How Many in your TBR Pile

More than I could ever imagine .... and they're painful. I was pulling a book out of the top shelf last night and one toppled out and hit me in the chest. It wasn't a short paperback - oh no! It was the complete works of Shakespeare
Awww you poor thing, are you ok :)? *tells Billy off*.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww you poor thing, are you ok :)? *tells Billy off*.

Thank you for your kind comments BJ:) Yes, it does hurt a bit, it caught me on the breastbone and it is a big heavy book so it feels a bit tender. But I'll survive:D I've since relegated "Billy" to the bottom shelf.

• 3 weeks later...

How many books to you keep on the to be read (TBR) bookshelf?

Do you limit the number of TBR book you obtain?

I usually try not to keep more than 30 paperbacks waiting on my to be read shelf.

I have a very small house (by US standards) & it's so easy to let the TBR books get out of control & mound up.

What do you do?

I'm terribly impulsive when I buy books but I try not to keep more than 10 or so that I haven't read. If there is one I just can't seem to read I take it to a used book store in town.

Since I live in a small apartment (by both us and European standards! :lol:) I try to keep my shelves cleaned up. As it sits now I have 2 full book shelves and am half doubled up on the space. I only have about 4 or 5 that I haven't read at the moment but that is mostly because I just recieved a new package in the mail Monday from Barnes and Noble.

I only am allowed - by the Imperial High Command - to read one book at a time! :D

Since we are both teachers, who could open a school with just us as faculty, and since I have many more books than my wife (i.e. the Imperial High Command), our "vast archives" have reached a point where, if I buy a book, I have to take one out of the house to school, or give it away, or throw it away! :lol:

So my classroom is fairly full of books!

Moral:

Beware when bibliophilia leads to bibliomania! :D

I've merged this thread with the original TBR thread, since they're very similar questions.

As for me, I definitely don't limit myself to anything, and I probably have about 60-80 books in my TBR pile right now. My Wish List is even longer! :lol:

*Puts hands over ears and starts singing in monotone "You can't make me count them"*

I have no idea at present, and I don't plan on finding out ~ it would scare me too much, especially as all I can think about at the moment is all the books I want to get in the New Year! :lol:

Umm...

*does quick calculation*

Way too many. :D

Actually, there's only about four hundred that I haven't so much as opened since I bought them, but I keep buying more. Every. Single. Day. My body is going to be discovered months after I disappear, buried under a small mountain of unread books. The spare room in nearly full now...

Usually I don't allow myself to buy more books until my TBR pile is at less than 10, so it keeps quite in control. Usually I only buy about 3 at once too so it rarely gets beyond 12, it's only if I get given a lot of books.

:D I thought I was bad, I feel a little better now!

On my bookshelf I have 8 unread (never been more than 15).

I have one that should be on its way in the post.

And about 3 million on my amazon wishlist!

I've asked for a couple for xmas but other than that Im determined to get through my unread pile before ordering anymore.

• 10 months later...

At the moment I'm trying desperately to keep my TBR pile under 600. :D

<sigh> ^ That was written 11 months ago, and now I'm trying desperatly to get it down to 700. The total number on my TBR pile is 717.