Bookmarks!

Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found a few book-marks when I went through the books I got from my Auntie. All normal, paper ones, from like book stores and things; but that's good because I didn't have one.

This is the one I am using at the moment that I recently finished stitching.

My Bookmark

Oh that is so good! Wish I had one of them..

Anyways, I hardly use bookmarks. I lose them. I once had nice Eragon and Eldest bookmarks but lost them as well. So now I just use whatever's on my side table be it my i-pod, a piece of paper or another book. :irked:

I just ordered the chart for a "storykeep" or bookmark from Heaven and Earth Designs. It'll be a while before I can print it off (I'll have to wait till I'm back at work for that) and a while before I can stitch it (due to other more pressing projects), but I couldn't resist as it's so gorgeous! It's got LOADS of different colours in it too, so it'll probably take a fair while to stitch, but still, when something's that gorgeous, you just have to treat yourself:

butterfliesgaloresk.th.jpg

That looks neat Kell..

I think I'm going to get my mum to order me something nice online, if I ask her really nicely.. lets say as an Easter present. :irked:

This is the one I am using at the moment that I recently finished stitching.

My Bookmark

Oh, that's lovely, Inver! So delicate and pretty.

I just ordered the chart for a "storykeep" or bookmark from Heaven and Earth Designs. It'll be a while before I can print it off (I'll have to wait till I'm back at work for that) and a while before I can stitch it (due to other more pressing projects), but I couldn't resist as it's so gorgeous! It's got LOADS of different colours in it too, so it'll probably take a fair while to stitch, but still, when something's that gorgeous, you just have to treat yourself:

butterfliesgaloresk.th.jpg

Wow, Kell, that's a nice one! And so very 'you'. *laughs*

That is gorgeous! I am going to talk nice to you to make me one :) x

Eh..no...lol. It took me years to get around to finishing that one...:irked: Would have to be something with a lot less detail work...lol

Oh, that's lovely, Inver! So delicate and pretty

Thank you....was pleased with how it came out in the end, despite how long it took me :o

Kell your butterfly one will be lovely when completed I'm sure.

Chrissi I like the one with the hearts on it....are they shells or little pebbles?

Edited by Inver

I want a massive collection of bookmarks to pick and choose from whenever i want to mark my pages :irked: Though they can be surprisingly expensive, really nice ones, so i guess i'll just get down to making some instead.

I'm always losing my bookmarks....but then they re-appear some months later - usually in my daughter's room!!

I am currently using one with a pic of my children on.

I also stitched a couple, but again, I've spotted them in somone's room!;)

I have a magnetic one with some delftware tiles on there! Very Dutch, but i love it. And the magnets make sure i don't lose my bookmark, something i'm prone to do!

That sounds pretty....I love delftware. Always brings back happy memories of a week holiday I had with my sis in Holland.

When I was younger I had dozens of bookmarks scattered about the place handy, but then one day I just gave in, and... folded the corner of the page! And oh, ladies and gentleman, the freedom! to be able to never lose a page when theres nerry a bookmark in site, to be able to close your book in a millisecond. I am afraid I may be addicted to dog-earing books. :lol:

Though of course, only if they are my own, the care I take with other peoples books (especially after reading this forum!) I would like to think is second to none.

My favorite bookmark was given me by a co-worker almost 30 years ago ... a Garfield the Cat bookmark with a red tassel. It only goes in books I really, really love. Those I'm ho-hum about don't merit my special bookmark which is now creased and dog-eared and more than a little bit faded.