What are you watching now? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A documentary called Russia's Toughest Prisons is on TV at the moment. If you're interested, you can watch it here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkd4xy_russia-s-toughest-prisons-documentary-2011_shortfilms

Interesting the Russian convict that spent time in Seattle calls Russia the Soviet Union with a slight laugh.  I guess jail isn't a deterrent in Russia just like it isn't here.  In comparison, our jails are violent, dirty and overcrowded.  "The Black Dolphin" is no where near where I'd want to be- geez- if that doesn't stop you from cannibalizing people, nothing will.

Interesting the Russian convict that spent time in Seattle calls Russia the Soviet Union with a slight laugh.  I guess jail isn't a deterrent in Russia just like it isn't here.  In comparison, our jails are violent, dirty and overcrowded.  "The Black Dolphin" is no where near where I'd want to be- geez- if that doesn't stop you from cannibalizing people, nothing will.

I think the Finnish prisons are a playground in comparison to the Russian and American prisons... They have it easy over here! 

I think the Finnish prisons are a playground in comparison to the Russian and American prisons... They have it easy over here! 

Totally off the topic of What are you watching, but I wish the jail/ prison system focused more on rehabilitation vs. punishment.  Here, it just seems like criminals refine their craft and then are released to do worse things.  Isn't it more rehabilitation in Finland?  I think of you guys as so much more open minded there. 

We've started watching Abenobashi: Magical Shopping Arcade, an anime TV series. I've seen five episodes so far (I think) and am enjoying it. Each episode is a parody on a theme, but there's also an actual story going on about the two main characters and the side characters.

We've just gone through the 7 seasons of Prime Suspect.  It's the Jane Tennison series from BBC, not that new, I think it finished in 2006 or 2007.  Absolutely wonderful detective show.  Helen Mirren plays Jane, and as the series wasn't done every year, it's over a 15 year period or so.  Started in 1992 -3 I think.  She plays a character that eventually becomes a Superintendent of police.  The very first female DCI actually.  Great progression, great acting, fantastic stories.  Love it, miss it already! :)

I've started watching The Wire. Anyone seen it and recommend it??

I've watched the first two seasons, and loved it. I would definitely recommend it :smile2: I only watched it because a few good friends recommended it to me. It was totally worth the recs!