Bookmarks!

Michelle

I seem to be a bookmark wrecker! Every book mark I have bought I have either ripped, dropped in the bath :she:, worn to death, or just lost it! I can't count how many book marks I've had! :lol: But however, for once I would love a bookmark that could withstand everything! The Invincible BookMark!! It would last for years to come! :smile2:

My daughter is like that! Since she started to read I've lost bookmarks which I had kept for years. Nowadays every few months we need new bookmarks. :lol:

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posting this here as well as Book Activity, as it's more relevant here: In Easons, I discovered these elusive Winnie The Pooh bookmarks everyone else finds (and which someone on this forum very sweetly provided me with one of! :she:) Nevertheless, one can never have too many bookmarks, so I bought one with Pooh and Christopher Robin standing on the bridge (where they play Pooh-Sticks) and it says:

"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known."

Now anyone who read about how much I love rain showers, doesn't that just suit me down to the ground?? :lol: I'm going starting a collection of them for sure!

My current bookmark is from the book, 'Guess how much I love you' by Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram, it says 'Guess how much I love you' with the picture shown below ~

I use the jacket on a hardback usually - I take the jacket off the book while I read it though - does anyone else do that?

I use anything that comes to hand for paperbacks - usually a Tescos receipt. :?

I do that, take the cover off, because I want it to stay nice. Don't know why, they're all are boxed up when I finish them.

I also {{turn the corner down}}. If my husband hasn't read it yet, I use a book marker. (because he yells at me :blush:)

When I use a book marker I can never remember if I'm at the top or bottom of one of the pages, when I dog ear it, I do it closest to when I leave off.

When I use a book marker I can never remember if I'm at the top or bottom of one of the pages, when I dog ear it, I do it closest to when I leave off.

Oh. My. God!

There very thought of turning pages down to mark my place in a book sends shudders down my spine...:blush:

I'm using a piece of papyrus. It's really skinny and feels nice. Howabout that?:)

Oh. My. God!

There very thought of turning pages down to mark my place in a book sends shudders down my spine...:blush:

I'm using a piece of papyrus. It's really skinny and feels nice. Howabout that?:)

A tactile bookmark? You should market that!

O

I'm using a piece of papyrus. It's really skinny and feels nice. Howabout that?:blush:

I have a neat bookmark my parents got me in Egypt, it's a custom made piece of papyrus with my name spelt out in hieroglyphics (sp?). It's sealed in a plastic sleeve with a tassle.

My mom brought me one from a crafts store back home.. It's a magnet covered with pretty paper, and one side of the magnet folds over and is attracted to the opposite side. So you put about 4 or 5 pages in between the magnet sides to keep the magnet in place, and your page is marked by where the back side of the magnet is resting. It's tiny, doesn't stick up and get bent, and doesn't fall out of the pages while you're reading... Perfect for me since I throw my book in a bag a lot and read in the bathtub so much. :blush:

Oh. My. God!

There very thought of turning pages down to mark my place in a book sends shudders down my spine...:lol:

I'm using a piece of papyrus. It's really skinny and feels nice. Howabout that?:D

Are you sure your name isn't John? That's what my husband does only he has a few words that go with it. :blush:

I'm afraid papyrus wouldn't work for me, I would always be losing it or lose it in the book somewhere. :) A tropical breeze would just blow it right out of my book.

If I bought really nice books, like classics, I would use a book mark. But most of my books come from MysteryGuild and they are almost throw-away-books. Please don't be too harsh with me because I love to read and it's not that I don't respect my books, I'm just not careful with them.;)

Since Dale has recently taken to reading in the bathroom (he's finished 2 whole books this year which is more than he's read in the entire 9 years we've been together!), I bought him a bookmark today - it's a metal letter D that clips over the top of the page. I've just slipped it onto the page where he left the little bit of card he's currently using, so he'll see it next time he picks up the book. :blush:

My lovely friend Paula :blush: sent me a Edward bookmark in the post today, it's the one I've been wanting for ages with the tassle and beads, can you tell I'm chuffed!? ;):D Thank you so much Paula, you're too kind to me!!

You are welcome :)

I'm so rubbish with bookmarks. I always lose them. I'm currently using a flash card. I do have a Harry Potter one that has a dark mark that glows in the dark. I also have a cross stitched one with my name on that my mum made me a few years ago.

I am currently using my 'James and the Giant Peach' by Roald Dahl bookmark, it says on the back, 'The problem is...the problem is...well the problem is that there is no problem' :lol:

Since Dale has recently taken to reading in the bathroom (he's finished 2 whole books this year which is more than he's read in the entire 9 years we've been together!), I bought him a bookmark today - it's a metal letter D that clips over the top of the page. I've just slipped it onto the page where he left the little bit of card he's currently using, so he'll see it next time he picks up the book. :lol:

I have the 'B' shaped one of these as well!

It is. So she likes to embroider too, nice piece of work! ;) What does it say on the other side? On the photo, the words aren't all legible.

Two years ago, I made smaller ones for my daughters birthday, with veggies and fruit on them. When I was little, we had a teacher who taught us things like emroidery at school, ever since I've loved to do it, but I was never very good at it. :D

It is. So she likes to embroider too, nice piece of work! :lol: What does it say on the other side? On the photo, the words aren't all legible.

Two years ago, I made smaller ones for my daughters birthday, with veggies and fruit on them. When I was little, we had a teacher who taught us things like emroidery at school, ever since I've loved to do it, but I was never very good at it. ;)

It says ~

'With dogs and people, it's love in big splashy colours. When you're involved with a cat, you're dealing in pastels' ~ Louis A Camuti :D