20 pages of If On a Winter's Night a Traveller by Italo Calvino

20 pages of The Twins at St Clare's by Enid Blyton

Saturday: 113 pages of The Twins at St Clare's

53 pages of If On a Winter's Night a Traveller

119 pages of The Hourglass Factory

Sunday: 20 pages of The Twins at St Clare's

98 pages of The Hourglass Factory

63 pages of If On a Winter's Night a Traveller

Total pages read: 557. One book finished .. but that was The Twin's at St Clare's so the easiest one. Took me twice as long to read a page of If on a Winter's Night a Traveller as it did the other two .. it's a mind boggle  :blush2: 

Easter weekend will be a busy one for me .. I think I'm visiting my Mum and Dad but in any case, I'll be away I think or visiting so doubt I'll get much time for reading. 

Hope everyone had fun and enjoyed their reading :) I enjoyed most of mine :D  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three books at once! That's quite a feat :).

I hope you have fun visiting your parents Kay :). If there is another weekend that would suit you better and if you are interested, feel free to suggest it.

Edited by Athena

Total pages read: 557. One book finished .. but that was The Twin's at St Clare's so the easiest one. Took me twice as long to read a page of If on a Winter's Night a Traveller as it did the other two .. it's a mind boggle  :blush2: 

That's some awesome reading there!  I was just going to say the other day "ooohhhh- tough read a thon with the Winter's Night a Traveller :smile: Good for you, not letting it ruin your read a thon!

Total this read-a-thon: 10h 25 mins, 2446 pages, 11 books read

The next read-a-thon will in principle take place on Fri-Sat-Sun the 3rd, 4th and 5th of April, which is the Easter weekend. I don't know if this is good timing for people or not. The 6th is Second Easter Day here, I don't know if that's a thing for people from other countries? It's an official day off here, next to First Easter Day on the Sunday. How would the timing of this weekend suit other people?

I love reading.

Wow- that's totally amazing!  I don't know about Easter, I will be off of school the 3rd through the 10th (we get "Spring Break", a week off), but during the read a thon, on Easter, I know I will be busy most of the day, so that knocks me out a day.

I know, I do too, yesterday was quite agreeable.  I loved finishing I, Zombie.  :readingtwo: 

If there is another weekend that would suit you better and if you are interested, feel free to suggest it.

I'd pick April 10th, 11th and 12th, if we do March 28th, 29th and 30th, it seems to close to this one.

I'd pick April 10th, 11th and 12th, if we do March 28th, 29th and 30th, it seems to close to this one.

The end of March seems too close to now, to me too (a lot of to-too in there), with just having had two read-a-thons, kind of.

It's a shame you can't make it for Easter, but it does make sense.

I guess we don't normally really celebrate Easter anymore nowadays, in my family, though we used to when I was younger. Although I do usually make Easter bread and we have an Easter brunch (on Sunday and Monday), I could do that this year again maybe.

We'll have to think about when to have the read-a-thon then, when it suits people and such. I don't have anything big planned for April 10-12 as far as I know at the moment, so I would be available that weekend, to do the read-a-thon.

Yeah I wouldn't be able to do easter weekend either. I will be in Florida the whole week before on Vacation and then Easter day we have a meal as a family. I do have that monday off. We don't call it second easter, we just say easter monday  :smile:

Three books at once! That's quite a feat :).

I hope you have fun visiting your parents Kay :). If there is another weekend that would suit you better and if you are interested, feel free to suggest it.

Thanks Gaia :) Weekends are difficult now, Alan works them. In theory this should make it easier but I always do the chores then so am usually up to my eyes in ironing, dusting and stripping beds etc. I didn't get them all done this week :blush2: but it was nice to have a good read  :smile:  

That's some awesome reading there!  I was just going to say the other day "ooohhhh- tough read a thon with the Winter's Night a Traveller :smile: Good for you, not letting it ruin your read a thon! 

Totally tough read  :blush2: I feel I've done it an injustice .. it should be read alone definitely and not interspersed with other books (but then .. breaking off like that .. totally in keeping with the story :D) I've just got it left to read now after finishing off The Hourglass Factory this morning so will give it some concentration and see if I can't make it out any better :D 

Such a shame as the Easter weekend will be the first weekend I could have made the read-a-thon for a while.  I was hoping to be able to join in again, but if no-one's going to be around, I'll just have to be a billy-no-mates on my own. :giggle2:

:D I might be able to join you! 

Not too sure how many pages I managed to read but it must have been in the region of 600 and covered 3 books. My reading mojo seems to be really high at the moment, long may it continue.

Great :D! I'm glad you're enjoying your reading :).

I'm available on both weekends (Easter weekend and April 10-12), so I'm not sure yet what to do now :unsure:.

Edited by Athena

I can do Easter weekend, its just that Sunday will be a slow, if non existent reading day for me.  I can always try to read after the day's festivities are over, although I will probably be worn out!  I think we are having two egg hunts this year.

I can do Easter weekend, its just that Sunday will be a slow, if non existent reading day for me.  I can always try to read after the day's festivities are over, although I will probably be worn out!  I think we are having two egg hunts this year.

I hope you have fun :).

Well, it looks like most people can make it on Easter weekend then. So in principle I think it's best to have it then seeing as most are okay with that (since it's the original dates), though of course anyone else feel free to post if you're interested and haven't posted yet. It's still a few weeks away so it's not "set in stone" yet or anything.

:D I might be able to join you!

I might not be on my own after all then! :D I think I'll be going back to my jar for my book picks by then, so it'll be interesting to see what I end up reading …  :o 

I might not be on my own after all then! :D I think I'll be going back to my jar for my book picks by then, so it'll be interesting to see what I end up reading …  :o 

Something good hopefully :)! Are all your TBR books in your jar?

I'll be reading the usual BabySitter's Club book, the last De Waal & Baantjer book that's currently out and another Donald Duck comic. Then I hope to have borrowed a lot of nice reads from the library, such as ones from Stilton. Obviously I'll borrow them close to the read-a-thon since if I borrow them now I'd have to hand them in before the read-a-thon starts, so I'll be able to make a list closer to April in a couple of weeks.

Scary that we are already talking about April!

Well, part of that is because of me, because I need to plan ahead :blush2:. But the year has gone fast indeed!

Everything except books in a series where I haven't read the earlier ones yet.

That makes sense :).

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my current plan for the next read-a-thon:

Read-a-thon April 2015 Plan

Owned books:

Ann M. Martin - De BabySitters Club 30: Inge en Betty Worden Zussen (re-read)

Ann M. Martin - The BabySitter's Club 31; Dawn's Wicked Stepsister (re-read)

A. C. Baantjer and Simon de Waal - De Waal & Baantjer 11; Een Kuil Voor Een Ander

Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 4 (re-read)

Stephen Huneck - My Dog's Brain

Simon Tofield - Simon's Cat 4: Simon's Cat VS The World

Carry Slee - Het Bliksemeiland (re-read)

Carry Slee - Bikkels (re-read)

Paul van Loon - LYC-DROP

Esther Verhoef - Nouveau Riche & Andere Spannende Verhalen

Catherine Ryan Hyde - Jumpstart the World

Library Loans:

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 13: Kaas Op Wielen (Un Camper Color Formaggio)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 52: De Schat van de Spookpiraat (Il Tesoro del Pirata Fantasma)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 63: De Verloren Vampier (Un Vampiro Da Salvare!)

Geronimo Stilton - Oerknagers 1: Wie Heeft de Vuursteen Gestolen? (Via Le Zampe Dalla Pietra Di Fuoco!)

Geronimo Stilton - Oerknagers 4: Klaar voor de Start! (Per Mille Ossicini, Vai Col Brontosauro!)

Thea Stilton - Thea Stilton 9: New York in Rep en Roer (Grosso Guaio A New York)

Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 5: Fantasia V (Quinto Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia)

Liz Pichon - Tom Groot 4.5: Tom Groot Leest Zich Suf (Niet Dus) (Tom Gates 4.5: Best Book Day Ever!)

Chris Mould - Vreselijk Vreemde Verhalen 1: De Getijdenbrug (Something Wickedly Weird 1: The Wooden Mile)

Dee Shulman - Mijn Supergeheime Dagboek: Op het Toneel in Amerika (Polly Price's Totally Secret Diary: On Stage in America)

Rachel Renée Russell - Dork Diaries 1: Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life

Lauren Child - Klaartje Boon 6: Klaartje Boon Spelt P.R.O.B.L.E.M.E.N (Clarice Bean 6: Clarice Bean Spells Trouble)

Sabine Zett - Hugo 2: Hugo's Masterplan (Dutch)

Sabine Zett - Hugo 3: Hugo Fikst Het (Hugo Hebt Ab!)

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 1: Hoe Overleef Ik Mijn Vakantie?

Francime Oomen - Dit is Ezzie! (Ezzie's Dagboek en Ezzie's Wereld)

I might continue on Monday 6th of April as that's a day off here, but it will depend on how tired I feel and how far I get with the plan.

Edited by Athena

I can join you on Friday and Monday.  Actually, I plan on reading a lot the week of the 6th, as I will have school off.  I have no ideas of what my next read should be though!  Friday will probably be close to the end of the Picoult, I can read a thon that and perhaps finish it depending on how far I get today. After Plain Truth I have to pick from my list again.  Monday, I can probably make it through something short.

I can join you on Friday and Monday.  Actually, I plan on reading a lot the week of the 6th, as I will have school off.  I have no ideas of what my next read should be though!  Friday will probably be close to the end of the Picoult, I can read a thon that and perhaps finish it depending on how far I get today. After Plain Truth I have to pick from my list again.  Monday, I can probably make it through something short.

It's nice to hear you'll be able to join me on those days :). I hope you'll get a lot of nice reading done in your week off. I hope you enjoy Plain Truth and that you'll find something else nice off your list to read. We could do the short CRH that week, if you want to? (but maybe we should discuss that elsewhere as it's perhaps not related to the read-a-thon as much)

I went to my room and retrieved four more books that I might read for the read-a-thon. I got the Dutch book 30 of the BabySitter's Club, because 30 and 31 are kind of part of the same storyline and so I felt wrong to only read 31, but I don't own 30 in English. It'll probably cause a lot of confusion to me as pretty much all the names of all the characters have been changed, but I'm going to try to do it this way. I also found a children's short horror book I might re-read, and two 'art'-ish books that should be good for the read-a-thon (one about a dog, the other about a cat). I edited my post above (see the quote or above):

Here's my current plan for the next read-a-thon:

Read-a-thon April 2015 Plan

Owned books:

Ann M. Martin - De BabySitters Club 30: Inge en Betty Worden Zussen (re-read)

Ann M. Martin - The BabySitter's Club 31; Dawn's Wicked Stepsister (re-read)

A. C. Baantjer and Simon de Waal - De Waal & Baantjer 11; Een Kuil Voor Een Ander

Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 4 (re-read)

Stephen Huneck - My Dog's Brain

Simon Tofield - Simon's Cat 4: Simon's Cat VS The World

Carry Slee - Het Bliksemeiland (re-read)

Carry Slee - Bikkels (re-read)

Paul van Loon - LYC-DROP

Esther Verhoef - Nouveau Riche & Andere Spannende Verhalen

Catherine Ryan Hyde - Jumpstart the World

Library Loans:

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 13: Kaas Op Wielen (Un Camper Color Formaggio)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 52: De Schat van de Spookpiraat (Il Tesoro del Pirata Fantasma)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 63: De Verloren Vampier (Un Vampiro Da Salvare!)

Geronimo Stilton - Oerknagers 1: Wie Heeft de Vuursteen Gestolen? (Via Le Zampe Dalla Pietra Di Fuoco!)

Geronimo Stilton - Oerknagers 4: Klaar voor de Start! (Per Mille Ossicini, Vai Col Brontosauro!)

Thea Stilton - Thea Stilton 9: New York in Rep en Roer (Grosso Guaio A New York)

Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 5: Fantasia V (Quinto Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia)

Liz Pichon - Tom Groot 4.5: Tom Groot Leest Zich Suf (Niet Dus) (Tom Gates 4.5: Best Book Day Ever!)

Chris Mould - Vreselijk Vreemde Verhalen 1: De Getijdenbrug (Something Wickedly Weird 1: The Wooden Mile)

Dee Shulman - Mijn Supergeheime Dagboek: Op het Toneel in Amerika (Polly Price's Totally Secret Diary: On Stage in America)

Rachel Renée Russell - Dork Diaries 1: Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life

Lauren Child - Klaartje Boon 6: Klaartje Boon Spelt P.R.O.B.L.E.M.E.N (Clarice Bean 6: Clarice Bean Spells Trouble)

Sabine Zett - Hugo 2: Hugo's Masterplan (Dutch)

Sabine Zett - Hugo 3: Hugo Fikst Het (Hugo Hebt Ab!)

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 1: Hoe Overleef Ik Mijn Vakantie?

Francime Oomen - Dit is Ezzie! (Ezzie's Dagboek en Ezzie's Wereld)

I might continue on Monday 6th of April as that's a day off here, but it will depend on how tired I feel and how far I get with the plan.

Going to try and join in next weekend … need to think about what to read.  Just finished a book, and contemplating going back to the Jar of Destiny.  I'd already picked Celia by E. H. Young from it before I went off on a YA tangent, so might go back to that one, but don't now if I'll finish it before Friday, so that might be my first read.