Dan Brown - Angels & Demons

Kell

Author: Dan Brown

ISBN # 0552150738

Although not quite so well-known or talked-about as The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons is now being more widely publicised along with the rest of the Brown back-catalogue - & rightly so.

Angels & Demons, like Da Vinci, features Robert Langdon as the lead character

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Thoroughly enjoying this book and I think I know who the guilty parties are! This book seems to 'flow' a bit better than Da Vinci! In the first 1/4 I did haze over with some of the phsics but managed to hold in there - to the point that the concept of scientists meddling with new matter put the fear of God into me - especially in today's turbulent world.

I do agree with the comments above regarding Vittoria - her character could be developed further and have more depth

All in all an enjoyable read so far :D

• 5 weeks later...

I enjoyed this book more than the Da Vinci Code, but thought the ending was laughably unbelievable. I think these books will make great films or even TV series - lots of drama, lots of tension, and a cliff-hanger at the end of each chapter.

I enjoyed this book more than the Da Vinci Code, but thought the ending was laughably unbelievable. I think these books will make great films or even TV series - lots of drama, lots of tension, and a cliff-hanger at the end of each chapter.

But hey I forgave him!! The rest was worth the ending really and I was dragged along with him!

I also enjoyed this one more than the Da Vinci and would rereas this one far more readily! The ending was a bit of a let down but would lend itself easily to a film.

I found that I did not want to put down this one whereas with the other one I kept putting it down to digest the ideas!

• 1 month later...

They are strikingly similar, but Angels & Demons (which is the prequel to Da Vinci) was slightly better, I thought. It seems to be the case, though, that all the female characters in Dan Brown's books cuold be swappd over, as they're all practically te same character.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't read any Dan Brown books (yeah, I'm the only one left)

Not quite - I read a couple of pages of The Da Vinci Code, and never got back to it. I keep thinking I should, so I can form my own opinion, but I haven't gotten there yet....

I read The Da Vinci Code and since I got both TDVC and Angels and Demons in the fancy illustrated editions as a Christmas present, I did try to read A&D too.

But the story was exactly the same. I kept wondering if such-and-such would happen in A&D just as it did in TDVC (yeah, I know A&D was written first), thinking it surely wouldn't be that identical, but it did, and it was. So I gave up after a hundred pages and just looked at the pretty pictures. :wink:

I did think that despite the "laughingly unbelievable" (to quote someone earlier in this thread) plots of both of them, TDVC, which I finished, was an easy read, and it did "flow" quite well. But whilst I am a big rereader, I couldn't imagine rereading any of Dan Brown's stuff because the story is spoilt.

• 2 years later...

I read The Da Vinci Code some time ago, and enjoyed it well enough. I read

Dan Brown's Angels And Demons this past weekend.

In both cases I found them well paced and easy to read.

Kell's review is spot on, and I could definitiely recommend both books as an easy read.

I bought Angels and Demons from a charity shop a few weeks ago but haven't started it yet. I liked the DaVinci Code but didn't think it lived up to the hype.

Me too. I also saw 'The DaVinci Code in a charity shop yesterday but didn't lift one. Think I will next time though. I've seen the movie and quite liked it but haven't read the book. I'd like to someday though. :roll:

I bought Angels and Demons from a charity shop a few weeks ago but haven't started it yet. I liked the DaVinci Code but didn't think it lived up to the hype.

Push it up the list, haha, it's not a bad read! :roll:

I have Digital Fortress and I have to say it's a bit dull...Deception Point sounds quite good though!

I found it dragged a bit too. Deception Point was better, but Angels and Demons is the only Dan Brown book that I thought was good. :)