What's the weather like?

Virginia

Cold, snowy and windy. We got 6 inches of snow yesterday and tomorrow the high is only going to be -3 f (I think that's about -19 or -20 c). I'm planning just to stay inside this weekend with books, blankets and the cat. 

Yes .. it's raining .. will it ever stop!?! Fed up of seeing our road kerb deep in water. The car is forever parked in a puddle and the gutter is either flooded or full of muddy sludge which treads in the house, especially if you have to fetch things from the boot. I know people have it FAR, FAR, worse but it's relentlessly depressing at the moment. 

My coat's not waterproof (though it's one of those shower macs you pack in a little bag) and my boots aren't waterproof and I just bought a bag for Christmas which I found out yesterday .. is not waterproof. Arghhhhhh! The house is getting damp too and I'm worried for the basement which has flooded before. It's the first year I've noticed the tell tale signs of snails down there! 

I agree with you about  the rain poppyshake, it rained most of Saturday, fairly dry yesterday then started again sometime last night and rained most of the night, although it's stopped for now. The garden is like a bog and my car is taking in water, not sure where it's coming in, I assume it must be through the door somehow but will have to take it in, the carpet and mat are absolutely saturated.

It's 3f here today, which is -16c for you guys! :lol:  It's not really funny but sometimes you just have to laugh!

That's incredibly cold :cold:!! Are you okay?

The lowest we got this last week was around -20 f  ( -29 c)! (Athena, I don't live *too* far from Peace. We're both stuck in the frozen tundra, heh) 

Today was surprisingly nice, though! Some of the snow melted and the icy roads cleared up a bit, but tomorrow we're getting more of the white junk so it may be short-lived!

The lowest we got this last week was around -20 f  ( -29 c)! (Athena, I don't live *too* far from Peace. We're both stuck in the frozen tundra, heh) 

Today was surprisingly nice, though! Some of the snow melted and the icy roads cleared up a bit, but tomorrow we're getting more of the white junk so it may be short-lived!

-29 is crazy cold, Abby!  You guys need more trees up there to break some of that wind, lol.  

It's 20f here right now, yippee!

We've finally got real Winter here. Low single digits (celsius) and minus figures coming up, with several inches of snow in lots of places in the northern half of the country. Being in a southern port city I probably won't see any of it, but there has been ice here. Today, heading home early from work, I was walking up the hill to go to the pharmacy and one part of the pavement on a four-way junction was completely slick - it was highly amusing to see people jog across the road, land down on that part and skid along on one foot hehe. Nobody fell, I wouldn't laugh if they did :D

Snowy, cold as heck. I need to move. Its -22 f (-30 c) here right now and tonight the wind chills will be -40 f (and c... its the same!) 

I saw the snow pics of the UK  :giggle: It always makes me giggle when people get so excited about it elsewhere.

No snow here but I'm a little miffed at the weather person. It should have been about 60f but it is barely 45'f. And rainy. Went to church in the icy drizzle with 5 little people in thick coats and car seats that don' t like the coats. Ugh. Nasty weather is lovely when one doesn't have to go out and now that we're all nice, dry and cozy at home, let whatever happens happen.