Susan Boyle / Britain's Got Talent

SueK

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind the dancers, but I agree about the singers - they have X Factor for singers, so I'd rather see everything else in BGT instead. The singer that went through this evening was definitely X Factor material, not BGT. I'd rather have seen the ventriloquist go through.

I think Flawless were fantastic last night. Diversity were also great the night before. I love Shaun Smith and think that he was brilliant last night - difficult song choice. I wasn't impressed with Susan Boyle but glad she has another chance. All in all I thought last night's was quite poor and hope it's better tonight.

Overall I think the whole competition has been poor! Also, they really need to re-consider the idea of the whole competition because it really isn't a variety show - it's a Singers & Dancers show! 6 acts through - 3 dance acts, 3 singers.

I think that on the night Susan Boyle was poor, Diversity was great & there really wasn't anything else worth voting for on the 1st night. On the 2nd - well, I would have had the vantrilliquist get through over Shaun (IMO he belongs on X Factor, not BGT). Tonight's show was very poor & there was, like last night, very little choice beyond those they put through.

Overall I think the whole competition has been poor! Also, they really need to re-consider the idea of the whole competition because it really isn't a variety show - it's a Singers & Dancers show! 6 acts through - 3 dance acts, 3 singers.

I completely agree! They need more variety. Last year it was a dance act that won, so I'm fully expecting one of the singers to win it this year. However, I think what would be an excellent idea is if Diversity and Flawless got together and did an act like a dance off - it would be otally awesome and they would win it for sure coz they would blow the competition out of the water if they teamed up!

I really hope Susan Boyle DOES NOT win - I think she's the weakest of the finalists to be honest and although she has a lovely voice, I don't believe she deserves a place in the final. If she hadn't been an older, frumpy lady she wouldn't have got through in the first place - if she'd been a skinny, pretty 19-y-o, they would have said, "We've seen it before - sorry!".

I really didn't think Stavros Flately did anything different or better last night. Granted the first night was amazing and really funny but then what? He should stick to trying to do western types of dance like Riverdance or maybe even the highland fling, that would be funny but he just looked silly last night. He is a really nice guy and all, and to be honest I think he was the best of a bad bunch in that semi-final really. Does anyone agree, or is it just me? :)

.... and flowers and opera??? I mean WTH??

Stavros Flately really made me laugh, they`re silly I know but they did entertain me. :) I really love Shaheen too, he`s got a great voice and he`s lovely with it. On the whole I agree they should have more variety acts on there, but to be honest a lot of them were rubbish! I think the judges made some poor decisions as to who went through to the semis, they left out some good acts. :)

I thought Stavros Flatley was funnier in the first audition - they made be laugh but they weren't great.

LOL what about the singer and flower arranger - could you imagine watching them for 1 and half hours in concert. You'd lose the will to live:blush:

So far, for me, it has to be the two dance acts. Even Susan Boyle went of the "boyle" for me a bit.......

Sue Son (the violinist) should have gone through instead of Susan Boyle - she gave a FAR better performance in the semi.

Agree with Sue Son's performance. Simon said she wasn't very likeable though. Don't understand that comment at all.

apparently Susan Boyle has been wound up by some journalists at the hotel she is staying, threw a wobbly and lost her temper. Piers had to come on a radio show to say she is the sweetest person etc. I wonder if that would have done her damage though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8072061.stm

Sue Son (the violinist) should have gone through instead of Susan Boyle - she gave a FAR better performance in the semi.

Certainly agree. If I'm honest, I don't think Susan is anything special. The assumption that she was going to be bad, in the first audition, was what made it better than it actually was. I know someone mentioned earlier, that if it would've been a pretty 19 year-old, then they would've been turned away and told that they had seen it all before. I agree with this completely.

Completely agree with this in terms of singers, but not in terms of dancers. You can't really have a dance act on any other shower, whereas singers can go on xfactor. And the dancers are so good, I think recognition should be shown for them and it doesn't bother me when/if they win.

Overall, I think that show hasn't been so bad, so far. Some good talent to look out for.. Flawless and Diversity are just doing it for me at the moment and without a shadow of a doubt I'd love one of them to win, over a singer.

I thought Stavros Flatley was funnier in the first audition - they made be laugh but they weren't great.

LOL what about the singer and flower arranger - could you imagine watching them for 1 and half hours in concert. You'd lose the will to live.

I agree - Stavros Flatley wasn't nearly as good 2nd time round, BUT they were one of the funnier variety acts and the show is about variety.

I also agree about the opera / flowers thingy - she was absolutely dire. I'm sure that if the queen wants to listen to opera, she'd rather listen to someone who is actually good at it and not have to watch some ponce arranging flowers at the same time!

Certainly agree. If I'm honest, I don't think Susan is anything special. The assumption that she was going to be bad, in the first audition, was what made it better than it actually was. I know someone mentioned earlier, that if it would've been a pretty 19 year-old, then they would've been turned away and told that they had seen it all before. I agree with this completely./QUOTE]

Yup, that was me - and I stand by it too. :smile2:

Completely agree with this in terms of singers, but not in terms of dancers. You can't really have a dance act on any other shower, whereas singers can go on xfactor. And the dancers are so good, I think recognition should be shown for them and it doesn't bother me when/if they win.

X-Factor, I believe, was supposed to be about more than just singing originally, but it became another "Pop Stars" clone very quickly. :D

I think Susan Boyle might pull out. Fame to much i don't think she went in to fame she just went in to Sing.

Kell it the public that decide and you know the public don't also vote for what best.

I hope she DOES pull out as she has no right to be in the final - her semi-final performance was very poor to say the least - bad choice of song and bad performance of it - she should be ashamed to stand up next to the other contestants getting through with them like that!

And you're right - the public always seem to either vote for the children or the sob-story/beast-to-beauty story, rather than talent. Last year, that dancing laddie was pretty good, but La Scala (the string quartet lassies) should have won it - they were awesome with a capital A!

I think the best thing about BGT is if an act is good they don`t necessarily have to win, they are spotted and given a chance, La Scala for instance recorded a cd that got in the charts. :smile2:

...La Scala for instance recorded a cd that got in the charts. :smile2:

And it's pretty awesome, I have to say - I have it already. :D

I'm hoping the saxophonist will go through tonight - he was brilliant - so smooth!

And it's pretty awesome, I have to say - I have it already. :smile2:

I'm hoping the saxophonist will go through tonight - he was brilliant - so smooth!

I imagine it is a good one La Scala were pretty impressive. The sax player`s the only act I like tonight, he`s good.

I was hoping the all-girl dance act would be the other act to go through, but to no avail. The other two acts up for judges decision were nowhere near as good, but of the two, the little lad was more "variety" than the old geezer and young lass that went through. Disappointed with the 2nd act going through, but glad the saxophonist won through to the final.

Escala are brilliant, I also have their album, and think it's fantastic.

I thought it was a good show tonight. I totally agree with the winner of the semi-final tonight, Jullian. He was superb and I would love him to do well in the final.. it's different. As for second place, surprisingly (I might be going against the grain), I agreed with it. I thought two grand are great and although it isn't as much variety in an act, you couldn't see them on something like Xfactor and they have a chance of doing well. (Both of them great singers, especially the man). Like Simon said, they had so much sincerity.. Taking nothing away from Callum Francis; with that cheeky grin, and that bit of talent, he will go far. Maybe in a few years he'll be doing great, in my opinion he didn't need to get through to the final.

And what about George?! That correography was pure brilliant for his performance and that kid has still got the business. It wasn't a bad show tonight though.

I`m just relieved the stripper didn`t get through! I`m happy Julian made it to the final. :smile2:

Me too. I thought she would be through because she was the last act and they always get through. I can't believe how much they liked her because I thought she was rubbish (maybe I just don't get it). I like the spirit of 2 Grand. I like that it's a family act. Although I did like the young Mowgli lad too.

I have to say I'm pretty fed up with the whole Susan Boyle thing . There's news on her everyday on some of the Finnish daily papers and it's really irritating. I would understand it better if it was the Finland's Got Talent -show and she was Finnish. Yes, she may have an amazing voice and blaa blaa, but we've covered that fact already, I don't think people are interested in knowing every single thing about her and her daily life. What started out as curious news about a real talent in a rough package is now turned into something else.

Mind you, I don't mind this thread here at all, it's just the Finnish newspapers that annoy me.