Darling, Delectable, Delicious Dexter

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lovely son bought me season 1 on Blu-ray, so I can finally see how he started. Seems very like the books, Michael C Hall is perfect casting. He's very Dexter.

Throws up some very interesting questions for the reader/viewer.

Is he the epitome of the anti-hero?

Is he righteous avenging angel or socio-pathic monster?

Does anyone read Dexter because they want him to get caught? Or like me, they always want him to get away with what he's doing, and kill as many scumbags as possible.

Sideing with the anti-hero always has its moral ambiguities for the reader/viewer, but all the more joyful for it. :D :D

I love watching Dexter. I would never suspect the books are worth anything. Saw them in my local booshop but never even thought about opening one of them...now it seems I am missing on something :blush2: Which one should I start with??

I love watching Dexter. I would never suspect the books are worth anything. Saw them in my local booshop but never even thought about opening one of them...now it seems I am missing on something :blush2: Which one should I start with??

The books are fantastic Nika, start with Darkly Dreaming Dexter, then move on to Dearly Devoted Dexter (my fave ;) ) Hope you enjoy them!

Does anyone read Dexter because they want him to get caught? Or like me, they always want him to get away with what he's doing, and kill as many scumbags as possible.

Sideing with the anti-hero always has its moral ambiguities for the reader/viewer, but all the more joyful for it. :D :D

Some fine points and questions, Coffin Nail :D Oh, Dexter's definitely a sociopath but at least he knows he can only target killers and the like, leaving the good, decent people alone.

I've never even considered that somebody might like reading the books because they wanted to see Dexter caught in action. I'd cry if he was caught. Think of the lives he's saved by killing all those serial killers.

You should definitely give the books a go. And you definitely need to read them in order!

Is it my imagination or has he borrowed a line from James Bond ,Licensed to kill in the fifth book. "He disagreed with something that ate him".

Is it my imagination or has he borrowed a line from James Bond ,Licensed to kill in the fifth book. "He disagreed with something that ate him".

That line is definitely in the book version of Live and Let Die. Still, it's too good a line to just have in one book!

I saw the series before i read the books. i lent the series to a friend then i lent them the books and they don't want to watch the rest because they don't see Micheal as dexter. What does dexter look like to you?

I just finished reading Double Dexter - the 6th book in the dexter series - I loved it! Twists and turns, dry wit and laugh aloud moments, brilliant :smile:

I'm happy you enjoyed the book! :friends3: Bring on the next one, aye? :D

Got myself the first part...going to start reading tomorrow!

I hope you like it! :)

Just finished reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter, really enjoyed it, I love the premise and humour, will definitely be reading more and watching the series :)

Dare we say we have a new Dexterette amongst us? :D

I saw the series before i read the books. i lent the series to a friend then i lent them the books and they don't want to watch the rest because they don't see Micheal as dexter. What does dexter look like to you?

To me, Michael C. Hall is Dexter. I have no problems with that. And the man who plays Doakes is soooo Doakes :D

BTW, who's everyone's favorite character in the series? Or is this too obvious, is it Dexter? I love Dexter, but I also have a thing for Doakes :wub: And a bit of a girl crush on Dexter's sister :blush::giggle:

I don't necessarily want Dexter to ever get caught, but I'd love to see how Deb and his family and workmates would respond if they found out.

I have a major crush on Michael C Hall. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer Dexterite, doesn't sound like a girl, lol. :blush2:

Well okay, I guess that's okay.... But will you take the pom poms, though? :giggle:

Most definately! Not too long is it? :biggrin:

Not too long, it's a very tolerable situation :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...