How Many in your TBR Pile

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just counted and I have 23 books on my TBR shelf. It's been pretty stagnant recently since I've been doing a lot of reading for university, but I've decided I'm going make time to read things not related to my course.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In all fairness frankie, I think most if us blame Kylie! :lol:

I know there are a number of book logs I have to actively avoid when I'm a bit poor ~ some reviews just cry out and insist on a purchase. Why can't I be happy with a wishlist instead?

OK, I'm going to do a very quick cursory count on the books in this room, right now that are awaiting my time....187 I can see from where I'm sitting in this little room. I haven't included the hardcover classics upstairs that I plan on explorin, nor the books on the shelves in the room next to this one that I want to read for the first time. *GULP*

That is as far as I am prepared to go with counting what I cosider to be the uncountable! Adding them together only leads to lost mojos and frantic choosing. :wink:

I know there are a number of book logs I have to actively avoid when I'm a bit poor ~ some reviews just cry out and insist on a purchase. Why can't I be happy with a wishlist instead?

Because it's not funny anymore when your wishlist is getting longer and longer, soon rivaling with mount TBR in numbers. TBR needs to be bigger. It's got an ego.

Hey, I'm right here ya know! I can see you talking about me. :P

And I will have you know that Frankie has been the worst (best?) influence on my TBR pile this year. She kept egging me on to buy more and more books and then kept giving me loads more books as she finished reading them. There are many other culprits too, but unlike some people, I won't shame them in a public forum. :P

My TBR has gone over 800. That's all I have to say about that.

• 1 year later...

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

"My TBR was at a little over 200 books at the beginning of this year, and now that I've read over 100 books this year, I'm standing at 364 or so."

And I thought that was bad. Now currently at 556 or so. :rolleyes: