Lost Mojo Support Group

Guest ii

My classics mojo seems to be gone. I can't sit through a classic for the life of me. :smile2:

And what's worse, I've suddenly realised that I'm bad at picturing the scenes depicted in books. I used to be good at it many many years ago but now... after years of wanting to read more rather than read for sheer enjoyment, I've lost the gift. ;)

Can I get it back? I hate admitting I'm becoming a bad reader.

Not sure if someone has suggested this already in a previous post. But someone I met once suggested to me to re-read a book that you've read & enjoyed before. The idea is you don't have to pay too much attention & can skim or skip parts as you already know the story, but it might kick start that mojo into reading action.

• 2 months later...

I think I'm starting to lose my mojo. =(

Every year around this time I lose it. With going back to work after having the summer off and all my TV shows starting up again I just can't seem to find the time to keep up with my reading. Usually I'll get my mojo back around January or February, but this year it didn't come back till the summer! I don't want to lose it now that I just got it back. I have to figure out how to keep it around and fast, I go back to work next week!

• 4 weeks later...

I used to read voraciously, I would regularly visit the library and spent a fortune in bookshops. But recently I seem to have lost that desire to read so much. I have a stack of books to be read but I always seem to find other things to do. I'm not sure when it happened but I seem to have lost my reading mojo :(

I think I'm at last coming out of therapy as my mojo has been quite good to me recently. :D As someone posted above, I find reading short stories does help to get the mojo back.

Don't give up on it peeps, it will return. :cool:

Edited by SueK

I've realised that when I'm stressed out about things as I am now I lose my patience to get into the book. I need to be hooked after a half page or so or I loose interest..

I've tried rereading books I like but mostly it's just makes me jump from the different parts that I remember liking. So annoying! :irked:

The same thing Elin mentioned happens to me. If there's something bothering me and I can't relax, I can't get into the book even if it's a book I like.

I think the short stories idea is good, and also rereading something you like.

I've had mojo problems this summer, but they're gone now :D Now, the problem is lack of time. But I think I might even be getting more reading done now, then during the holidays.

Anyway, good luck to everyone with problematic mojos, they'll be back! Hang in there peeps :D

Edited by Brida

• 13 years later...