking story' when it first comes on. They are willing to print/air stories that are sure to sell copies/gain viewers before confirming facts or focusing on making the story appeal to all possible views, regardless of the issue and how right/wrong one side may be. Retractions in news papers for stories with untrue information makes me want to ball it up and throw it in the garbage right along with gossip rags and the Enquirer.

OK, I've only been on Twitter two days but already something is bothering me. On a few celebs accounts I've noticed people asking them to send various people best wishes or birthday greetings. And its not just one celeb, such as a child's favourite celeb or something, it's like EVERY celeb they can find. It just screams attention seeking to me!

People folding over pages at the corner to mark their place in the book they are reading, buy a bookmark! I saw someone on the bus doing it today, I changed my bag for a spare bookmark but then there was the whole thing of giving a total stranger a bookmark.

OK, I've only been on Twitter two days but already something is bothering me. On a few celebs accounts I've noticed people asking them to send various people best wishes or birthday greetings. And its not just one celeb, such as a child's favourite celeb or something, it's like EVERY celeb they can find. It just screams attention seeking to me!

Have to say that i haven't had this problem. The only thing that bothers me on there is when someone retweets a lot of tweets one after the other. (Yes i'm looking at you Courtney Love)

Meeting someone for the first time and doing a favour for them without getting a thanks at the end :lol:! Boyfriends friend made such a big deal of wanting someone to film the gig they did (this is another one of his bands) so seeing I was the only one there they knew I did it for them. I got totally ignored at the end and never got a thank you so just put the camera on the table and left them to it.

Shame I didn't think about that at the time. For the past few days I have been down about loads of little things that is mounting up into one big thing and just go to zombieland, and I was feeling down while we was out at the gig, maybe they realised that so was just keeping a distance or ignoring me? Still...manners :lol:. What makes it worse is after they all went out for a smoke leaving me sitting there. I know I could have got up and gone with them but they was just all in conversation with each other about band stuff which I wasn't paying much attention to, me knowing nothing about music, and just walked off and leaving me. I love how the boyfriend came back after 5minutes to ask if I was coming out or not, lovely :lol:.

Haha charming, but men don't think the same way as us. That's a very typical thing for guys to do (get up and wander out, or not directly involve someone in convo) - they're much more laid back and assume A) if someone isn't talking, they just have nothing to say or even that THEY'RE being rude by not making an effort and :lol: if they have a problem, they'll say it. That's what I find, anyway. Men of the forum, feel free to correct me.

I look foward to the mens views on this :lol:!

Another thing that bugs me, going to work with a hangover... >.< totally my own fault but it can still annoy me, I only thought of my own happiness at the time the drinks started coming in :lol:! (I was the person who drove them all to the gig and back, so I think I deserved all those drinks at the party after) :D.