What's the weather like?

Virginia

Mid morning onwards there's been torrential rain, thunder and lightning; mid afternoon a sort of watery sun. Who knows for this evening!

I have a sick pigeon wandering around the garden, broken wing. I couldn't bear to see it sitting out in the rain, hunched against a fence. Loads of better places to shelter. So I've put it in our little summer house and it's sitting on a perch and it's dried out. The door is open but it doesn't seem to want to go out - probably knows the rain is on its way again.

So it's dark and as I sit here typing this I can hear the swish of cars driving past in the rain.

Almost seems like autumn is on the way, a couple of months early.

That sounds so lovely!

Here's it's been really warm, and alternating between bright and clear and dull and overcast. Relentlessly humid and warm at all times, though.

Yesterday it was relatively warm, but it was rainy. We were lucky, we were out but on several occasions we happened to just missed the rain by being inside a shop or in the train. Today it's quite a bit colder, it's rainy (I got rained on during our dog walk) and it's much more cloudy than yesterday. It's a bit windy too. It feels like autumn weather, except that it's a bit warmer than usually in autumn.

I must admit I don't look to see what the weather is supposed to be doing, I look out the window and take it from there. 

Well after all that rain yesterday it has not been too bad today,

It didn't stop raining all morning here. I had to walk over to the university and ended up having to go in the rain because it wouldn't let up even for five minutes! It did stop for when I was walking home at least, so that's something. Raining again now. It's like November, but still very humid!