The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

I love Wes anderson films. Have you seen Moonlight Kingdom or The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou? Check them out if you haven't. Very quirky, great cinematogrophy and good humour. Many actors appear in the same films too like Tilda Swinton, Edward Norton and Bill Murray.

I love Tilda, Edward and Bill :) I haven't seen many of his films actually so I will look out for those you mentioned. I think Fantastic Mr Fox is the only other one I've seen and I loved it. The cinematography was stunning in The Grand Budapest Hotel .. it was gorgeous to look at and I loved the dark humour  :) 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Grand Budapest Hotel .. very quirky .. I liked it :) Ralph Fiennes is great.

Saw this with Big Son at a cinema in London . We laughed till we cried. Is it out on DVD yet? That's one of the few I would pay full price for (and not wait for a year for it to half in price as is my usual habit) 

I've just been to see The Equalizer and it was quite subtle compared to what I was expecting, but it also seemed too extreme on the very few violent scenes.

I have seen the first season of the TV series recently and Edward Woodwards portrayal was more of the psychological blackmail type. I did enjoy it though.

The Grand Budapest Hotel .. very quirky .. I liked it :) Ralph Fiennes is great.

Ooh, I loved this too. :)

I watched Kill Your Darlings, which stars Daniel Radcliffe, Michael C Hall and others. It's about the beat generation and the true story of Lucien Carr, a friend of Ginsberg, Kerouac and Burroughs, who killed a mutual friend of theirs. It was reasonably good.

I then watched The Towering Inferno (1974), which I've seen several times before. It's possibly my favourite ever 'disaster' movie. Such an awesome movie with an all-star cast (Newman, McQueen, Holden, Astaire, Dunaway etc.).

I ended up watching Hot Fuzz again last night - brilliant film, the detail is just amazing and you just look in awe at some scenes as the cast is just incredible!  Of the three Cornetto trilogy films, I think this is the best, but OH is sticking with Shaun of the Dead, which I also love, but this one just edges it for me. :D

fury.jpg

Lots of Brad Pitt, lots of tanks!

I am going to see this tuesday at the cinema! Anna I like that you like boy films. This film has Tiger 131 from Bovington museum in it. It is the only running Tiger1 tank in existence (I have touched this tank!) lovingly rebuilt by enthusiasts over many years. The "Tiger" tanks in Saving Private Ryan and Kelly's Heroes are actually clever mock ups based on a Russian T34 tank chassis. This one is the real beast! It was captured in Tunisia in 1943.

Brad Pitt's Sherman is a late model M4A3E8 with the 76mm gun.This is correct for the very end of the war, and this model went on to be used in Korea. I am so looking forward to this film!  It will be a total Tankgasm for me.

Edited by vodkafan

I am going to see this tuesday at the cinema! Anna I like that you like boy films. This film has Tiger 131 from Bovington museum in it. It is the only running Tiger1 tank in existence (I have touched this tank!) lovingly rebuilt by enthusiasts over many years. The "Tiger" tanks in Saving Private Ryan and Kelly's Heroes are actually clever mock ups based on a Russian T34 tank chassis. This one is the real beast! It was captured in Tunisia in 1943.

Brad Pitt's Sherman is a late model M4A3E8 with the 76mm gun.This is correct for the very end of the war, and this model went on to be used in Korea. I am so looking forward to this film!  It will be a total Tankgasm for me.

Interesting, I don't think of tanks when I think of Korea.  It was a good movie, lots about the tanks, so you will definitely have a tankgasm :D Logan Lerman was terrific and so was Brad Pitt.  And ya, I like boy films  :P  We have a dog, Rio "Sherman T" because he is such a tank!

Went to see 'What we did on our holiday' yesterday with a friend....it was very good. The 3 kids in it made the film and their banter with Billy Connolly was brilliant...laughed most of the way through it.

Det enda rationella, a Swedish movie. From IMDB: "A quartet of sterling performances from some of Sweden's top actors (including the wonderful Pernille August) anchors Jorgen Bergmark's tragicomedy about a marriage counseling couple who find themselves in deep water when the husband falls for his best friend's wife. A smart, funny film made for adults."

Pretty good, although not as good as I'd hoped. 

Edited by frankie

I ended up watching Hot Fuzz again last night - brilliant film, the detail is just amazing and you just look in awe at some scenes as the cast is just incredible!  Of the three Cornetto trilogy films, I think this is the best, but OH is sticking with Shaun of the Dead, which I also love, but this one just edges it for me. :D

I agree with you, Hot Fuzz is so good!

I just saw Fury. I wasn't very impressed. The film had no sort of heart in it unlike Saving Private Ryan or some others I could name. Brad Pitt's character actually made no sense he would say and act one way in some scenes and then seem to have the complete opposite motivation in the next scene. All rather pointless. And what upset me the most the tank tactics were completely wrong. Like the filmmakers hadn't done the most basic research. Very disappointed. :negative:

I think it is kind of an insult to people who  did fight through the war and did their best to remain as moral as they could under the circumstances.