Lost Mojo Support Group

Guest ii

Hi, I'm Andaira, and I'm deathly afraid that I have lost my mojo.

I've not had the time to read a single book in at least a month (I know, that in itself is a crime), and though I've requested a few books already to start reading again soon, I was having trouble keeping the concentration in place and being happy with the book that I was reading before I had to take a break.

I confess it...I'm frightened.

(Well, if that doesn't sound like a 'Dear Emily,...' letter :))

Hi, I'm Andaira, and I'm deathly afraid that I have lost my mojo.

I've not had the time to read a single book in at least a month (I know, that in itself is a crime), and though I've requested a few books already to start reading again soon, I was having trouble keeping the concentration in place and being happy with the book that I was reading before I had to take a break.

I confess it...I'm frightened.

(Well, if that doesn't sound like a 'Dear Emily,...' letter :D)

Here, have some cookies ...... sounds like you need them :)

Mine is definately back - all I needed to do was read a few Murder books & my soul was happy! (eek, just what does that say about me?)

Mine is coming back of its slow wane too, good old Jeffrey Deaver does it for me every time :lol:

Exactly. don't think of it as 'discarding' the book, but as 'putting it on hold'. Pick something lighter, something that makes you feel anxious to read.

Here, have some cookies ...... sounds like you need them :)

They've been gladly taken. Now I just need to decide on what book to pick up first from the pile that I've requested. That might make the decision on whether I've completely lost my mojo or not.

Terry's helping fix my mojo... while I was home for Easter and on every bus I've taken since I've been reading "The Truth" - in snippets, but regular snippets, which is more than can be said for my recently degenerated reading habits. Sadly however, mad & desperate essay-writing has taken over :) I have found a little bit of my mojo, yet I can't allow myself to employ it for the next couple of weeks... frustrating or what?!

Can I join the club? The last full book I read was The Giver by Lois Lowry, a month ago. :) Since then nothing has caught my attention...

I've tried easy re-reads, I've tried 'culture' and even tried Hunchback as I thought a french classic might be different enough from what I've been reading lately to tickle my mojo. No luck though.

Right now I'm slowly worming my way through a re-read of a comic book... How much lower can I fall ?? *NOT laughing*

Exactly. don't think of it as 'discarding' the book, but as 'putting it on hold'. Pick something lighter, something that makes you feel anxious to read.

I think just talking about it helped :lol: I finished the book... made myself stay in bed and read till I was done :D I enjoyed the book even with the struggle and now I need to decide on something new... that will take me less! Hopefully it's a sign my mojo is returning :)

Me, I am having some strange thing, I cannot explain it. I know I am tired, oui, but I am picking up two, three of the same books that I have read last month or so, and I just turn to a page and start reading. I am tired of that! I don't want to read those words again, and I don't want to read anything else either, but yet I do.

I shopped oui, at the bookstore two days ago and I am sure I must be looking lost . The lady asked me if I needed help and I felt so embarrassed, I just kept wandering around looking at titles and feeling tireder than ever.!

I'm happy to declare that my mojo is returning. To the extent that I stayed up way too late last night reading. *grabs some cookies on her way out* They're for the road!

I haven't seen any cookies. *wipes some crumbs off her shirt*

Hmmm ...

It's going around that there are cookies in this thread.

...?

There were ... see above :lol:

Yeah, Charm keeps giving them out. Hasn't offered me one yet, though! :lol:

You have to be quick! ii really likes cookies :D

I haven't seen any either! :)

Can I offer Tiramisu instead? *grin*

Bring a bib for ii (she makes a bit of a mess with crumbs :yes: )

:lol:

Well, it's official - my reading mojo is completely gone! I'm now only reading twice a week when I have a half-hour soak in the tub on Dale's days off (Sunday and one rotating day during the week), and yesterday I had a shower instead as I was busy trying to get other things done, so no reading. I wouldn't mind so much but I'm actually enjoying Captain Corelli's Mandolin, but I just can't bring myself to make time to read when I am so heavily into my cross stitch at the moment! Perhaps if I had a long train journey I might break my time into two halves of reading and cross stitch, but I can stitch and watch telly at the same time (when Xander's gone to bed) - I can't concentrate on the TV AND a book at the same time! :)