Lost Mojo Support Group

Guest ii

Okay, we've all been there. Nothing excites us. Nothing interests us. We pick up a book just to put it down again. We're starting a new one only to abandon it for another one the next day. We're walking out of a store without one single book!

We've lost our mojo.

If you're there, worry not! The Lost Mojo Support Group is there to offer support (well, it IS a support group, after all!), to give you suggestions and advice on what to do and/or read to get out of the funk, to share their own experiences with books left unbought, and to pass along the cookie recipes.

So, without further delay, let me start.

Hi, I'm ii, and I've lost my mojo.

I've lost most of my mojo

So only half of a cookie for you.

Seriously, nothing's working! I'm at a point where I don't want to start another book, because I don't want to experience the lack in interest anymore. Does that make any sense?

I brought my own cookie, look up.

MY cookie.

It does make sense, and happened to me recently. I find that even when I like a book, I struggle to complete it. Luckily, I'm an Oscar Wilde fangirl, and he's the main character in my current book, so I'm hoping that's a solution.

Maybe one solution would be re-reading a favourite book? Something short someone KNOWS they loved, to get back into the physical act of reading. That might help.

Hi I'm Charm. My mojo isn't lost as such but I fear it may be going! Nothing to do with the book I'm reading (its actually pretty good) its just that .... dare I say it? ... I can't be bothered reading at the min! :irked:

I think it's just one of those things that we all seem to go through, and for different reasons.

Personally, I found myself struggling recently, but I think that's because I had spent a long time reading books sent to me for review. Although most were good, some weren't so much so, but the main problem was that I had an obligation to get them read.. which meant that I couldn't choose other books.

It's gone quieter recently, so I've actually gone out and bought books that I like the look of, or have been recommended - and they've been a pleasure to read.

.... dare I say it? ... I can't be bothered reading at the min! :o

Hi! :) My name is Ceinwenn & that (above) is exactly how I feel right now! I'm in the process of reading 5 different books & couldn't care a toss about any of them. This is not good! :irked:

Hi! :o My name is Ceinwenn & that (above) is exactly how I feel right now! I'm in the process of reading 5 different books & couldn't care a toss about any of them. This is not good! :irked:

5 at once?? Could that be part of the problem? Maybe you feel you have to read at least some of them to get them finished .... seems like homework? I hate feeling pressured to read something, I just do the opposite then! :)

Cookie? You deserve a whole packet!

Well, I use the term loosely with reference to at least 3 of them. The Book Thief I have been reading for the past 20 years or so (I swear that's how it feels!) & I only just started 2 of the others & have read maybe 2 chapters in one & a couple pages of the other, then discarded them because they just weren't grabbing me.

Luckily, Lee Child has a new book coming out really soon & I am also dying to get Michael J. Fox's new book, so maybe that'll be exactly what I need to fix my issues. Someone please tell me that will fix things!! :irked:

In the past when my mojo had vanished, I found a book of short stories helped me find it again.

I tend to go for something light and short too and just stick with it, nothing that sounds like heavy going.

Evening all - I don't mean to gloat but my mojo is in tact (wonderfully glowing with a hint of sparkle in fact - ok yes I mean to gloat). I'm wondering if Waterstones or any local booksellers may stock mojo's? Is it worth a try? Shall I shut up...................:irked:

Well, I use the term loosely with reference to at least 3 of them. The Book Thief I have been reading for the past 20 years or so (I swear that's how it feels!) & I only just started 2 of the others & have read maybe 2 chapters in one & a couple pages of the other, then discarded them because they just weren't grabbing me.

Luckily, Lee Child has a new book coming out really soon & I am also dying to get Michael J. Fox's new book, so maybe that'll be exactly what I need to fix my issues. Someone please tell me that will fix things!! :irked:

You need Richard Montanari's 'Skin Gods' :) .. good grabbing stuff!:o

My mojo disappears occasionally.......When it does, I just re-read an old favourite until it starts to come back. I have read a few books lately where I haven't cared what happens to the characters etc and it has been a struggle to get to the end :irked: bad times.

You need Richard Montanari's 'Skin Gods' :irked: .. good grabbing stuff!:D

Or Erica Spindler`s Copycat ~ it`s brilliant!! really gripping :)

Well, a big part of me did wonder if perhaps I have been neglecting my genre of choice. Nothing like a little murder mayhem & mystery to cheer a girl up!

Oh yes! :)

(unless of course you've brought cookies! :D)

:o

Hopefully choc chip?