Easter Dinner

What are you having for dinner on Easter. Do you have a tradition of anything special. We always have:

Baked Ham (basted with maple syrup)

Potato Salad

Pickled eggs (with beets)

Corn Pudding (poppy knows how to make it):)

Our granddaughter is going to make a chocolate cake in the shape of a rabbit. (I will take a picture of it)

I love to eat the pickled eggs and beets with horseradish on them.

That's what I've always been taught Wicci - this is the first year that we haven't been able to celebrate it either on the Sunday or at the latest Monday. We'll have to feast on eggs instead until next weeks meal ;). It still doesn't feel quite right though. - it's made me feel out of synch somehow. Hey ho DH working tomorrow and both of us on Monday, opposite shifts

Not keen on Simnel cake though it's too rich for me.

I don't celebrate Easter for religious reasons. However, my religious principles allow me to buy half-price eggs when Asda puts them on sale and binge on chocolate for the next month. ;)

I'll tell you what annoyed me...Asda had Easter eggs for £1 weeks and weeks ago. It got closer to Easter and they went up to £2! Still cheap, but a blatant mark-up to rip off people who do celebrate Easter. Come Tuesday, after the bank holiday, I'll be going up there with a wheelbarrow to buy as much chocolate as my bank account (and stomach) can handle!

I opened the front door this morning to go out and get the Sunday morning newspaper. To my surprise I seen some plastic Easter eggs scattered about, there were 2 in a flower pot and others scattered elsewhere. They were filled with candy kisses. I brought my wife to the door and she started laughing. The Easter Bunny had come.

I think it was the neighbor's kids across the street. I have helped the neighbor put in a vegetable garden and a week or so ago I played some basketball with their 2 boys. What a nice neighbor they are.

Very cute Muggle.;) I agree with V.

I am too old for easter eggs, so i only have one. Will I make it last, or will i devour it? I know I am a hungry heavily pregnant woman, but on the other hand, Katie will take a long time to eat hers, being only 13 months old, so maybe I will save it.:D

It makes me smile how the North Americans are so big on 'holidays' and 'tradition' it's all so quaint ;)

I love it,wish we had a bit more of that here. It seems sometimes as if our holidays are being slowly eroded away just to become more shopping days at DIY stores or Garden centres.

I love it,wish we had a bit more of that here. It seems sometimes as if our holidays are being slowly eroded away just to become more shopping days at DIY stores or Garden centres.

Yep. Or the opportunity to sell yet more greetings cards.Bah!