Susan Boyle / Britain's Got Talent

SueK

Watched last nights show, and liked Julian (sax player), and Shaheen (twelve year old singer) wasn't a brilliant show.

I like those two as well what a voice Shaheen had he was amazing and so was Julian what a sax player.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree too :lol: I think the acts should get three yes to get through. Amanda and Piers were deliberatly winding Simon up by putting through poor acts. Apart from the Shaheen, I thought last nights episode was pretty poor. The saxophone player was good too but I don't think he's going to win.

Does anyone else think changing the song of the young boy at the end was a bit of a set up? He started to sing an Amy Winehouse song but the Michael Jackson one was all ready to be played. Not complaining though, he had a good voice.

I really don't know how Amanda and Piers cold put through the guy in drag who put his finger in his belly button and licked it - but as you say they were probably winding up Simon.

That Dance troupe was definately the best tonight! Better than that one from the 1st show & at least this lot aren't professional dancers, like they are. What I really want to know is how much of a joke are the judges willing to make the show, putting the likes of DJ whatever his name was through? The man was talentless!!!

I think her new look make her look mor her age but as I was typing this little Holly came on waht a voice for a 10 year old.

I actually think she was way better than Susan Boyle, tbh! I'm usually a very harsh critic of child acts as I think the cute factor usually blinds people to their actual talent or lack thereof (a few years back that 6 year old with the terrible, crackly, warbly voice singing Over the Rainbow - I HATED her!), but this lass really does have a very good voice and with proper training, she could havean AMAZING voice!

I'm a bit sad the knife act didn't go through - it was a proper, old fashioned variety performance and I think the judges missed the point (LOL!) of the act in that it's SUPPOSED to look like he's impaled himself at that point.

Those dancers - Diversity - OMG! They were absolutely amazing. I mean, I thought Flawless lived up to their name but these guys blew them out of the water!

The DJ act should be dragged out into the streets, whipped soundly, and then shot. Why he was allowed to pollute the airwaves and then get put through to the next round is beyond me. :D

Again, I caught all these on YouTube, rather than watching the show... :)

I actually think she was way better than Susan Boyle, tbh! this lass really does have a very good voice and with proper training, she could havean AMAZING voice!

I'm a bit sad the knife act didn't go through - it was a proper, old fashioned variety performance and I think the judges missed the point (LOL!) of the act in that it's SUPPOSED to look like he's impaled himself at that point.

Those dancers - Diversity - OMG! They were absolutely amazing. I mean, I thought Flawless lived up to their name but these guys blew them out of the water!

The DJ act should be dragged out into the streets, whipped soundly, and then shot. Why he was allowed to pollute the airwaves and then get put through to the next round is beyond me. :)

I couldn't agree more with Kell, Holly had an amazing voice and Diversity, they were fantastic :D and did you see DJ Talents teeth? urrggghhhh

I actually think she was way better than Susan Boyle, tbh! I'm usually a very harsh critic of child acts as I think the cute factor usually blinds people to their actual talent or lack thereof (a few years back that 6 year old with the terrible, crackly, warbly voice singing Over the Rainbow - I HATED her!):D

I`d always thought I was the only one who thought that about her! It`s such a relief knowing there`s someone else out there who felt the same. :)

I too thought Diversity were brilliant (even better than Flawless). They were so original and great touches of the "unexpected" especially when the guy got out of the sports bag.

I thought the little girl had a great voice, she was sooo lucky not to get knocked out by Simon on the showing of her dance ability - best to cut out that bit I think.

I too thought Diversity were brilliant (even better than Flawless). They were so original and great touches of the "unexpected" especially when the guy got out of the sports bag.

I thought the little girl had a great voice, she was sooo lucky not to get knocked out by Simon on the showing of her dance ability - best to cut out that bit I think.

:) I thought Diversity where fantastic. They are now my new favourites :lol: The little girl was a good singer but the dancing nearly did get her knocked out. I HATE DJ Talent. I cannot get away from that song at the moment :lol:

Only heard Susan Boyle's "I Dreamed a Dream" yesterday, almost by chance... what can I say? Beautiful and heart-rending. Even the professional Fantine who sang this at Her Majesty's theatre when I went to see Les Mis was not this good. It made me so happy that she has such an amazing gift. I just wish after her performance they would have done another close up of the incredibly snotty girl in the audience whose face plainly said "Eugh, as if!" As that woman judge said, a wake-up call.

Well, thought that tonight's show was pretty much a waste! That saxaphone guy was horrid! It did make me think of a guy I used to see around Canada all the time - he was incredibly famous, though I haven't heard anything from him in a fair while. His name is Andre (sorry, no accents on my keyboard) Philippe Gagnon & he, amongst other things, can play the saxaphone with just his voice! Check it out! APGagnon

Well I thought that the girl with the violin was fantastic and the last act was stunning - his voice was just so amazing

I agree with you, :) I did feel sorry for the violinist when she had to make the decision to audition without her friend though. She was pretty amazing, and proved she made the right move.

I agree with you, :) I did feel sorry for the violinist when she had to make the decision to audition without her friend though. She was pretty amazing, and proved she made the right move.

Yeah I agree that she was put in an impossible situation. If I was her friend, I would be telling her to go for it, she was amazing. I also loved the guy singing at the end. He didn't realise how good he was and he looked so nervous.

Yeah I agree that she was put in an impossible situation. If I was her friend, I would be telling her to go for it, she was amazing. I also loved the guy singing at the end. He didn't realise how good he was and he looked so nervous.

I hope the friend gets over her obvious disappointment and supports her, according to the newspaper I read, they fell out because of it. :)

The last singer was very good, I really hope he manages to conquer his nerves. :)

I thougth the violinist was fantastic too, you could see Simon's brain ticking over when he watched her, pound signs flashing in front of his eyes no doubt!

Jamie from Wales was brilliant but I kept waiting for him to speak afterwards to the judges! The stagefright must have taken his tongue, understandable, I couldn't get up and sing in front of that lot! :)

I thougth the violinist was fantastic too, you could see Simon's brain ticking over when he watched her, pound signs flashing in front of his eyes no doubt!

lol, probably!I saw in one of the gossip rags today that she's blaming Simon because she is apparently no longer friends with that other girl. She says that Simon ruined her life. I'm sorry, but he didn't hold a gun to her head & make her audition without her friend. Yes, he did push her for an answer, but it was her choice. She could have said no, but she chose to take the chance & come back & audition alone. Backstage she said that she had been waiting for this big chance, so now that she's having to deal with the fallout from HER decision she's taking the easy out & blaming someone else?

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard of that. So sad if it is, plugging for the sympathy vote through deceit is not cool, and neither it is understandable because he easily had the voice to go through and get far - sympathy vote or no; just like Susan Boyle was better than the professional Fantine I saw onstage at Her Majesty's Theatre, so Jamie Pugh was better than the Valjean of the same production.

On a lighter note, what did people think of Gregg Pritchard - the young hotel waiter with a silly hairstyle and and even sillier goatee whom I was expecting to sing some whiny pseudo-rock song, and who instead sang "Nessun Dorma" and turned out to have a beautiful soprano (highest voice in opera, usually female!!) voice?

I missed Jamie Pugh.. that's one of my least favourite songs from Les Mis, but very hard to sing well.

That's a shame that the professional singer you heard wasn't very good. I have seen Les Mis, but I don't recall how good they all were. However, I've also seen a small group of singers called Beyond The Barricade, and the lady who sang I Dreamed A Dream was just fantastic. :readingtwo: