What's the weather like?

Virginia

Today was Winter in Ireland, 5/6 degrees. Back up to 12 tomorrow. Since yesterday we've had very high winds and heavy rain and hail. Yesterday the wind tore the paper bags I was carrying, at the handles. Got soaked yesterday and today! Wish the rain would stop at least.

They predict it will get colder by the end of the week, 5 °C maximum. It's still allright for now, maybe it's 11 °C or such maximum. Not really looking forward to the colder weather. But no snow has been predicted, yet. Some bits of rain, but nowhere near as bad as the UK's been having.

Beautiful day here in Surrey! Lovely dog walk and got a few outside jobs done, Steve even had to cut the grass last week as it is still growing, plus there are flies and bees around, the weather is very confused at present! I do feel for those in Northern England that are having to deal with terrible rains and flooding, more on the way apparently tomorrow. :(

Yes, it's really bad in some parts of the world, Chalie.  I hope it clears up soon for the north of England!  There have been at least 50 deaths here due to weather in the middle and south of the US.  Tornadoes and lots of flooding too :(.

We had such a lovely day yesterday, dry, a bit cloudy but by the night time, the winds had got up rattling the fencing, and today the wind has not dropped and it is now raining.

It is very scary being out in the car in those winds. 

Still feel for all those that are flooded though.  We are just praying that the Severn and the Avon don't overflow.  The fields around us, the water levels have already started to rise.

The temperature seems to be dropping today, and feels like we might put the fire on tonight.  Thankfully it's not raining today - I was out yesterday and got caught in a torrential downpour and was soaked to the skin within a minute.  Unfortunately, there's heavy rain forecast over the next couple of days.  Fingers crossed no-one gets any more flooding.

Yesterday was gorgeous and last night was lovely and clear. Back to the relentless wind and rain again today. Ireland is actually going to be entirely submerged at this stage. There's a small town a bit north of my city which has had 7 feet of water in parts of its streets. Theres a photo of a bus stop shelter, and all you can see is the top of the roof and the top of the stop signs, the rest is under a river of water.

Colder today, bit of rain this afternoon but nothing much, although the cold wind is back.  Manages a nice walk this morning though.

I didn't know Ireland was having floods as well, that hasn't been reported at all here.  Hope you stay dry Nollaig.