How Many in your TBR Pile

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodness.....about 50 ish (?!) I've got a plan drawn up for the summer of about a book per week so I should get through a good few before I get back to uni. (Fingers crossed!) New books are just too tempting! :lol:

My TBR is growing daily - I think I have book buying disease (BBD) :lol: At a rough guess I would say I have about 130 in my TBR mountain and about 700 on my wishlist :lol:

My TBR is growing daily - I think I have book buying disease (BBD) :lol: At a rough guess I would say I have about 130 in my TBR mountain and about 700 on my wishlist :lol:

And I thought I should become a member of (BAA) Book addiction anonymous. It could be that BBD is quite widespread, although unfortunately my children seem to be immune to anything to do with books!

And I thought I should become a member of (BAA) Book addiction anonymous. It could be that BBD is quite widespread, although unfortunately my children seem to be immune to anything to do with books!

I would say BBD is definitely quite widespread, especially on this forum :lol: Maybe your children will come down with BBD when they get older, my nephews and niece never really read much until they hit their mid-teens.

Unfortunately, I add books to the list at a much higher rate than I actually read books.

Same here!

I try not to get to bogged down with a list of books to read. Since joining this club, however, with all the fasinating book reviews i keep reading, i now have a very small mental list of about 10(ish). I know their are loads of books i would love to read, as i see them advertised all the time, but i just try to concentrate on what i'm reading and enjoying now.

I was in Waterstone's today and came out with ...... nothing. :lol: Can you believe it? Nothing! .. I must be coming down with something :lol:

Me too! Not only did I manage to escape Waterstone's without a purchase, but also an Oxfam bookshop as well. (Although I suspect it was only because they didn't have the books I wanted :D)

I was in Waterstone's today and came out with ...... nothing. :D Can you believe it? Nothing! .. I must be coming down with something :lol:

The same thing happened when I visited a bookstore, today. There were plenty of books I wanted, though... It's just that I'm very, very broke and couldn't buy anything... :lol:

Oh my Charm! Did you at least come out with an extended wishlist?

Not even a bookmark :lol:

(Although I suspect it was only because they didn't have the books I wanted ;))

In my case I suspect it was cause my OH was with me, he really doesn't mind waiting but I hate looking under pressure :D

It's just that I'm very, very broke and couldn't buy anything... :)

This is also a factor in my case :lol:

In my case I suspect it was cause my OH was with me, he really doesn't mind waiting but I hate looking under pressure :lol:

I'm the same, Michael doesn't mind waiting for a while, but he just follows me and stares intently, freaks me out a bit :lol: I usually send him off to look for a book haha

Archie isn't too bad, he will generally look at some stuff himself then come and find me when he's done...last time he even persuaded me to buy more books!

My pile is I think 11 books now, not bad at all, I'm waiting until I'm in single figures until I'm allowed something new