The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

Have you seen A Room With A View, Claire? Two of my favourite films :)

Yes, many, many times - it's in my top three favourites of all time.  I absolutely adore it.  I listened to the audio book earlier in the year, and it just made me want to watch the film again, which I have done a couple of times.  Then when we went to our friends in the week, I had to pick the film to watch, and we hadn't seen it for so long, Howard's End jumped off the shelf at me! :D  I think it might be the next audio book I get too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, many, many times - it's in my top three favourites of all time.  I absolutely adore it.  I listened to the audio book earlier in the year, and it just made me want to watch the film again, which I have done a couple of times.  Then when we went to our friends in the week, I had to pick the film to watch, and we hadn't seen it for so long, Howard's End jumped off the shelf at me! :D  I think it might be the next audio book I get too.

When you have the likes of Maggie Smith, Helena Bonham Carter, Emma Thompson, Anthony Hopkins, Vanessa Redgrave, Denholm Elliot ..... to name just a few .....you know you're in for a treat   :yes: 

Interstellar. Wow. Absolutely incredible film, quite possibly my new favourite film of ever!

That's great to hear :)!

Yesterday we rewatched Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope which was very good :). It does feel like a bit of a set up / introduction to further things, so I'm quite looking forward to see Episodes V & VI.

:giggle2:

I'm quite looking forward to see Episodes V & VI.

V... or 2 to people like me, is the best :smile: In my perfect little world, there are only 3 of them.  :smile:  (or, sigh, if I must, 4,5,1,2,3,6)

V... or 2 to people like me, is the best :smile: In my perfect little world, there are only 3 of them.  :smile:  (or, sigh, if I must, 4,5,1,2,3,6)

Hear hear!  :smile:

I hear hear the first, and hear hear the hear hear!  :D

Edited by Chrissy

It started a long time (ago) before you came along!  :P

I suppose that's true :).

I never saw the Star Wars films when I was a child. I saw Episode I first, when I was an older teenager, then Episode II, III, IV, V and VI. Somehow I've seen Episode I several more times than the others (but it's certainly not the best one in my opinion). We're rewatching them now, I had only seen Episodes I - VI once I think. Hopefully we'll be able to watch VI soon. I also have good memories of the video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, by BioWare.

About 30 years ago they did a showing of  the three earlier films, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and The Return of The Jedi, one after the other at what was then known as the Hammersmith Odeon (now the Hammersmith Apollo I think). We went through the doors in daylight and came out into the night. We were given a 20 minute break between the films, and everyone bought food and drinks. The screen was HUGE and the atmosphere was fantastic. A wonderful event. :smile:  

*sigh* now I feel reeeaaallly old.   :D

Interstellar. Wow. Absolutely incredible film, quite possibly my new favourite film of ever!

I went to see this last night and was left stunned and pretty lost for words by the end. There is no denying that there are  plot holes and one scene bothered me, but numerous times during the movie my heart was racing and that rarely happens to me. I am very tempted to go and see it again, something I have never done with a movie before.

I also finally watched Prometheus today and I was less enamoured with it. I felt like it was a bit all over the place and I'm not sure what the point of it all was.

Interstellar is definitely next on my radar (particularly as I'd love to see McConaughey carry on his quite outstanding run of acting performances) and well, Nolan's always worth a watch even if his films tend to be divisive.

As for the Star Wars debate: the original three, and then stop. Should be a crime to watch them in the wrong order, too. :(

Edited by Ben

I went to see this last night and was left stunned and pretty lost for words by the end. There is no denying that there are  plot holes and one scene bothered me, but numerous times during the movie my heart was racing and that rarely happens to me. I am very tempted to go and see it again, something I have never done with a movie before.

Wow, high praise indeed! I might be going to see this on the weekend. Can't wait now!

I watched Saving Mr Banks with my Mum last night. I've seen it before but she hadn't and I knew she'd like it (I was right :)). 

^ You've got just over a year to wait for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

I'm quite curious what they will make of it, I hope it will be nice but because expectations around the world are so high, maybe it'll disappoint. We just have to wait and see, but I'm interested to see it when it's out.

I'd say that expectations are pretty low, at least from the people I've spoken to that love the original three Star Wars films.

Oh.. well I haven't really talked with anyone about it other than my boyfriend, to be honest. Are you interested in seeing it?

I'd have to classify my interest in it as "low" at the moment, as the prequels really blunted my interest in new Star Wars, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were to change once trailers start rolling out.  The fact that it is JJ Abrams writing it and not Lucas is a huge plus already!

Are you interested in seeing it?

I will see it, but the spoilers don't sounds appealing.  I've stopped reading those, as they sounds too silly to actually be the movie.  I hope that isn't the case :unsure:  Hopefully, J.J. Abrams can save it.

Does your boyfriend want to see it?  Seems like he is into them too?