Read-a-thon - (2013-2015)

Athena

OMG I loved Personal!  It's the very latest one I'm I think it came out in August) and has been one of the best Reacher's in awhile.  I think he'll love it!

Anna, Personal was a huge hit! He loved that it was signed (bonus points!) and he read it all in one sitting. :) It was his absolute favorite thing that he received.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anna, Personal was a huge hit! He loved that it was signed (bonus points!) and he read it all in one sitting. :) It was his absolute favorite thing that he received.

I am so glad!  I was changing my avatar when I just now saw the thread bumped up by you, I was hoping it was an update :)  Don't you just love giving the gift of books :wub: Well Done! 

I will still be out of school so a read-a-thon next weekend will be perfect! It seems like breaks from school are the only times I'm really capable of spending time on here or even reading at all  :giggle2:

I will still be out of school so a read-a-thon next weekend will be perfect! It seems like breaks from school are the only times I'm really capable of spending time on here or even reading at all  :giggle2:

I have to say that I agree with that! I can't believe it's next weekend, though! I have been sick most of December, so it really went by in a blur.

I do have several books in mind already that will be perfect for the read-a-thon: the second book in the Brilliance set, The Rosie Effect (I believe it will be released by then :/ ) and The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Gaiman to name a few.

I hope you'll have some fun reading :)!

I do have several books in mind already that will be perfect for the read-a-thon: the second book in the Brilliance set, The Rosie Effect (I believe it will be released by then :/ ) and The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Gaiman to name a few.

I hope you enjoy whichever one(s) you choose :)! I really liked The Ocean at the End of the Lane. The Rosie Effect is on my wishlist, I plan to read that soon after I buy the paperback version once it's out.

Anna, what do you plan to read?

I plan to read some library books and some books I own.

Owned books:

Jeffrey Archer - Four Warned (QuickReads)

Ann M. Martin - The BabySitter's Club 24: Kristy and the Mother's Day Surprise

Simon de Waal and A. C. Baantjer - De Waal & Baantjer 8: Een Wolf in Schaapskleren

Nagaru Tanigawa and Noizi Ito - The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan 6: Volume 6

Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 2: Fantasia II: De Speurtocht naar Geluk (Alla Ricerca Della Felicità)

Veronica Hazelhoff and Joep Bertrams - Maartje 2: Hierzo!

Veronica Hazelhoff and Joep Bertrams - Maartje 3: Auww!

I might read some of these library books (or I might read some before the read-a-thon, or not at all):

G. Mikes - How to Be an Alien

Chris Riddell - Goth Girl 1: Goth Girl and the Ghost of a Mouse

Lucy Hawking and Stephen Hawking - George's Secret Key to the Universe

Liz Pichon - Tom Gates 3: Everything's Amazing (Sort of)

Liz Pichon - Tom Gates 4: Genius Ideas (Mostly)

Maybe these library books if I get around to them and feel like reading them:

Paul Magrs - Exchange

Brandon Sanderson - Alcatraz 1: Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians

Brandon Sanderson - Alcatraz 4: Alcatraz versus the Shattered Lens

Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler - The Future of Us (Dutch translation)

Hopefully I will have finished Wuthering Heights by time the read-a-thon rolls around. If so, I plan on reading a Jodi Picoult short story I got for free on my kindle. After that I will probably be reading Picoult or Grisham books. If I can get to the libary, I've been wanting to re-read Harry Poter so this might be a great time to start. 

Is it Where There's Smoke? I haven't read that one yet, do let me know what you think if you read it. I've read the first few Harry Potter books for read-a-thons, I think they're good for it :).

Yep that's the one! I'll definitely let you know how it goes. 

I was thinking that would be the case with Harry Potter. Somewhat mindless reading and it will be nice to refresh my memory on the plot. It was 8 or 9 years ago that I read the first few for the first time.  :o

Yep that's the one! I'll definitely let you know how it goes. 

I was thinking that would be the case with Harry Potter. Somewhat mindless reading and it will be nice to refresh my memory on the plot. It was 8 or 9 years ago that I read the first few for the first time.  :o

I hope you enjoy it and look forward to hear what you think :). If you do read a Harry Potter book, I hope you enjoy it, too :).

Today's Thursday, right? I'm completely confused with the days because of the holidays. Tomorrow's Friday, right? Awesome! I've managed to get the flu and so I'll just stay on the couch and read and read and read!

Yes, Thursday today, read-a-thon starts tomorrow. How funny! I've been struggling with thinking today is Wednesday! :) I'm so sorry you're ill, but I'm glad you have an excuse to do nothing but read. I hope you get well soon!

Yes, Thursday today, read-a-thon starts tomorrow. How funny! I've been struggling with thinking today is Wednesday! :) I'm so sorry you're ill, but I'm glad you have an excuse to do nothing but read. I hope you get well soon!

I was initially thinking it's Friday, but I've thought about it being Wednesday, too. For some reason not Thursday :D 

Thanks dtrpath! It's not the worst flu ever, I don't have a high fever or anything, so that's good, but I definitely need the rest. Definitely a great excuse to just read :D 

I was initially thinking it's Friday, but I've thought about it being Wednesday, too. For some reason not Thursday :D

Thanks dtrpath! It's not the worst flu ever, I don't have a high fever or anything, so that's good, but I definitely need the rest. Definitely a great excuse to just read :D

I had this same feeling yesterday.

I hope you feel better soon, Frankie :flowers2: and that you enjoy some rest and reading :).

Yes I'm about 64% into 'It' so I should be able to finish this during the read-a-thon I hope.

Good luck! It's such a massive book (but so good). I hope you enjoy reading the rest of it :).

Happy read-a-thon-ing, everyone :readingtwo:! I'm going to start by reading the two short books that are due at the library tomorrow, George Mikes - How to Be an Alien and Chris Riddell - Goth Girl 1: Goth Girl and the Ghost of a Mouse. After not reading much the past two weeks and not really feeling like it, I'm quite excited to read some books now :readingtwo:.

I had this same feeling yesterday.

It was a great epidemy then, wasn't it :D

I hope you feel better soon, Frankie :flowers2: and that you enjoy some rest and reading :).

Thanks Athena! :smile2: I've just woken up and had breakfast and I'm feeling groggy but it's always the worst in the morning. I expect to start feeling better in a few hours :) I had coffee yesterday evening so that's a positive sign! I can never drink coffee if I'm really, really sick.

Have a happy read-a-thon everyone!  :readingtwo:   I think I'm going to try and write more of them 2014 read books reviews first but I'll def be reading later on! 

For once I have absolutely nothing on my plate for the read-a-thon weekend, but I'm feeling rather depressed and just can't focus on reading. :( Hopefully I'll get some reading done in the next couple of days.

For once I have absolutely nothing on my plate for the read-a-thon weekend, but I'm feeling rather depressed and just can't focus on reading. :( Hopefully I'll get some reading done in the next couple of days.

:hug:   Do you have any cataloguing or shelving to do? Rearranging? That might take your mind off things and you might find a book that you could get into. An old favorite might work, or maybe something non-fiction. Or just a book with pictures! Maybe poetry? Shelly Shilvershtein?