The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tomorrow, a day ahead of the official release of Mockingjay, a local cinema will be showing Hunger Games, Catching Fire and then Mockingjay all as one package ticket!  I get to go and am so excited!   :exc:

Very cool, Anna!

I hope you have lots of fun :exc:! Do tell us what you thought of the film(s) when you're back :).

Ok... I will say Mockingjay is just as good as Hunger Games and Catching Fire.  I sat straight up in my seat with my knuckles to my mouth for about 1/3 of the movie.  Lots of Finnick and Gale  :wub: , no surprise as the movie follows the book closely, just like with the other two.

The 3 movie marathon in the cinema, was really fun!  I thought by the middle of Catching Fire I'd be weary and be wanting to go, but nope!  I hung on through 8 hours of Hunger Games with 2 intermissions! 

Oh- and I feel the need to add- LionsGate showed their sorry excuse for an Insurgent trailer... :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ql1T41Jw5U  )

Edited by Anna Begins

I'm so glad you liked Mockingjay Part 1, Anna :)!

The more I think about it, the more I like it.  IMO, it fits the cannon so perfectly.

Edit- and the more I like JL.

Edited by Anna Begins

This was on the short-list on our last cinema visit but I couldn't turn my nose up at Interstellar, really. I am definitely looking forward to catching The Imitation Game - probably next - though, as me and the girlfriend (her more) are big fans of Benedict Cumberbatch.

Edited by Ben

This was on the short-list on our last cinema visit but I couldn't turn my nose up at Interstellar, really. I am definitely looking forward to catching The Imitation Game - probably next - though, as me and the girlfriend (her more) are big fans of Benedict Cumberbatch.

Have fun :)! I think he's a talented actor.

I  hadn't read this thread for a while, so didn't see until now the posts regarding Interstellar

We went to see it today, and WOWEE!!!!!!!  Magnificent.  Just gorgeous.  Edge of the seat, tension most of the way through.

I have one question for those that have seen it.......

How did he get his daughter's watch to do the Morse Code bit?

I do want to see it again.  Those Nolan boys!  I'm debating as to whether this one is better than Inception or not.......I suppose I'll just have to watch that again too. :cool:   And Memento.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Take one green girl, an 80's reject, a tattoo fan, a tree and a raccoon and what have you got?  A film that shouldn't work on paper that, surprisingly, does!  Felt a lot like Star Wars meets Firefly with a bit of Farscape thrown in.  Very enjoyable.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Take one green girl, an 80's reject, a tattoo fan, a tree and a raccoon and what have you got?  A film that shouldn't work on paper that, surprisingly, does!  Felt a lot like Star Wars meets Firefly with a bit of Farscape thrown in.  Very enjoyable.

I'm glad you liked this :). I'll be watching it in a while.

it's going to be a birthday present for my boyfriend.

Guardians of the Galaxy.  I've enjoyed some of the Marvel films so far but never really loved any of them, until now.  If only the Star Wars prequels had contained half as much character, heart, and fun as GotG!  Marvellous  :D  :giggle2:

I'm a big fan of most of the Marvel films too, but Guardians of the Galaxy never really looked like one I'd enjoy. Considering it's rave reviews I should probably get around to it.