Books that made you cry

Fiona

Oooh, my first post!

The only book that's evermade me cry was A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry

It follows the lives of a number of people in Bombay, and their ups and downs. Just when you think they're getting on their feet, there's another knockback, but you're willing them to overcome it

One of my all time favourite books

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't take much these days to make me blub!!

'Tuesday's with Morrie' and 'Five people you meet in heaven' were both amazing and I cried because I loved them so.

'Hannah's Gift' because it was such a heartbreaking mother's story.

I loved being moved to that extent by a book, although I love films, i think it's so much more powerfull to be moved by someones words and your own imagination.

Oooh, my first post!

The only book that's evermade me cry was A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry

It follows the lives of a number of people in Bombay, and their ups and downs. Just when you think they're getting on their feet, there's another knockback, but you're willing them to overcome it

One of my all time favourite books

A Fine Balance is a brilliant novel, very sad.

Welcome to the forum by the way!:D

There are a couple books which have made me cry, for different reasons. A place to call home, by Deborah Smith made me cry the first time I read it because it is a great story & made me a bit homesick. Chicken Soup for the Canadian Soul - there are various stories in there that always make me cry.

The only book that made me teared would be when

Dumbledore

died in the Harry Potter's 6th Series. Pretty amazing how I got entangled into that series when I wrongly assumed it to be too childish initially.

Edited by Nici
Added spoilers. You could see who died by just reading the post.

• 4 weeks later...

The Knitting Circle - Ann Hood was the last one to start me off. Its about a knitting group who use knitting to counteract their grief.

The Time Traveller Wife was the worst. It took me ages to get through it as I'd just turned into a sobbing wreck. My OH kept coming home to find me in bits. Its one of my favourites, but it just tore me apart reading it. I just don't know how the film will do it justice.