Ben's Books, '09

Ben

You know, this is a book I would read again. I like the characters, I like the style and I love a good thriller.

Enjoy yourself, Ben. :she:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do my friend, once again thanks for the recommendation. About 50 pages in and it seems to flow really well, quite interesting so far. :she:

Well it might be just a difference in opinion but I seem to be enjoying the Inkheart books a bit more than you did.

It's always good to enjoy books as are different opinions. A friend of mine just loooves these books and will "take them of my hands", that means new bookshopping me! YAY for different opinions :she:

Aha well at least you can replace them with something you will enjoy.

On another note, I have read 170 pages or so of The Hundredth Man and really enjoying it so far. So glad you recommended this one Mac otherwise we could've been waiting a while to get to it. :she:

• 2 weeks later...

Finished The Hundredth Man at 2:20am- it took longer than expected but I fully enjoyed it. A fast-paced thriller that had me guessing all the way through.

Aha, I suffer from mild insomnia anyway, so I don't sleep much. Saying that, I've left school now - the normal summer holidays haven't started - just means I've had a few extra weeks off after finishing my GCSE's.

Started reading A Clockwork Orange lastnight. I originally struggled with the reading, as some of the words are complicated. I think I'll get used to it though as I started getting into it about 20 pages in.

Since we're both about the same age I was just wondering: isn't this book better to read when you're an adult?:lol: Not trying to tell you what to read, but I really want to see the film and my father told me that I should watch it when I'm older, and I find it quite reasonable.

Maybe so, but I've read books with mature content before, so why not now? I think I'll be okay with it..

Hey Ben. I'm glad you enjoyed The Hundredth Man. He's great, is our Jack Kerley. There's another 3 books with Carson and Harry in. Magic stuff. Hope you're enjoying the holidays, chum. :D

Hey Ben, I think you're definitely old enough to handle A Clockwork Orange. I think the protagonists are around your age anyway. I hope you enjoy it; it's one of my favourite books!

Started reading A Clockwork Orange lastnight. I originally struggled with the reading, as some of the words are complicated. I think I'll get used to it though as I started getting into it about 20 pages in.

This book did my brain in. I think you're easily mature enough, but I actually couldn't finish it I was so annoyed with the stupid language. I KNOW the whole point was to pull a Big Brother and make you understand and read the language like normal English, but it still did my brain in.

Good luck with it all the same :D

;) I had to print out a translation from the internet and refer to it every so often. I mostly got the hang of it after a while, but the list is still sitting in the front of my book. :D

Hey Ben. I'm glad you enjoyed The Hundredth Man. He's great, is our Jack Kerley. There's another 3 books with Carson and Harry in. Magic stuff. Hope you're enjoying the holidays, chum. ;)

Yes, it was fantastic and I'll be keeping an eye out for the Cars-Harry partnership again I should think. I'm enjoying them so far thank you. And thanks for the recommendation! :D

Hey Ben, I think you're definitely old enough to handle A Clockwork Orange. I think the protagonists are around your age anyway. I hope you enjoy it; it's one of my favourite books!

Thank you. I've only read 20 pages or so because of time, but I'll be making serious in-roads soon, considering it's not a very long book. Glad you said I was old enough to handle it, was having some doubts after Dimitra's comment.

This book did my brain in. I think you're easily mature enough, but I actually couldn't finish it I was so annoyed with the stupid language. I KNOW the whole point was to pull a Big Brother and make you understand and read the language like normal English, but it still did my brain in.

Good luck with it all the same :lol:

Thanks Roxi! Means a lot again to be considered mature enough. The language frustrated me at first, but I think a lot of the words are easy to work out what they mean. Shame you got annoyed with it, I could imagine why.

Ahh, just remembered to mention something. :D

I started The Savage Garden yesterday, deciding to read it alongside The Clockwork Orange, so then If I'm getting frustrated with A Clockwork Orange then I can dip back into The Savage Garden.

Problem is.. I really really love The Savage Garden! I only starting reading it expecting to not finish much because I didn't have a lot of time, but I ended up reading 100 pages! It's very descriptive, interesting, and I can't wait to see where it develops. Has anyone read it and would they recommend or is it going to fail from here? ;)

Ah. Well I finished The Savage Garden at about 2am. Excellent book! I read it very quickly because it had me hooked completely. Interesting, detailed and page-turning, I'd recommend a trip to Tuscany.. well, read the book instead. :D

Ah. Well I finished The Savage Garden at about 2am. Excellent book! I read it very quickly because it had me hooked completely. Interesting, detailed and page-turning, I'd recommend a trip to Tuscany.. well, read the book instead. :D

The book may be cheaper! :lol: I may look into this book/holiday! ;)

I hope you enjoy 'A Clockwork Orange', It is an intriguing book, and is certainly thought provoking. I will be really interested to hear what you think of it.

Haha. ;) Yeah, I'll make sure I write a review of A Clockwork Orange when I'm done, which wont take me too long I shouldn't think.

Talking about reviews, this is a note-to-self of one's too write:

The Hundredth Man. - Jack Kerley.

A Savage Garden. - Mark Mills.

Inkspell. - Cornelia Funke.

(If I have time) :D

Good luck with it all the same ;)

I felt the same way. This was one of the books that I slung over my shoulder, shouting "Life is too short!".

The bloody thing. :D

I have this one on my shelf Ben, thanks for reminding me. Must move it up the list TBR.

I have this one on my shelf Ben, thanks for reminding me. Must move it up the list TBR.

Haha, glad you've pushed it up! Remember that everyone's tastes are diverse so if you don't like it, it's not my fault. :D

Haha, glad you've pushed it up! Remember that everyone's tastes are diverse so if you don't like it, it's not my fault. :D

Yeh but I bought it so I must have wanted to read it ;)